X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tclaridge View Post
    I would like an opinion from the group, and maybe provide feedback to Alpha. I noticed there are no WWI planes!?! I think they must not sell very well.

So is there any interest in a big foamie super scale WWI? I have attached my ELECTRIC Sopwith with sound system.

What say you?
    I'm a fan of WWI birds as well. Currently working on a 1/3 scale Fokker D.VIII (Flying Razor). Would make a good larger foamie. It's a monoplane, so no flying wires and easy to transport. This one has a 110" wingspan. It is electric powered with a 100cc equiv motor and will be flown with 4 6s 5000mah lipos as a 12S 10000mah configuration.

A large Taube would be another easy WWI era bird to do, and not available in foam.

Comment

• Looks like quite the bird Twowing, please keep us posted on the build!!

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
        Looks like quite the bird Twowing, please keep us posted on the build!!

Grossman56
        It's been like over a month since I last flew and it seems like that long since I've been outta the house, damn upstate NY weather.
        So I wanna get an invite over to the house to see it in person
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider; FlightLine: Sea Fury; FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, 1700 F4U and a Fox glider; Freewing: A-6, P-51; VQ: P-39; Dynam: ME-262, FW-190, Waco; ASM A-26; ESM F7F-3
        Incinerator Loss 16

Comment

• I know I am not likely to get much support but I still really want to see a large sized well done F6F. It was the workhorse of the pacific.
          AMA 1102566

Comment

• Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post
            I know I am not likely to get much support but I still really want to see a large sized well done F6F. It was the workhorse of the pacific.
            I would definitely love a nice F6F around the 1.2M size. The Dynam just never looked right, and never did justice to such an iconic plane. I even have a scale tail retract on standby for one.

Comment

• I could go for a F6F in the 1.2 mm size Eflite or Flightline. Either one would be a winner.

Comment

• I'm talking 1600mm plus
                AMA 1102566

Comment

• I figured that the only issue I have with the bigger planes is transport. I realize they are making them fairly easy to takedown for transporting but that just doesn't seem like a good idea over a long period of time.

Comment

I'm talking 1600mm plus
                    I'll definitely support ya AZ on that size
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider; FlightLine: Sea Fury; FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, 1700 F4U and a Fox glider; Freewing: A-6, P-51; VQ: P-39; Dynam: ME-262, FW-190, Waco; ASM A-26; ESM F7F-3
                    Incinerator Loss 16

Comment

I'm talking 1600mm plus
                      I would still buy a 1600, especially with a big scale sized prop! Would be a great stablemate for my 1.6m Hangar 9 Corsair.

Comment

• I'd love to see a 1600mm F4F with a scale prop and hub, and articulating gear. It would be a big hit I'm sure.

Pat

Comment

I know I am not likely to get much support but I still really want to see a large sized well done F6F. It was the workhorse of the pacific.
                          Support added

Comment

• Originally posted by tclaridge View Post
                            I would like an opinion from the group, and maybe provide feedback to Alpha. I noticed there are no WWI planes!?! I think they must not sell very well. Hangar 9 sold two great models, but they are discontinued. I got the 1/6 scale Sopwith Camel, and it is a wonderful model! I put the sound system in it, with LEDs in the machine guns. It is very exciting to strafe the runway with guns blazing!

So why don't we have a big WWI plane? We now have wing plugs for easy removal and transport. Flying wires are a pain, but there are many models that don't have them, or there can be an easy attach method for transport and storage.

So is there any interest in a big foamie super scale WWI? I have attached my ELECTRIC Sopwith with sound system.

What say you?

https://youtu.be/lrVrTY69PRk
                            Really surprised that with 100 years plus now of aerial combat, no manufacturer has decided to produce a larger foamy to remember the WWI original icons.

Comment

• Yes I agree...It's time to honor the WWI birds...Would love to see that class added to our site.
                              Aros.MotionRC
                              Motion RC Website/Advertising
                              Self-Admitted Warbirdaholic

My RC videos on YouTube:
                              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDZ..._bdGEJBmtV7YUw

“My soul is in the sky.”

Comment

• Okay, okay, but first....... the F4

Comment

• This is Wednesday, right? Should be time for another clue on Project Foil. How bout it Alpha?
                                  Last edited by Boots Whirlygig; Dec 6th, 2017, 08:33 PM. Reason: questioned aros instead of alpha

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

It's been like over a month since I last flew and it seems like that long since I've been outta the house, damn upstate NY weather.
                                    I've gotten 8 flights in this last week. I know, it's the 50 degree thing.
                                    Ditto for a peak at the new big A-26.

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

What do you mean, you can fly in any type weather
                                      TiredIron Aviation
                                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

What do you mean, you can fly in any type weather
                                        Had a feeling you'ld be on Charlie's comment like a duck on a junebug! You know when those warbird pilots get old, it's like " I can't go on the bombing run Colonel, 'cause it's cold out today".

Comment

• I miss hanging out with CB, looking forward to NEFI
                                          TiredIron Aviation
                                          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Working...
                                          X