X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tclaridge View Post
    F-117 would be hard because of that flat exhaust. It would not be efficient unless you use twin 80mm EDFs.
    Doesn't seem to bother my 64mm version. I am running it on 4S with a 12 blade fan and it rocks.

Comment

Wow, I am on board with a 2m Corsair Super Scale in tri-color please. Motion can even do that one before the release the 2m twin Do-335.
      Noooooooo... Do-335 first.

I’d also like a FW-190D9 in 1.6m or larger.
      ---
      Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
        Yes Aros........... but ONLY after the 2000mm :ov10 THEN a 2000mm HELLCAT then your 2000mm :corsair :)
        Exactly, I think there's plenty of Corsairs and Mustangs for now.
        TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Yes Aros........... but ONLY after the 2000mm :ov10 THEN a 2000mm HELLCAT then your 2000mm :corsair :)
          Agreed agreed agreed. There is a flood of DO-335s on the market compared to the Bronco. LOL
          i can see it now, 2m span, twin 650kv spinning 14 inch 3 blade props....oops, hey CB, what size would the scale props be? Anyway, sponsons and wings brinming with fuel tanks and ZUNIs and paratroopers dropping out the back......:Drooling:

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post

Agreed agreed agreed. There is a flood of DO-335s on the market compared to the Bronco. LOL
            i can see it now, 2m span, twin 650kv spinning 14 inch 3 blade props....oops, hey CB, what size would the scale props be? Anyway, sponsons and wings brinming with fuel tanks and ZUNIs and paratroopers dropping out the back......:Drooling:
            Ya got me thinking about the scale objectivity of things and the 2000mm sizing of these birds will put them out of FL's technical/pricing abilities for mass production.
            For all three that I listed(Bronco,Hellcat and Corsair) in the 2000mm ranges means that they are in the 1/6 scale range which means stupid sized props @ 20" for Bronco and 26" for Hellcat/Corsair.
            Even dropping to the more reasonable 1/7.5 scale(1625-1750mm spans respectively) the props come in 16" for Bronco and 21" for Hellcat/Corsair.
            Now I can see the Bronco @ 1625mm with 16x10x3 props being driven with the 1600 Spitfire motor as being a very doable and affordable price point in super scale.
            The Hellcat @ 1750mm and the Corsair @ 1650mm are doable also but the scale prop just goes out the window. Even dropping down to an 18" prop on them means using a power plant like a .90 - 1.10 size.
            I could absolutely live with that 18" prop though for a great Hellcat and Corsair from FlightLine in 1/7.5 scale on 8S(got plenty of 4S 4000 to serial up)
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Yeah my eyes are bigger than my hanger, that 2m Bronco would be UUUGE!! I’m happy with 1600mm. So when is it coming?

Comment

• Props don't size in scale. You have to look at the motor size, and determine the prop. None of my warbirds have scale diameter props. ie Sopwith Camel would have an 18" scale prop, but for a Power 46, I use a 15x10. That is 80% of the scale size, and would be worse if I used a higher cell size lipo. My twin Otter at 19 lbs used 13" props!! My guess is the OV-10 2m would use about the same.

Comment

Props don't size in scale. You have to look at the motor size, and determine the prop. None of my warbirds have scale diameter props. ie Sopwith Camel would have an 18" scale prop, but for a Power 46, I use a 15x10. That is 80% of the scale size, and would be worse if I used a higher cell size lipo. My twin Otter at 19 lbs used 13" props!! My guess is the OV-10 2m would use about the same.
                  It depends on a few more factors, predominantly KV as well. You can run scale diameter props in many cases with some work. My 1200mm Bearcat runs a 16" 4 blade, and my 1500mm FMS Razorback runs a 18.6" 4 blade, both almost spot on to scale diameter. It is more difficult, and a bit more expensive, but really makes the airplane look so much more accurate sitting on the tarmac.

Comment

Props don't size in scale. You have to look at the motor size, and determine the prop. None of my warbirds have scale diameter props. ie Sopwith Camel would have an 18" scale prop, but for a Power 46, I use a 15x10. That is 80% of the scale size, and would be worse if I used a higher cell size lipo. My twin Otter at 19 lbs used 13" props!! My guess is the OV-10 2m would use about the same.
                    Props can and do scale in size as DD has indicated. He and I have both done quite extensive amounts of it on many airframes.
                    Your guess regarding a 2000mm OV-10 would be just that.............an incorrect guess.
                    To understand the electric power practices and capabilities, folks just have to stop referring to a specific motor as an equivalent to a particular size IC engine.
                    I can appreciated why that was started by manufactures when electric started evolving in the hobby because the majority of the consumers didn't(and still don't) have a clue about motors but they could relate to engines such as Fox 45 or Enya 45 which by the way were two different animals.
                    So when you refer to a "Power 46" the window is wide in as much as an Eflite Power 46 has a rating of up to 925w whereas as Turnigy G46(same 670kV as the Eflite) has a 741w rating which is a significant delta.
                    That whole practice by the manufactures has gone on for too long now of IC to motor comparison. As technical info in layman terms has become more prevalent about motors the scaling of props and the motors to do so can be done because the numbers can be calculated(as long as motor specs are avail) without depending on the manufacture to tell what size prop can only be used like they did on IC engines.
                    Take the time to research and understand the power coefficients of electrical power and you to can move from having no warbirds with scale props to "dang, that Sopwith looks and performs awesome with an 18" prop" ;)
                    Best regards,

Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Still waiting to see what Project Foil will be, and hoping it's a 90mm F-100!
                      Pat

Comment

• Charlie I dig your reference of the Fox 45 IC engine. I settled into the 2stroke .40-.45 size years ago and my first was a used OSMax .40 sleave valve (dog) which could turn a 10x5 but overheat with a 10x6. Then a K&B .40 sv not much better, these were lighter engines and 40 size planes usually required nose weight to balance. Next was a OSMax .45 FSR which absolutely screamed with 9x7 thru 11x6 props at twice the fuel consumption. Next was the FOX .45 that could spin a 12x6 no sweat. Those all look like toothpicks compared to the scale props on today’s electrics! The big scale sized prop are real eye candy!
                        Wonder how much I can sell these IC engines for? I also have 2 well broke- in OS .25FSR and a new (no box) K&B .45 DF and 2 pipes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post
                          Wonder how much I can sell these IC engines for? I also have 2 well broke- in OS .25FSR and a new (no box) K&B .45 DF and 2 pipes.
                          I happen live about 5 miles from the Northeasts largest metal scrap yard. LOL
                          Warbird Charlie

Comment

• LOL:Confused:

Comment

• DO-335 - a MUST have- been saying it all along for months... However I wanted to throw in something interesting.. a MIG 25 FOXBAT... Big FAST- can't turn worth a crap... AWESOME!!!
                              Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

• What not to make. Please don't make any of these ! LOL https://youtu.be/Dzr9f-rkjnw
                                Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                                Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                                I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                                  What not to make. Please don't make any of these ! LOL https://youtu.be/Dzr9f-rkjnw
                                  Sea Vixen was on that list- how odd..
                                  Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

• Any chance of the next warbird clue Alpha? + a pretty please:)

Comment

• No more "next" warbird clues until Alpha spills his guts on what Project Tennyson 50 is.........been waiting for 9 months :Drooling:
                                      Warbird Charlie

Comment

• Yeah, I hope its not the "push me pull you"!! Dornier.
                                        It's an OV-10, for sure!!
                                        At least in my books, since he won't make me an Me 109E !
                                        If not an OV-10, I'd settle for a 1600 mm Bearcat...............

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

No more "next" warbird clues until Alpha spills his guts on what Project Tennyson 50 is.........been waiting for 9 months :Drooling:
                                          Alpha, there are a lot of expecting fathers out here. It’s time to induce for crying out loud!

Comment

Working...
                                          X