You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's next Alpha?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by AirHead View Post
    With no disrespect to the SR71 Blackbird, perhaps a "white" version called the SR71 Whitebird. A twin 70mm or 80mm with 12 bladed fans. No black foam gatoring in the hot sun! It could be an anniversary edition....There Ya go!
    Perhaps there is a real-life compromise for the Blackbird fans to have their cake and fly it too. The cover story for the SR-71 was that it was to be an advanced interceptor under the designation of A-12. As you can see in the attached picture, it was silver with black trim. While not an expert, would the trim "gator" if it were an applique rather than paint?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

      I take it that you opted for the laser rather than the conventional surgery. My mother just had the conventional version, and outside of reading, for the first time in nearly 70 years she doesn't need glasses.
      I had my real lens removed and a high tech plastic lens installed. I paid extra to get a lens that has focus from 20 inches to infinity. No glasses here either...

      Comment


      • Very pleased to see a really nice F-22 in the mix!! It is now on my list as well... now if we can just fill the Mig gap... 15, 17 or 19.... or even a Mig-29!!!! A good twin Mig-29 would be awesome...
        I have way too many planes to list off... But I love to fly them all! the 80-90mm Jets are my newest addiction! Also check out my youtube channel for TONS of flying footage. https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33

        Comment


        • Hey while we're dreaming of older cool planes, what about a B-58 Hustler. Now that was a cool plane. Can't you just see those four edfs hanging out there on that delta wing? It was like a giant version of an F-102A Delta Dart......also very cool! Come on Alpha, don't you see a challenge there?

          Comment


          • Every rc Jet Pilot that I know drools over the idea of a large scale F-100. There must be some difficult design issues with it or I am sure we would see more manufacturers offer it. Century jet offers one for a large edf if I recall correctly. Out of my budget. But I would have no problem paying a grand for a 105mm.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
              Hey while we're dreaming of older cool planes, what about a B-58 Hustler. Now that was a cool plane. Can't you just see those four edfs hanging out there on that delta wing? It was like a giant version of an F-102A Delta Dart......also very cool! Come on Alpha, don't you see a challenge there?
              I see the problems being caused by it's most noteworthy characteristics. First the four engines. Even using 28 mm edfs, the plane would be large. And then there's the landing gear. Because it was so spindly, it would be difficult to maintain the much demanded scale look, even with fixed gear. To make it financially viable, it would have to have non-scale gear, either fixed or retractable, or fixed scale gear, but require a hard surface runway.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by lmramos44 View Post
                Every rc Jet Pilot that I know drools over the idea of a large scale F-100. There must be some difficult design issues with it or I am sure we would see more manufacturers offer it. Century jet offers one for a large edf if I recall correctly. Out of my budget. But I would have no problem paying a grand for a 105mm.
                FlyFly used to offer one as well, but probably not the level of scale or quality that you want. And I too would like an F-100, but no greater than 70 mm due to reasons I've previously cited.

                Comment


                • they could probably make a b-58 hustler with only two fan units on the inboard ones.
                  they could make the landing gear shorter and leave out the fuel tank/bomb under the fuselage.
                  not sure why they shy away from the delta wing planes ,F 102A, F 106 etc.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Cws View Post
                    they could probably make a b-58 hustler with only two fan units on the inboard ones.
                    they could make the landing gear shorter and leave out the fuel tank/bomb under the fuselage.
                    not sure why they shy away from the delta wing planes ,F 102A, F 106 etc.
                    But if you do that, the scale aircraft factions may reject it. And about the only reason I can think of there being a dearth of deltas is the slightly higher difficulty if RX setup, even though it eliminates 1-2 servos.
                    Personally, I would love to see the entire Century Series done in 64 or 70 mm, even the Voodoo.

                    Comment


                    • Well, I would love to see larger scale EDF along the size of the A-10. The question is, will they sell enough for MotionRC to make a profit? My guess is that the market will not demand many jets if the cost goes above $600. For me, it would be an easy decision to pay $700 to $800 on a big EDF in super scale. I think the A-10 is the best value in the market, and would like to see more big twins.

                      Comment


                      • Well since I got my last wish for a large F22, I'll just throw it out there again that I'd love to see a 6s 70mm sport jet from Freewing too!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by JamesonC View Post
                          Well since I got my last wish for a large F22, I'll just throw it out there again that I'd love to see a 6s 70mm sport jet from Freewing too!
                          But what you truly want is a 1200 OV-10.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

                            But what you truly want is a 1200 OV-10.
                            Make that a 1600 to go along with the TC and P38!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by tclaridge View Post
                              Well, I would love to see larger scale EDF along the size of the A-10. The question is, will they sell enough for MotionRC to make a profit? My guess is that the market will not demand many jets if the cost goes above $600. For me, it would be an easy decision to pay $700 to $800 on a big EDF in super scale. I think the A-10 is the best value in the market, and would like to see more big twins.
                              I second that or even larger.

                              Comment


                              • I think my next purchase will be the HSD Super Viper 105mm
                                looks great and is a good size for grass

                                Comment


                                • I’d love to see Freewing in the future offer some foam “Turbine Ready ARF+” aircraft versions . It would include the conversion components like the metal pipe, high temp. foil tape, and some added bracing for the turbine and pipe (and maybe they could look into placement of the fuel tank in the design as well). With todays pricing on some turbines used for these 80-90mm EDF size aircraft, it is a reasonable expense to convert it to turbine in comparison to the expense of a PNP EDF Plus LiPo batteries needed for the equivalent flight time. Going the turbine route is obviously still quite a bit more expensive than the EDF equivalent at this point, but it’s getting better and more affordable. I would highly consider it and I plan to go that direction in the near future with a Freewing jet. This is just a random thought and something that would be fun to see. It could sell terribly or great, but that’s tough to tell. It’s just a wish .

                                  Receiving potentially triple the flight time, fantastic power, great smell, amazing sound, and the overall fun factor of a turbine in this size range would be incredible. The amount of flights had before servicing the turbine would also be quite a bit, and some turbine servicing isn’t all that expensive, but would depend on the turbine used and location of the owner and servicing center.

                                  Comment


                                  • Hoot and Foil have arrived, what’s next? Five eyes! Hopefully a twin prop warbird from FL?

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                                      I’d love to see Freewing in the future offer some foam “Turbine Ready ARF+” aircraft versions . It would include the conversion components like the metal pipe, high temp. foil tape, and some added bracing for the turbine and pipe (and maybe they could look into placement of the fuel tank in the design as well). With todays pricing on some turbines used for these 80-90mm EDF size aircraft, it is a reasonable expense to convert it to turbine in comparison to the expense of a PNP EDF Plus LiPo batteries needed for the equivalent flight time. Going the turbine route is obviously still quite a bit more expensive than the EDF equivalent at this point, but it’s getting better and more affordable. I would highly consider it and I plan to go that direction in the near future with a Freewing jet. This is just a random thought and something that would be fun to see. It could sell terribly or great, but that’s tough to tell. It’s just a wish .

                                      Receiving potentially triple the flight time, fantastic power, great smell, amazing sound, and the overall fun factor of a turbine in this size range would be incredible. The amount of flights had before servicing the turbine would also be quite a bit, and some turbine servicing isn’t all that expensive, but would depend on the turbine used and location of the owner and servicing center.
                                      T-Cat, really do not see MRC in this small niche. I did already get one, the Navy Viper with a King Tec 60. Total price $3,000.00. I do not see most people in the forums willing to invest this much. With that said I really wanted Freewing to come out with an F-86 or an F9F Panther or Cougar in a 90mm. HSD is coming out with a T-33 and F-86 so may jump on the F-86.

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by wolpertinger View Post

                                        T-Cat, really do not see MRC in this small niche. I did already get one, the Navy Viper with a King Tec 60. Total price $3,000.00. I do not see most people in the forums willing to invest this much. With that said I really wanted Freewing to come out with an F-86 or an F9F Panther or Cougar in a 90mm. HSD is coming out with a T-33 and F-86 so may jump on the F-86.
                                        I don’t see them likely going that route either , but it was just a wish. With the smaller turbines from King Tech getting cheaper (the K30 is $1500, relatively light, and has potential to fit in some Freewing jets), it’s becoming more affordable, and the 80-90mm jets are cheaper than the larger HSD 105mm EDF sized jets. This all helps lower the starting price to get into turbines, and that is nice to see.

                                        That Navy Viper looks like some fun. We have several at the flying field and I’ve almost jumped on that purchase in the past. I hope you’re enjoying yours! I’m starting to come around to the idea again and looking to buy a small turbine in the near future. I may convert a Freewing jet if I don’t go with something else.

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                                          I’d love to see Freewing in the future offer some foam “Turbine Ready ARF+” aircraft versions . It would include the conversion components like the metal pipe, high temp. foil tape, and some added bracing for the turbine and pipe (and maybe they could look into placement of the fuel tank in the design as well). With todays pricing on some turbines used for these 80-90mm EDF size aircraft, it is a reasonable expense to convert it to turbine in comparison to the expense of a PNP EDF Plus LiPo batteries needed for the equivalent flight time. Going the turbine route is obviously still quite a bit more expensive than the EDF equivalent at this point, but it’s getting better and more affordable. I would highly consider it and I plan to go that direction in the near future with a Freewing jet. This is just a random thought and something that would be fun to see. It could sell terribly or great, but that’s tough to tell. It’s just a wish .

                                          Receiving potentially triple the flight time, fantastic power, great smell, amazing sound, and the overall fun factor of a turbine in this size range would be incredible. The amount of flights had before servicing the turbine would also be quite a bit, and some turbine servicing isn’t all that expensive, but would depend on the turbine used and location of the owner and servicing center.
                                          Than there's the wavier. No big deal to obtain but a foam fighter wouldn't be the best way to do it.I've watched guys struggle during the process by using the wrong air-frame..

                                          Mike
                                          \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X