X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

Do you en a twin 80 or single feeding twin ducts like the 64 mm F/A-18? LX all ready makes a twin 70 mm.
    Single, dont make it unaffordable. And lx from my experience makes the worst **** mankind could ever dream of. They should be hung for it.
    Last edited by rifleman_btx; Sep 10, 2018, 11:51 AM. Reason: Damn autocorrect on the phone hates me. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post

Single, dont make it unavoidable. And lx from my experience makes the worst **** mankind could ever dream of. They should be hung for it.
      Twelve blade twin 50s wold give it enough ummph and make it retract size, but twin 64s seems the low end. I'd even settle for a single 64 mm like the F/A-18s.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grady.c View Post
        Possibly a B-57? That would make me happy
        I think an early B-57 might be more plausible before they changed to the tandem cockpit because it would also appeal to the European market.

Click image for larger version

Name:	B-57A_USAF_52-1418.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	151070

Comment

• I would make it equivalent to the fms f18. I think that would give plenty of power, and size with a single 80mm. Plus have aluminum retracts ready to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post

I think an early B-57 might be more plausible before they changed to the tandem cockpit because it would also appeal to the European market.

Name:	B-57A_USAF_52-1418.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	151070
            Why not just design it so the battery access encompasses the cockpit area and sell it with USAF & RAF sticker sheet and battery hatches with either the tandem or side by side canopy since that was the only cosmetic difference between the two basic aircraft.

Comment

• Pretty well describing a Dynam Gloster Meteor. Not well done I might add.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	20180203090633s.jpg Views:	1 Size:	21.6 KB ID:	151310

Why not a Hawker Hunter?

Name:	1280px-Hunter_-_Shuttleworth_Military_Pageant_June_2013_(9187713516).jpg
Views:	348
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	151312

Comment

• The Hunter would be a very great subject for MRC I think, it would fit into the line and perform very similarly to the Avanti and L-39.

The Meteor (and B57), while being really cool planes, would be more difficult to pull off since twin EDFs tend to suck down the juice pretty hard (and are more expensive). You'd be looking at a model that would be similar in size and cost to the ME262, taking a 5000 6S pack for a 3-minute flight. And that would be fine, but I'm just saying that it would be in that upper-level price point which would make it less attractive to MRC in terms of marketing.
                Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• The hawker hunter would be a good one.
                  either of the planes with motors way out on the wings would be an instant crash on a failure of either Motor, probably.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cws View Post
                    The hawker hunter would be a good one.
                    either of the planes with motors way out on the wings would be an instant crash on a failure of either Motor, probably.
                    But no more so than any other twin engine plane. And RC lander makes a 70 mm Hunter in several color schemes, as well as some other places.

Comment

• +1 on the Hunter. A well done 80/90 mm version is well overdue.

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
                        The Hunter would be a very great subject for MRC I think, it would fit into the line and perform very similarly to the Avanti and L-39.

The Meteor (and B57), while being really cool planes, would be more difficult to pull off since twin EDFs tend to suck down the juice pretty hard (and are more expensive). You'd be looking at a model that would be similar in size and cost to the ME262, taking a 5000 6S pack for a 3-minute flight. And that would be fine, but I'm just saying that it would be in that upper-level price point which would make it less attractive to MRC in terms of marketing.
                        The twin 80-90 mm A-10 gets better flight times than most of my singles. Granted it does carry 2 packs (one for each motor) but 4 to 5 minute flights at scale speeds are easy to get without punishing the packs.
                        My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• So were talking a 900 dollar loss on that plane when it goes in. With battery and reciever costs. Thats what makes those bigger planes over my value fun ratio.

Comment

• Bigger planes, larger presence and costs with the same for the loss and you know this up front. So I say fly them all but you have to love the bigger planes as they fly better, look better and sound better when flying. Case in point a Freewing A10 (1700mm) vs the smaller A10. Both are good planes to fly but in the end its what makes you excited. So in my hangar there are 64mm thru 120mm; Large turbines as well as small and large prop planes with a mix of foam and balsa AND always room for more. (I think that's why I crash)

Me, I love the smell and sound of the Turbines, gets the hair up and has the "Wow Factor" but you have to fly them all but what I like most is when parents come to the field with the kids. They get excited and we start talking to them about the hobby. Had a couple already join the club.. This is our future... not the next big model

Sorry, a little off topic, my apologies. :Goodbye:

Comment

So were talking a 900 dollar loss on that plane when it goes in. With battery and reciever costs. Thats what makes those bigger planes over my value fun ratio.
                              I'm not made of money but I still remember sinking a grand ( easy ) into 40 to 60 size built up kits once said and done. Flew em crashed a few but you really can't think about the money, You'll never enjoy the hobby.

Mike
                              \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• I know this is nothing new but planes crash and that is a given. However, they are rarely a total loss.This plane has crashed twice. Once into a chain link fence on landing and once it dead-sticked into a cornfield. I contemplated replacing the fuse and wings at different times but it is still all original foam. OK, I have had to replace a missile or two. Yes there is a battery investment but once you have them you have them.

Name:	41344657_457259531350017_3046726547105906688_o.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	151443

Comment

• In the situation im in you have to think about every penny spent. Yes, it sucks to be me.

Comment

In the situation im in you have to think about every penny spent. Yes, it sucks to be me.
                                    Understood and things will look up you gotta have faith. I remember when I started way back when I pinched pennies ( outta a crap budget) to get into the hobby. Been a fun ride though and worth every cent. I wouldn't change a thing short of some of those " Hold my beer" moments that always cost me.
                                    Mike
                                    \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Yeah, when i was younger as well i had the much higher expendable income, i was able to do the same. Just sucks when you go from that to hardly anything. Just finding out how much it doesn't pay to get blown clean out of a career. Only way things will get better financially is when the va stops playing with my life and just let me live it.

Comment

• Sorry guys, I just have to keep pushing for this plane to have a place in line for the next 1600mm -2000mm
                                        Get an inside look at the restoration and first flight of the Commemorative Air Force’s C-47 That’s All, Brother, the lead airplane in the D-Day invasion at ...

Even the work up paint job is just too cool!

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Lol i been on board that very plane LOL:Cool:

Comment

Working...
                                          X