X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tclaridge View Post
    I have never seen a Flightline model in person. The Freewing A-10 is just awesome (detail, construction, flying). How does a Flightline model compare?
    You heard it from Alpha, the man himself. As I have both brands in my hanger, I can state that you get great quality with both.:Cool:

Comment

• I agree with mr frankenjet, Alpha, but back to the subject, is Project Foil a FreeWing or Flightline release????

Comment

• Hmm..... I wonder if that might give it away.... I'd like to see another guess or two, then I'll disclose if it's a Freewing or FlightLine.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Thanks Alpha. I was going to purchase another brand name for my winter project, but I decided to save my allowance for a Motion RC release. They are just too good to pass up.

Comment

• Ok, it’s a FreeWing F-100 Super Sabre. Foil/Sabre connection. On the other hand, the Lancaster radar-jamming-windows/Foil connection is pretty strong. And you DID say Lancaster twice on the blog, so, it’s a 2000mm Lancaster from Flightline. You said one or two more guesses!

Comment

• Thanks, tclaridge, as always we hope to do your waiting justice and make every investment with us worth your hard earned cash!

Boots, alright, fair enough, I suppose that did count as two guesses.

Project Foil is a Freewing EDF. :)
              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Thanks Alpha!

Bob

Comment

• Ahhh,

The long awaited F4 Phantom II. Foiled many a Mig-21 sortie! LOL That's my hunch anyway.
                  Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                  Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                  I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• F-4's called "chaffers" were used in Vietnam to create 15-minute airborne corridors of metal foil strips that degraded enemy SAM and AAA radars. Up to 20 F-4's accompanied each raid, dropping Mk 129 chaff bombs at slow speed...the chaff configurations were changed several times until the tech reps brought the dispenser on line that would effectively provide chaff for the corridor. There were plenty of efforts to try and "tune" the dispersal rate so as to gain the maximum radar return, resulting in the length of some chaff strips being increased. I never knew this until now but I bet those guys would have been in the most vulnerable part of the missions.

Comment

• Foil, Saber and Rapier(F-22) where all swords of a simular configuration. Doubtful that Aplha would choose a project name that obvious though. But, a nice quality twin 70mm F-22 would be nice.

Comment

• It would be Raptor not Rapier, the F-108 was the Rapier. If it is an F-100 or an F-22 I would be very happy. I am still hoping for a 106 though..

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj

I was checking this out and found that Tom Clancy refered to it as the Rapier....
                          Interesting. Doing a bit of digging, it appears that this was a popular public suggestion for the name, and was used several times by the media. Could be obscure enough for an Alpha code name..

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                            F-4's called "chaffers" were used in Vietnam to create 15-minute airborne corridors of metal foil strips that degraded enemy SAM and AAA radars. Up to 20 F-4's accompanied each raid, dropping Mk 129 chaff bombs at slow speed...the chaff configurations were changed several times until the tech reps brought the dispenser on line that would effectively provide chaff for the corridor. There were plenty of efforts to try and "tune" the dispersal rate so as to gain the maximum radar return, resulting in the length of some chaff strips being increased. I never knew this until now but I bet those guys would have been in the most vulnerable part of the missions.
                            There ya go ! Starting to save
                            Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                            Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                            I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• An F-100 (90mm, or 90mm size with an 80mm), a twin 80mm F-4, or a twin 80mm F-22 would all ring my bell!
                              Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                F-4's called "chaffers" were used in Vietnam to create 15-minute airborne corridors of metal foil strips that degraded enemy SAM and AAA radars. Up to 20 F-4's accompanied each raid, dropping Mk 129 chaff bombs at slow speed...the chaff configurations were changed several times until the tech reps brought the dispenser on line that would effectively provide chaff for the corridor. There were plenty of efforts to try and "tune" the dispersal rate so as to gain the maximum radar return, resulting in the length of some chaff strips being increased. I never knew this until now but I bet those guys would have been in the most vulnerable part of the missions.
                                Can't imagine that a fighter doing an ECM mission could be driving the "Foil" name here, but I hope you are correct! I would like to see an F-4.

Comment

• post # 289
                                  "Of course, 'foil' could refer to something else as well, being that the word, out of context, could refer to fooling someone or a fencing weapon as well".
                                  You heard it from me first, not that I know any insider information, but 'foil' and 'Sabre' seem to point to an F-100
                                  We'll see

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

• I wonder what it is figther or bomber. I'l be awesome to see a F105 Thunderchief

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post

Can't imagine that a fighter doing an ECM mission could be driving the "Foil" name here, but I hope you are correct! I would like to see an F-4.
                                      Hey, I can always dream and it is just obscure enough....whatever it is it is an EDF so it will be good. :)

Comment

• Did the F-8 Crusader in 64mm have a project name made public before its release Alpha? I’m hoping Project Foil isn’t a small park flyer! A twin 70mm/80mm Meteor, meant to Foil the Axis jets would be awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                        X