Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by purduephigam View Post
    Okay, okay, but first....... the F4 ;)
    Yeah!! I think that big F4F Wildcat would be good also.

Comment

• Another vote for the B-29, the A-26, and A-1 that have been listed so far. I would think the power system from the B-24 would translate nicely into a Lancaster or a Super Fortress. If the B-29 and B-24 were both available, I would have a tough time picking between them. I have always loved both planes, but the B-29 has to be one of the most majestic 4 engine planes ever created. I don't know why the B-29 hasn't had a foam version. It seems like the plane would be a good flyer with the giant wings, tall tail, huge engines, and tricycle landing gear. Getting the B-24 with the Davis wing to fly well as a RC plane seems way more challenging, but obviously has been accomplished. The A-26 would be nice to have and unique since the B-26 and B-25 are already out there. While the B-25 is very iconic, the A-26 is more unique. While I have a lot of respect for the Lancaster and do think it is probably on the short list to get released, my heart lies with the American heavies.

I was watching the end of "We Were Soldiers" last night and was thinking how great it would be for somebody to make a nice flying 1.2-1.6m A-1. I think FMS made one, but I have little faith in anything FMS. It usually takes multiple versions before they get one right. I had their P-40 and sold it before flying after realizing it needed a lot of work to fly right. With Freewing/Flightline knocking out some iconic Vietnam era fighters, the A-1 seems like it would a good fit. A well flying, nicely detailed, and fully armed A-1 making close air support runs at the field would be fantastic!

As for EDF's, I keep holding out for a parkflyer F-14. Even if it had fixed wings, I would still be very interested. I dream of the Freewing F-14, but realize that it is at a skill level I may never reach and needs a paved runway that I don't have access to. A fixed wing parkflyer F-14 that could be hand launched and priced in the $150-$200 range would be great. For many of us, the F-14 is probably the most iconic plane of our childhood. Movies, TV shows, and just about every air show in the 1980's through the 1990's had the F-14.

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
        I miss hanging out with CB, looking forward to NEFI
        He will be easy to find, I know where his reserved spot is!LOL

Comment

I miss hanging out with CB, looking forward to NEFI
          We were asking about you last year to Steve. Glad your coming. We may have our buddy from Texas coming as well. Skywolf

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post

We were asking about you last year to Steve. Glad your coming. We may have our buddy from Texas coming as well. Skywolf
            Cool....yeah I went to a wedding last year...I won't make that mistake again.

I hope to have the RV painted like a B-24 before then.
            TiredIron Aviation
            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post

Not to hijack the thread but George and I are all keyed up about NEFI. Dahawk may be coming too. Wolf, you've got to make it this year..... no more family vacation excuses.. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post

He will be easy to find, I know where his reserved spot is!LOL
                Just look for his signature socks... LOL

Comment

• LOL some of my Squawk and in person buds ;)It's not the being old, cold & damn diabetic neuropathy don't mix:(And yes Tony, a visit to my hangar to see the ASM A-26 you gotta do:Cool:
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Just look for his signature socks... LOL
                    He’s a dedicated follower of fashion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post

He’s a dedicated follower of fashion.
                      HEY :Angry:..........NO Harley fashion wear bashing LOL
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

HEY :Angry:..........NO Harley fashion wear bashing LOL
                        Ok. I'll ease up. You know we wouldn't rib ya if we didn't care about you.

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                          I'd love to see a 1600mm F4F with a scale prop and hub, and articulating gear. It would be a big hit I'm sure.

I'm with you on that also.:):Cool::Drooling:
                          AMA 424553

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Ok. I'll ease up. You know we wouldn't rib ya if we didn't care about you.
                            No worry as I very much enjoy the ribbing brother cause as you n George learned shortly after meeting me that I'm a ball bustin instigator ;)LOL
                            Besides that, the handsome Harley fashion wear is just stylin. :P
                            Warbird Charlie

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                              Besides that, the handsome Harley fashion wear is just stylin. :P
                              It goes with the pose!
                              TiredIron Aviation

Comment

It goes with the pose!
                                LOLThanks, TI. Now I can't get that picture out of my headLOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

LOLThanks, TI. Now I can't get that picture out of my headLOL.

You're welcome:Cool:
                                  TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Classic CB. Like I said, just look for the socks... :Silly: :)

Comment

• What does it say on those socks?
                                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                        What does it say on those socks?
                                        All CB wears is Harley gear. Well, he does wear a Motion RC hat:Cool:.

Comment

You're welcome:Cool:
                                          Awwww..........And I thought you were putting that pic up in remembrance of the ArticThunder. ;)

Better styling than Ryan's leggings LOL

Click image for larger version

Name:	RyannMe.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	107491
                                          Warbird Charlie

Comment

Working...
                                          X