X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
    Timely thanksgiving jokes aside, Project Foil is actually a real project. :D
    A Zeppelin? :) That would be fun and unique.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wesnc View Post
      Please, please, please let project foil be a Lancaster or de Havilland Mosquito ..the link being "window" the thin tin FOIL strips dropped as a radar countermeasure:)
      haha.....I'm still trying Alpha:Silly:
      That's a hell of a good start on kicking the brain electrons into the excite turn-on stage with just the first clue.:Cool:
      I need two or three more clues and still have never gotten it correct on any so far :Loser:
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
        Timely thanksgiving jokes aside, Project Foil is actually a real project. :D
        Alpha, is it a warbird or an edf? Enquiring minds want to know!

Bob

Comment

• That was my first thought after hearing Alpha repeatedly referring to the B-24 as a Lancaster. Chaff was aluminum 'foil' strips that was dropped by planes like the Lanc to jam enemy radar. Of course, that's not to say that it was exclusively a Lancaster mission. The Collings Foundation also owns '909' a B-17G which would send shivers down my spine if they released a 2000 mm B-17 with optional F/G noses.
          Of course, 'foil' could refer to something else as well, being that the word, out of context, could refer to fooling someone or a fencing weapon as well.
          A foil, could also be called a sword, which could also be called a Saber, but I don't see them making another Saber unless its a Saber Dog or a Super Saber,hmmmmmm:Confused:
          Now, if I had my choice of seldom modeled, but absolutely incredible jets to bring out on the market, here it is, the Avro CF-105. Do you realize the technological firsts in this plane!! So far ahead of its time that it was scrapped by the fool of a PM at that time and replaced by the F-101 Voodoo and the Bomarc missile system!! Old Ike was going to make damned sure that Canada was not going to have a Mach 2+ aircraft!!
          A great story, I'm sure every Canadian is familiar with this bird and the controversy behind it, but what a great plane to have come out in kit form.
          BTW, this replica was made for the movie starring Dan Ackroyd. Afterwards, the Gov't even wanted the repilca scrapped. There are persistent remours that one was secreted away and still exists today. An old buddy of mine swears up and down that he was allowed to see it in a hangar under a tarp, so....

Grossman56

Team Gross!

Comment

• I like some of your thoughts Gman but.................
            No on the Dog, it's just a D version F-86 but the F-100 Super Sabre has been :Drooling: over by many.
            I need another clue Alpha, are we talking a FW or a FL bird. ;)
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I am still hoping Freewing dips its toes in the Stealth pool myself!

Click image for larger version  Name:	SR71-Blackbird-Front.jpg Views:	1 Size:	73.3 KB ID:	105340
              Click image for larger version  Name:	1200px-F-117_Nighthawk_Front.jpg Views:	1 Size:	197.4 KB ID:	105341

Click image for larger version  Name:	maxresdefault.jpg Views:	1 Size:	43.5 KB ID:	105342
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I might be one of few with this, but I’ would like to see FlightLineRC release a RC model of the Canadair CL-415 with its land and sea capability, and operational water scooping/release.

I would also like to see the Shuttle Carrier Aircraft (modified B-747) and Space Shuttle where both can be purchased and used separately, or piggybacked like the real deal.

For large Freewing EDF jets, the F-22, F-18C, and MiG-29, along with some Stealth aircraft with the SR-71 and F-117 leading the way in my list of stealth planes. I’m glad Aros mentioned the stealth aircraft too. :Cool:

Comment

• If its FlightLine, I'd really like to see an Avenger, very few of them left flying and it turns out that the one that was at our Wings and Wheels a couple of times now is an old friend!
                  She used to be based out of Abbotsford as a Water Bomber back in the day when I used to drool over anything that was a warbird, wait, that was yesterday, and this morning...........

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1330.JPG
Views:	175
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	105351Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1331.JPG
Views:	184
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	105352
                  Now, you have to admit, being the officially licensed model maker for Northrup Grumman, this should be a logical choice, in a big scale with the option of installing servos to operate the turret and the 3D printer cockpit and radio room CADs, this bird would rock.
                  Also, look at what we've had in the past, an F4F, F6F, F7F,F8F, a Dauntless! The only thing I don't see on the list of Naval aircraft from the day is the Devastator and the Avenger.

Of course, if it doesn't happen:(I'll take great comfort if, as a makeup to Grossman........Alpha finds it in his heart to create.................

An OV-10 !!!
                  WARBIRD CHARLIE SPECIAL!!!!

Just sayin'
                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Project foil sounds like a P51 to me to support the Liberator

Comment

• Now, don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE the P-51!!
                      But, as mentioned before, it's definitely been done and also, Freewing has had a P-51 out for a number of years. Iron Ass got specialed off a few years back and Old Crow is marked way down, so I'm pretty sure that a new one, at least in the 1400mm size isn't likely. Then there's the 1700mm FMS P-51's if you want to go for size. Benjack as a few that I got to eyeball at Nefi in 2016 and they're really nice. So, unless they plan on going 2000mm or 1600mm P-51's, it isn't likely and I doubt that Alpha has that up his sleeve.
                      What we could hope for, is a new version of the Freewing P-51, not just another paint scheme but a revised airplane as the FW P-51 is pretty dated and could us an overhaul, especially in the L/G department. Captain Mike made mention that he and his brother were working on an improved L/G system for the FW P-51, that I hope we might see in the future. I've had three of them as well as my two FMS P-51's (D and B). Sadly, I lost two, but my Iron Ass converted to Old Crow keeps hanging in there and is still flying today and in good shape wonder of wonders!!

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                        could us an overhaul, especially in the L/G department. Captain Mike made mention that he and his brother were working on an improved L/G system for the FW P-51
                        Grossman56
                        Gman........:Confused:as to what is the problem here. Mine has been performing most excellent.
                        Warbird Charlie

Comment

• Complicated gear if I remember. My Old Crow has been doing great as well, I had some gear issues, but solved them by using the spare parts I've created (to put it nicely). The biggest problem that Mike pointed out was the lack of rudder authority, Lon was saying he has that with his as well. Did you get around that problem or have you noticed it?

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

• Complicated gear..........:Confused:..........pretty straight forward oleo configuration.
                            Rudder authority hasn't really been a concern for me cause I haven't been attempting to do precision aerobat knife edges and is totally separate from gear concerns.;)
                            So what was the upgrade to the gear you mentioned that Mike was attempting.:Thinking:
                            Warbird Charlie

Comment

• I don't know, that was he said, his brother and he were working on a revised landing gear, that was 2016, I told him to keep me posted, but nothing so far. What had happened was when he was landing MLG at Nefi, she drifted off the side of the runway, even though he was trying to correct, both him and Lon commented on the lack of ruder authority and that it was a problem
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8274.JPG
Views:	136
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	105701Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8272.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	105702Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8270.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	105703Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8273.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	105704

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

• Poor old gal, sits in a spare parts box now:(....The 650kv and ESC went into Shangrila, so, in a way, part of her was flying at Nefi 2017.

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

• 2016 ehh....then I would bet there is nothing to the comment about gear upgrade. The struts are pretty solid on this bird.
                                  That hard tail wheel on that FW Stang did like to slip-n-slide on the hard tarmac and most likely you didn't have enough throw into the rudder at the time;)
                                  Warbird Charlie

Comment

• So the only thing I could find for WWII on Project Foil is a Lancaster. I don't think they would do two bombers in a row, but maybe. I love the 2m size though.

Comment

• I have never seen a Flightline model in person. The Freewing A-10 is just awesome (detail, construction, flying). How does a Flightline model compare?

Comment

• tclaridge, Freewing is the name of one of the factories we work with. About five years ago we set out to standardize the EDF jets made by Freewing to be sold under the "Freewing" name, and the propeller driven aircraft made by Freewing to be sold under the "FlightLine RC" name. (Sort of like how "FMS" brand and "Roc-Hobby" brand are both made at the FMS factory).

But, names aside, all aircraft produced under the Freewing and FlightLine brand names are produced in the same Freewing factory, and all have my blood and sweat all over them. Luckily, my blood dries clear and crystallizes into Detail. :D What you saw on our Freewing A-10, A-4, etc, is the same level you can expect from the FlightLine Tigercat, new B-24, etc.
                                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• And you have done a fine job, the flight characteristics, detail , build quality, are unmatched in the industry IMHO. Keep um coming, I can always fit 1 more in the hanger :)
                                          rc flyin addict

Comment

Working...
                                          X