X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
    Well, it was worth a shot anyway. And Alpha did say "if you want to spend hours on Google", and that search only took me like 5 minutes. :)
    Yeah, he cost me about an hour so far...

Comment

The Tennyson50 is the B-25J the Jaunty Jo. Gunnery Sergeant "TENNYSON" C Harrell was a radio operator on the Jaunty Jo that went down on May 26th, 1945 over Byoritsu oil refinery in Japan. The Jaunty Jo was on a low bombing mission, hit by flak and crashed moments later. The B-25J's were a cross between the B-25D and the B-25H. B-25 models starting with the B-25H were upgraded with .50 caliber weapons. The Jaunty Jo was equipped with .50 caliber weapons, hence the "50". God Bless those young souls.... Semper Fi and long live the CH-46 Sea Knight now replaced with the V-22 Osprey.

Comment

Re: Cutter262 - wow, nice detective work. Sounds reasonable to me... now if it's only in the 2000mm range (or bigger)...

Comment

It's quite easy. An F4J Phantom.

https://www.google.com/search?q=virt...&client=safari

worthy of flying against a Mig-21 fishbed.

Running out of Northup Grumman planes.

Probably talking to Boeing about the McDonnell Douglas line up.
          Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
          Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
          I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
            Poetry book, that made me laugh after a 19 hour day!

​​​​​​
            Half a league! Half a league onward! Who didn't have Lord Tennyson beat into their malleable high school heads? I think a 50" length Lancaster would be awesome. That would make what, about a 74" wingspan? Big stocking, but doable. The real thing sure made the bad guys start to sleep with one eye open. LOLLOL

Comment

For a Jet , B-52 for Prop plane B-29

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                Ha, I take it all in good fun as I said above, Wesnc! We're very grateful for everyone's support and neverending enthusiasm :)

Compared to "Tennyson50", Project "Virtue" has a more logical albeit meandering path to describe the model it comprises. Starting right now, if anyone posts here and correctly articulates the correlation between the project name and the secret aircraft, I'll send them a gift certificate when the aircraft is officially announced. Starting date is now, ending date is when we officially announce the aircraft (or it's unofficially leaked, which as always we hope never happens).

Just a disclaimer that it won't be easy, though --these are not supposed to be easily deciphered.

Project "Virtue" = Mosquito ;)
                Project "Tennyson50" = B-25J
                Brandon Moon

Comment

Thinking about "Virtue" - I only vaguely remembered the Four Cardinal Virtues from my high school English literature classes. After some research, I find it is more complicated than this. There seem to be three main lists:

1. The Cardinal Virtues, which can be traced back to Plato: Prudence, Courage, Temperance, Justice.

2. The Theological Virtues, which originate from Corinthians 13:13: Faith, Hope, Charity.

Thomas Aquinas combined these two lists to form his 7 virtues. But Aurelius Clemens Prudentius (died 410AD) created a list that was popularized in the Middle Ages, by taking the antonym of each of the Seven Deadly Sins. This yields:

3. Chastity (vs. Lust); Temperance (vs. Gluttony); Charity (vs. Greed); Diligence (vs. Sloth); Patience (vs. Wrath); Kindness (vs. Envy); Humility (vs. Pride).

There is some overlap, but it seems we have at least 12 or so.

So …how are any of these related to airplanes? Beats me. I can'’t help noticing that many of these would make excellent stripper names. But that is not really furthering our brainstorming, I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon Moon View Post

Project "Virtue" = Mosquito ;)
                    Project "Tennyson50" = B-25J
                    Buzzzz.........Sorry Brandon, first answer is wrong. Alpha already indicated that Virtue is a jet on post#8.

Your second answer don't qualify unless you articulate your correlation between the project name and the secret aircraft.
                    A lot of folks keep missing that point.;)
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by Gringotuerto View Post
                      So …how are any of these related to airplanes? Beats me. I can'’t help noticing that many of these would make excellent stripper names. But that is not really furthering our brainstorming, I suppose.
                      That's funny.
                      Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

A B-52 would be great, however, the twin jets on the wing tips would be huge and ridiculous looking as EDF's. It would, also, be a very expensive with 6 motors and 4 EDF's. Doesn't seem feasible to me as cool as it would be. Doc

Comment

Here is my latest thought on this one. There is the phrase patience is a virtue, so maybe the Jet is something that waited patiently at home while most others were fighting in Vietnam. A jet that that stood a long vigilant guard over our borders watching for Soviet bombers, but never received the recognition for its accomplishments and tech as other planes of the time.. The F-106 Delta Dart! Or maybe I'm just seeing what I want to be seeing :Drooling:.

Comment

Originally posted by doctormike View Post
                            A B-52 would be great, however, the twin jets on the wing tips would be huge and ridiculous looking as EDF's. It would, also, be a very expensive with 6 motors and 4 EDF's. Doesn't seem feasible to me as cool as it would be. Doc
                            Sounds like you're describing a B-36. A B-52 would have 8 EDF's. What might look cool is the re-engined KC-135's with their new fan engines.

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                              Here is my latest thought on this one. There is the phrase patience is a virtue, so maybe the Jet is something that waited patiently at home while most others were fighting in Vietnam. A jet that that stood a long vigilant guard over our borders watching for Soviet bombers, but never received the recognition for its accomplishments and tech as other planes of the time.. The F-106 Delta Dart! Or maybe I'm just seeing what I want to be seeing :Drooling:.
                              You could throw the Canadian CF-101's into that pool of reasoning as well. Or, the virtue of the CF-105! Yeah! There's your delta!

Comment

Woops! What was I thinking? I wasn't!:Silly::Whew: Doc

Comment

Come on Alpha...throw us a Bone...as in a "B one".;)

Sean

Comment

I think project Virtue is an F4 Phantom and here is my obscure reason why... First, we know it is a jet. In 1998, Kinder Bologna or Virtus Bologna won the Final 4 (F4) of the Euroleague Basketball Championships. Alpha also eluded to his mom being a history teacher and him being it's student. I think Alpha was a fan of Virtus Bologna and Virtus means Virtue.

F4 History: 1998, A triumph for virtue

If you Google the above you will find the article about it. Sounds crazy I know.... :Silly:

Besides, a lot of people have been wanting a good one for awhile now. I would love it if it were an A4 but could not find a correlation to it.

You can go ahead and announce them at anytime.

Comment

+1. Makes perfect sense to me. Hope it's a J model.
                                      Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                                      Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                                      I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

I'll throw y'all another Bone on Project Virtue (sorry to say, though, it isn't a B-1B):

Kant.

I hope at the very least we're all learning new things during our hours of research/spitballing.
                                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Has anyone come close? A simple 'Yes' or 'No' will suffice.

Comment

Working...
                                          X