X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I saw those ;)
    Just kidding, but in all seriousness, I would think it would be a logical choice. Think about it, so far both birds have been twin engined tricycle landing gear equipped airplanes. We all want an airplane that performs well on all types of landing fields, seems to me that describes the OV-10 to a tee!
    Besides, now that we have a celebrity amongst us, (check out the cover of the AMA magazine!) I think a Warbird Charlie/OV-10 pic on the box would be entirely appropriate!!

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

• Not a celeb...........but an OV-10:Drooling:Drooling:Drooling:Drooling:Drooling::Smug:
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• The Tennyson reference has to do with Charge of the Light Brigade. Based on the "teaser" on FB, it appears to be a high altitude bomber. Maybe announced tomorrow! Could be a large B-24

Comment

• mum

Comment

• Awesome teaser MRC! Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings. Fingers crossed for a BIG B-29!
            Pat

Comment

• Style of bombs dropped in the video: its WWII, US

Pattern of the drop says they came out of a bomb bay, not wing mounted rack.
              FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• I thought it was supposed to be a 3200mm OV-10? :Silly:

Comment

• Dad was a crew chief on the B-24. N. England, N Africa, Poelsti. 18,000 built. Many more than B-17. The US press was based in London and were too lazy to make the trip to NEngland where most of the B-24 squadrons were based. I’d go for one.

But I’m still pulling for a 1600mm Tennyson Skyraider. That was my early deduction.
                  Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                  Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                  I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• I concur with TJ's rationale that the reference of Tennyson has to do with the "Charge of the Light Brigade" and most likely not a particular pilot in this case as was with the A-4.
                    Even though the Skyraider would be awesome as I earlier rationalized in post #151, I am rethinking this in a whole new direction.

So here are my points for consideration:
                    > Alpha has mentioned numerous times that he is a student of history.
                    > It was mentioned on the RCG link that was erased by Brandon recently that it is a single engine aircraft.
                    > FlightLine is about different/never modeled airframes.
                    > FlightLine has done two fighters officially licensed by the same manufacturer, now it's time to honor a bomber.
                    > The development of the 1600 Spitty's gear and power plant will support this.
                    > They were not 600 but the Light Brigade that charged for the guns into the valley of death was the 50 of these that were the pivotal 5 minutes that changed the Pacific war.
                    > This 5 minute event was part of the Battle of Midway which had it's 75th anniversary this year.
                    > The event was the crippling of the Japanese carrier fleet on June 4th 1942 by the bombing/sinking of the carriers Akagi, Kaga and Soryu.
                    > This aircraft was also flown by our 41st President George H.W.Bush

I am resubmitting to Alpha for his consideration of my rationale that the Tennyson50 is:
                    Grumman TBF Avenger ;)
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Could be . Did the Avenger have bomb bay doors like the tease vid?
                      Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

• Yeah but it doesn't look like it could hold quite as many as were falling in the tease vid.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                          Yeah but it doesn't look like it could hold quite as many as were falling in the tease vid.
                          Just a distracting mislead Steve ;) and yes the Avenger had some big arse doors and could carry 8 - 250 pounders(Mk 81)
                          Warbird Charlie

Comment

• Hmmmmmm.... the TBF-1C was upgraded to 50 cals. vs the original 30 cals. Was also the most produced model.

Comment

• Well, that "Tennyson" refers specifically to "Charge of the Light Brigade" is kind of beyond dispute, since the poem appears in the video. The question is, what kind of plane is dropping the bombs. At 0:16 into the video you can clearly see 12 bombs in two side-by-side rows of 6 that appear to be the entire load of one plane. I can't quite tell the bomb type/weight, but find a good reference here:

303rd Bomb Group - Molesworth, England

Of course if anyone could recognize the terrain in the videos, that would help, but I don't see any clues there.

I don't really see TBM/TBF Avenger as a possibility, because it only had a 2000lb load, and 2000/12 seems like impractically small bombs. Yes, it could carry 8x250lbs, but I clearly see 12 bombs, not 8. This looks like high altitude land bombing....B-24 makes more sense.

Comment

• By the way, if you were to say one iconic "charge" of the B-24, it would be the oilfields in Ploesti. They came in low and the AA was intense - cannon to the left of them, cannon to the right of them. And that is just across the black sea from Crimea, where the Charge of the Light Brigade took place during the Crimean war. So I would guess B-24 just based on that connection.
                                Last edited by Gringotuerto; Nov 21, 2017, 02:59 PM. Reason: Ooops....I thought it was in Crimea, it is not, it is in Romania.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1039.JPG Views:	1 Size:	14.4 KB ID:	104695 An A-20 Havoc....
                                  Agile twin aligns with flightline rc twins
                                  Tricycle undercarriage = field versatility + utilises existing flightline retracts.
                                  No one manufactures an A-20.
                                  Havoc reference to Tennyson's "Lucretius"
                                  Havoc = attack/intruder aircraft
                                  Light Horse = attack/ intruder brigade
                                  Multiple decal options, operated by multiple nations.....including Australia:)

Comment

• This is fun... munch slurp munch slurp munch slurp

Comment

• Freedom equals Liberator
                                      Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Good one. I’ve always wanted a Lib. Consolidated basically did a take off from the Flying boat fuse. My Dad told me the pilots really wrestled with this plane. A beech to fly.

There’s been a few kits over the years ( Jack Stafford) but nothing in foam.

Well see.

Comment

Working...
                                        X