Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree Team Gross! It’s one of those planes where you don’t want just one of. I want one or two military, a couple commercial, and an aftermarket turbo-prop!

Comment

• If the air force wants a SINGLE engine ground attack plane a turboprop has to be the worst engine choice possible. Put the P 47 or Corsair back in production.
      they would be more survivable in ground fire than any turboprop. History is proof, this is why the A 10 is designed as it is. If they want go with turbine power
      the A 10 is the logical choice....proven, not theory.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
        In the situation im in you have to think about every penny spent. Yes, it sucks to be me.
        Hey Rifle, we have all been there one time or another. It will get better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot
          Here's a little video for WBC and the other "Bronco Busters":
          Thanx Valk............am very familiar with that vid
          Here is the ultimate vid that should quiet any further naysayers about the :ov10 not being an actual warbird and push Alpha into announcing to us the first SuperScale foam OV-10 Bronco by Flight Line RC.
          OV-10 in Perspective :Cool:
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• That bird is very much a warbird at the highest level.

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Thanx Valk............am very familiar with that vid
              Here is the ultimate vid that should quiet any further naysayers about the :ov10 not being an actual warbird and push Alpha into announcing to us the first SuperScale foam OV-10 Bronco by Flight Line RC.
              OV-10 in Perspective :Cool:
              Has anybody "strapped" a GAU-8 onto a Bronco? And I bet you could pack a lot of lead in the utility bay.

Comment

• It's 2 tons
                Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

Has anybody "strapped" a GAU-8 onto a Bronco? And I bet you could pack a lot of lead in the utility bay.
                  In a way, the idea of the A-10 was upgrading the Bronco to jet power and the big gun.

The weight of the GAU8 would keep the Bronco grounded even without ammo.

Bronco... 40 ft span. Take-off speed 73 knots (can't find stall speed )... A-10 span 53 ft. stall 120 knots
                  FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• The A-10 is for sure the best ground-attack airplane ever and I believe all of the tooling to build those airplanes is at the Boneyard in Arizona.
                    it would be pretty easy to put them back into production, there's nothing exotic about them.

Comment

• Decided to break out my soap box and elucidate some observations. One of my biggest gripes around here is that people want a plane, but only if it's X,Y, and/or Z. Why not just be glad that it exists in mass production, in stead of you having to go "down to the garage" and scratch build it yourself, IF you are talented enough. Another is that once one IS in production, there's a specific thing that you don't like about it,
                      such as the powerplant. Well, not to seem ungrateful, but there ARE other sites out there that do offer KIT versions of MRC models, or perhaps we need to lobby for more ARF and ARF+ kits at MRC. And yes, I'll admit I'm guilty as well for griping about a lack of EDFs 70 mm or less, but if you want to know why, check out my post "The Corridor".

Comment

• I have a question for Alpha, or actually any of the MRC guys. When a model goes out of production, do the manufacturers retain or destroy the molds?

Comment

• Hi Valkpilot, good question! I'm answering that question right now on RCAfterhours.

EDIT: The short answer is that every manufacturer has a different logic tree for what to do with molds. Retire them, recycle them, repair them, resell them. It simply varies.
                          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                            Hi Valkpilot, good question! I'm answering that question right now on RCAfterhours.

EDIT: The short answer is that every manufacturer has a different logic tree for what to do with molds. Retire them, recycle them, repair them, resell them. It simply varies.
                            The reason I asked is that one of your "partners" FMS, had some great 64 mm planes, and I was wondering what type of campaigning it would take for them to bring them back?

Comment

• Hi Valkpilot, it would most likely depend on the actual model, and whatever reasons they had for discontinuing it. The best route would be to contact www.MotionRC.com/support and ask them to inquire with FMS about that model and if it is available or what it would take to make it available again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                Hi Valkpilot, it would most likely depend on the actual model, and whatever reasons they had for discontinuing it. The best route would be to contact www.MotionRC.com/support and ask them to inquire with FMS about that model and if it is available or what it would take to make it available again.
                                Thank you.

Comment

• Alpha,

I know the molds are very expensive and appear to be when things are nearing production. However, if a tweak in the mold was needed to be made (without making an entirely new mold) or a company found it was important to do so, is it possible to modify? If I can be modified, is the decision to do so depended on the degree of change that would need to occur, or the cost to do so?

Comment

• Hey T-Cat, that depends on the tweak. As negative molds, certain tweaks are easier to execute than others. Removing material is always more feasible than adding material. Most tweaks tend to be additive, however. Ultimately, it always comes back to cost. Tweaking very quickly becomes retooling, at which case one might as well make a new mold, at which point one might as well make a new design. Things can snowball quickly, so the general rule of thumb is finish everything before the mold is cut.

Comment

• Thanks Alpha :Cool:. That makes perfect sense.

Comment

Working...
                                      X