X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
    Where did I miss him starting a new thread about future projects? I want to catch up.... Thanks!!!
    Alpha actually announced Project Foil on this thread. Posts 276 and 278. On post 276 he said it's coming in 2018. On post 306 he confirmed it was going to be a Freewing EDF. Hopefully this is the one Aros is talking about.
    Pat

Comment

• OK, I thought he did,,, And it is an EDF right?? I just didn't have time to read back through all of this data!! LOL Thanks!!

Comment

• Just modified my prior post. Yes, Project Foil was confirmed by Alpha to be a Freewing EDF.
        Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
          Thanks, tclaridge, as always we hope to do your waiting justice and make every investment with us worth your hard earned cash!

Boots, alright, fair enough, I suppose that did count as two guesses.

Project Foil is a Freewing EDF. :)
          LOL I just found 306 and then saw your edited response... Freewing EDF is project FOIL!!! Night all!!!

Comment

• I just hope it’s a 80mm EDF or above though. I’d like to think that would be true since a couple small EDF jets were released.

Comment

• OMG, its a 2m Stuka!! They must be getting the 3D printing models ready for the bombs and a spinning Jericho trumpet!

Comment

• Aros, give us a heads up! Are you talking about Project Foil????

Comment

• They don't have a lot of other countries' planes that would make good candidates WWII was not just US/Brit/German. Vietnam was not just US/Russian for aircraft.... Then there's the wide range possible from the "Korean conflict."

Actually post-Vietnam rate of new aircraft in US military has been very low. WWII it was new design in testing per month and several accepted a year. Now its several years between new designs accepted and we have a lot of 20+ yr old designs still in use.
                  FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
                    They don't have a lot of other countries' planes that would make good candidates WWII was not just US/Brit/German. Vietnam was not just US/Russian for aircraft.... Then there's the wide range possible from the "Korean conflict."

Actually post-Vietnam rate of new aircraft in US military has been very low. WWII it was new design in testing per month and several accepted a year. Now its several years between new designs accepted and we have a lot of 20+ yr old designs still in use.
                    Maybe it’s a P80 Shooting Star?

Comment

• Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
                      They don't have a lot of other countries' planes that would make good candidates WWII was not just US/Brit/German. Vietnam was not just US/Russian for aircraft.... Then there's the wide range possible from the "Korean conflict."

20? Try 40! F-15 and F-16 were 1976. Oh how the time flys...no pun intended.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                        I really like my job so unfortunately I can't just tell ya'll what it is. But in the spirit of giving I will provide all the clues I possibly can without getting fired, LOL

1) It has wings (yeah I know, that was covered)

2) It is a very well known aircraft!

3) It served in its country's military very honorably!

4) I had one once, early in my RC hobby career.

5) I have seen this aircraft in many different liveries.

6) I had three aircraft models in my bedroom growing up as a child. The P-38, the Corsair and THIS AIRCRAFT!

7) You think you know what it is but you are wrong. :Silly:
                        You see! They are playing with our minds..... :Silly: :f4phantom

Comment

• Don’t taunt Happy Funball. :Bomb:

Comment

• I now believe it is an F-86 Saber. This would go along with the time frame of the P-38 and such. And, the F-86 flew with a lot of different contrys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Craig Dieter View Post
                              I now believe it is an F-86 Saber. This would go along with the time frame of the P-38 and such. And, the F-86 flew with a lot of different contrys.
                              This has already been released.
                              At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

Comment

• And speaking of Corsair, when is that "white 86" version coming out in 2m? Oh Alpha has so much work to do this year!
                                PS Thanks to MotionRC again for making the hobby exciting while the other major players go bankrupt and release the same models over again.

Comment

• OK. I’m going back to my original guess of an F-100 Super Saber. This is one they don’t have yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

LOL I just found 306 and then saw your edited response... Freewing EDF is project FOIL!!! Night all!!!
                                    Lets just hope that the foil is not as in "curses, foiled again" :)
                                    My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• I was wondering if maybe it's a MiG-15. I didn't really care for the 64mm MiG-15, but an 80mm one, to compliment the F-86, would be really nice.
                                      ---
                                      Warbirder

Comment

• I’m a bit amazed that a Mig-15/17 has not been done yet in the 80 or 90mm size since it’s a popular airframe, and it’s not common to see a good one of large size these days in RC. I like the F-86 better though, and would love to see an upgraded one with improved ducting, lighting package, sturdier retracts, a full nose gear door, and a few other items. However, it’s probably not an airframe they’ll redesign for a long time since it probably still sells well in its current form.

Comment

• I am still waiting for a giant scale (2000mm-ish) BF-109G, Stuka, SR-71, F-22, F/A-18, 'Stang, P-38, Corsair...Man I could go on and on. Bigger Is Better!!
                                          My YouTube RC videos:
                                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Working...
                                          X