X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

I felt the same way....even emailed Larry at JHH for clarification. You get all keyed up by one page until you click the link to order and them BAM! Major let down.
    Yeaaa, should have noticed they were not available part. Welp onward and upward.

Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
      Didn't eflite have one a few years ago? Maybe 15 years ago or so?
      You have a good memory, the Eflite airliner......

Comment

• It’s funny, I am sure the current conversation has shown that the release of Hoot may have disappointed many. Although the L-39 has always been a favorite, it is not as sexy as many other choices. So then we come back to project foil.......we have been waiting a long time, and the L-39 was not enough to coerce me to “add to cart”. I hope foil will again be a winner for FW and MRC. If it is, I promise part of the release will not have a promo of how many different schemes the customer can re-paint it’s product. I’m in a holding pattern........

Comment

• Originally posted by lmramos44 View Post
          It’s funny, I am sure the current conversation has shown that the release of Hoot may have disappointed many. Although the L-39 has always been a favorite, it is not as sexy as many other choices. So then we come back to project foil.......we have been waiting a long time, and the L-39 was not enough to coerce me to “add to cart”. I hope foil will again be a winner for FW and MRC. If it is, I promise part of the release will not have a promo of how many different schemes the customer can re-paint it’s product. I’m in a holding pattern........
          It's just that given the laundry list of what Captain Gibson has flown(what he hasn't might be a shorter list) and have it turn out to be the Warsaw Pact's equivalent of a T-38 was a let-down. And what's up with Foil
          anyway? SIx months and still no plane? Really should think about a shorter tease time, or give an explanation like ICE holding it hostage or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

It's just that given the laundry list of what Captain Gibson has flown(what he hasn't might be a shorter list) and have it turn out to be the Warsaw Pact's equivalent of a T-38 was a let-down. And what's up with Foil
            anyway? SIx months and still no plane? Really should think about a shorter tease time, or give an explanation like ICE holding it hostage or something.
            Agreed, let’s not make the same mistakes HK and HSD do.

Comment

• Originally posted by lmramos44 View Post

Agreed, let’s not make the same mistakes HK and HSD do.
              That can be even worse. Imagine the backlash when you tease a plane, have prototype videos, and then not put it into production. Though Horizon can be just as bad. I forget what plane it was, but they took pre-orders and the delivery date slipped twice, but to add insult to injury, an American based company delivered to the European pre-buyers FIRST, two weeks before the US.

Comment

• My Friends, the original intent of this thread back in Post #1, which wasn't created by Motion RC, was a friendly guessing game for upcoming aircraft, since it seemed that with every new release, people always seemed to ask "what's next"?. As I've tried to emphasize in my posts throughout this thread and in similar threads, our project development times are often measured in years, so at any given time we have at least 1.5-2.5 years worth of products on the List... that's a lot of aircraft! I've also cautioned that my playing along with this guessing game doesn't mean and shouldn't be construed to imply that we'd be disclosing Project Names in the order in which they're going to being released. I hope everyone understands that it's not just us friendly hobbyists reading these threads... ;) ... for competitive purposes, it is simply unwise to publicly forecast exactly which products are in our pipeline. Not to mention, like all of you, as a hobbyist I don't appreciate being teased with pictures of something that is still months away from actual mass production!

In my mind, this thread is purely for speculative fun, to try one's hand at deciphering *some* of the Project's names our team uses internally. With that in mind, I would ask that we please not take anything in this thread too seriously, because it's not an Official thread. When a new Motion RC product is officially ready for launch, Motion RC will create an Official thread to launch it.

Separate from any guessing threads such as this one, notice that the interval between our actual Official Announcement and Actual Delivery is very short. All of our aircraft announced over the past 12 months were Officially Announced within a few weeks of that model's actual arrival to our warehouse and being shipped to customers. B-24, F-105, F-8, P.15, F-4, etc. The L-39 was announced earlier this week, a full two weeks after the first shipment was already on the water. In fact, on average over the past three years, our pre-order waiting times have gotten shorter with Freewing/FlightLine aircraft in particular, and that's because we've consciously made every effort to not hype an all-new upcoming aircraft until its first shipment has already been produced.

With these facts in consideration, I don't think anyone should worry about us becoming like the vendors mentioned above.

I do sometimes worry (at 5:00am Local) that the danger of speculative threads like this one is that they tend to take on a life of their own and grow beyond their original scope. In addition, a group voice may gradually grow to focus on a single aircraft, which then morphs the thread from a "guessing" thread to an "expectation" thread. That's where I'd apologize if anyone felt we contributed to such a mentality, because baiting our friends and customer family is never our intent. As I'm fond of saying "The key to happiness is managed expectations". Accordingly, I hope this outline allows us to return this thread to its original easygoing intent: If you'd like to burn holes in Wikipedia to hazard a guess at the weird Project names we use internally, have at it. If it turns out that Project wasn't what you guessed, don't worry. We've always got more coming down the pipe :)

Have fun!
                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Hey Alpha, I Gotcha........most of us have not forgotten what this hobby was like before you and Motion were around. We may b##ch on this forum once in awhile, but I dare anyone to complain about your support, commitment and contribution to this great hobby. We appreciate it greatly, Thank You......now back to “foil”;)

The Key to Happiness is exceeding expectations....

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                    My Friends, the original intent of this thread back in Post #1, which wasn't created by Motion RC, was a friendly guessing game for upcoming aircraft, since it seemed that with every new release, people always seemed to ask "what's next"?. As I've tried to emphasize in my posts throughout this thread and in similar threads, our project development times are often measured in years, so at any given time we have at least 1.5-2.5 years worth of products on the List... that's a lot of aircraft! I've also cautioned that my playing along with this guessing game doesn't mean and shouldn't be construed to imply that we'd be disclosing Project Names in the order in which they're going to being released. I hope everyone understands that it's not just us friendly hobbyists reading these threads... ;) ... for competitive purposes, it is simply unwise to publicly forecast exactly which products are in our pipeline. Not to mention, like all of you, as a hobbyist I don't appreciate being teased with pictures of something that is still months away from actual mass production!

In my mind, this thread is purely for speculative fun, to try one's hand at deciphering *some* of the Project's names our team uses internally. With that in mind, I would ask that we please not take anything in this thread too seriously, because it's not an Official thread. When a new Motion RC product is officially ready for launch, Motion RC will create an Official thread to launch it.

Separate from any guessing threads such as this one, notice that the interval between our actual Official Announcement and Actual Delivery is very short. All of our aircraft announced over the past 12 months were Officially Announced within a few weeks of that model's actual arrival to our warehouse and being shipped to customers. B-24, F-105, F-8, P.15, F-4, etc. The L-39 was announced earlier this week, a full two weeks after the first shipment was already on the water. In fact, on average over the past three years, our pre-order waiting times have gotten shorter with Freewing/FlightLine aircraft in particular, and that's because we've consciously made every effort to not hype an all-new upcoming aircraft until its first shipment has already been produced.

With these facts in consideration, I don't think anyone should worry about us becoming like the vendors mentioned above.

I do sometimes worry (at 5:00am Local) that the danger of speculative threads like this one is that they tend to take on a life of their own and grow beyond their original scope. In addition, a group voice may gradually grow to focus on a single aircraft, which then morphs the thread from a "guessing" thread to an "expectation" thread. That's where I'd apologize if anyone felt we contributed to such a mentality, because baiting our friends and customer family is never our intent. As I'm fond of saying "The key to happiness is managed expectations". Accordingly, I hope this outline allows us to return this thread to its original easygoing intent: If you'd like to burn holes in Wikipedia to hazard a guess at the weird Project names we use internally, have at it. If it turns out that Project wasn't what you guessed, don't worry. We've always got more coming down the pipe :)

Have fun!
                    Keep up the exceptional work Alpha. From the L-39 build video it certainly looks like the next level of detail has been reached. As I am not into EDFs I will not be ordering one but enthusiastically await the next prop war bird five eyes.
                    regards
                    Bob

Comment

• Foil, I believe, is the mispronounced, then misspelled, Pfeil. Alpha is trying to throw us off, but we're not biting. We all know what the Pfeil is... :-)

---
                      Warbirder

Comment

• Just missing that silly EDF.... :-) I really want one of these someday!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
                          Foil, I believe, is the mispronounced, then misspelled, Pfeil. Alpha is trying to throw us off, but we're not biting. We all know what the Pfeil is... :-)

Hope you are right Oxotnik, Do 335 would be another fantastic twin in the hanger

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post
                            Ya know I like both props and jets. When I brought up doing a C-130, I was quickly laughed off this forum. Basically why would anybody want one of those, lol. So with that considered, and please feel free to laugh away. I think a nice Freewing Boeing 737 would be awesome. Now before you dismiss me again, why couldn't you do loops and rolls in a nice Boeing 737, I personally think it would be great. What's the point of making a cool plane if you can't fly it how you want. Realize this, it really wouldn't be easy to make one of these that fly's great. But that is keeping with the Motion RC philosophy. Imagine the possible liveries. Getting company's to think outside of the box is a really hard thing. But let me tell ya, I think it would be a big winner. Not one that takes a year to assemble. But one that looks and fly's great, you have ready in a couple of days.

The bottom line, is the MRC folks are some of my favorite people. But some time they may need a well swung boat ore up side of the head to get them out of there rut.

HSD is making a Boeing 747, but I think they're missing the mark. Yea I'd like to have a 747, but we all know it's going to be too d..m big, and cost a small fortune. Kinda the HSD way, they have many, many planes that will cost in excess of 2K to get flying. I wont invest that kind of scratch to buy something that can ultimately pancake. I wouldn't be able to sleep for a week.

So let the laughing and scoffing begin. I would buy a nice 737, would you?

Best Regards
                            Woody

PS, HK has a Grumman Albatross on the way, most of us know this. Imagine if Flightline made one with retracts. It would blow the HK plane right out of the water. What if Flightline make a Catalina that had retracts. Think!
                            Maybe a 727?

Comment

• Hey airliner guys, have any of you seen the jets offered by Supreme Hobbies??? Here is my A340/600

Comment

• I hope Freewing brings out a quality Corsair or P 47
                                1500 or 1600 mm wingspan would be just right.
                                I know others have tried but Freewing, Motion
                                Would do them right and they would be a pleasure To fly rather than constant problems.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cws View Post
                                  I hope Freewing brings out a quality Corsair or P 47
                                  1500 or 1600 mm wingspan would be just right.
                                  I know others have tryed but Freewing, Motion
                                  Would do them right and they would be a pleasure To fly rather than constant problems.
                                  If so do the variant with the bubble cockpit, I cant stand the razorback. (The P-47)

Comment

• And if a Corsair, please gib one with the navy blue, no more Korean black

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
                                      Foil, I believe, is the mispronounced, then misspelled, Pfeil. Alpha is trying to throw us off, but we're not biting. We all know what the Pfeil is... :-)

I'll buy that story all day long and gladly take a Pfeil............. right after the Bronco.LOL
                                      Ya know why........because Twins are 2X the fun. :Cool:
                                      Warbird Charlie
                                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• looks good coming or going, fun no matter what it is, stunned at the quality and selection, keep um coming, and going ;)
                                        Click image for larger version

Name:	073f352cdf7d2644f78742ea1fb5f6c3.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	150459
                                        rc flyin addict

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                          My Friends, the original intent of this thread back in Post #1, which wasn't created by Motion RC, was a friendly guessing game for upcoming aircraft, since it seemed that with every new release, people always seemed to ask "what's next"?. As I've tried to emphasize in my posts throughout this thread and in similar threads, our project development times are often measured in years, so at any given time we have at least 1.5-2.5 years worth of products on the List... that's a lot of aircraft! I've also cautioned that my playing along with this guessing game doesn't mean and shouldn't be construed to imply that we'd be disclosing Project Names in the order in which they're going to being released. I hope everyone understands that it's not just us friendly hobbyists reading these threads... ;) ... for competitive purposes, it is simply unwise to publicly forecast exactly which products are in our pipeline. Not to mention, like all of you, as a hobbyist I don't appreciate being teased with pictures of something that is still months away from actual mass production!

Have fun!
                                          Hey Alpha!
                                          To Quote John Fogerty,"When you ask them how much should I give, they only answer more more more."
                                          People need to relax and enjoy the process, this comes from a 65 year old. It doesn't get here faster than the speed at which it gets here.
                                          Get off the PC!!
                                          Go fly a plane!!!!

Grossman56
                                          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                          X