X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
    This was at eWeek at Triple Tree Aerodrome in Woodruff, SC last fall. I did not get the opportunity to see it up close but it sure sounded awesome from a distance.

Click image for larger version

Name:	thumb-0P5A0187.jpg
Views:	461
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	121786

Name:	thumb-0P5A0057.jpg
Views:	477
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	121787

Name:	20170929_172736.jpg
Views:	485
Size:	170.4 KB
ID:	121788
    Thanks RCjetdude
    so majestic

Comment

• :bluecoolProject Paperclip Hummmmmmmmm I say B-2 Stealth 80mm we will all see in a few hrs. Goose

Comment

• An interesting plane to model would be the Russian Sigma Sam 7.

Flying wing fighter with a rear gunner. Just 2 prototypes made. They kind of looked like a B-25 tail with a P-40 nose attached.
        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Hmmmm, not so sure it'd sell.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Well... got the size right Also had the people involved right. Had the flying wing right. Missed the prototype though!! ;)

Comment

• I'll be getting me one!! Looks fun.
              64mm Freewing Lippisch P.15 - Receiver Ready (PNP) - FJ11011P The Wright Brothers, Kelly Johnson, Willy Messerschmitt, Igor Sikorsky, R.J. Mitchell, Burt Rutan. Not every contributor to aviation history has enjoyed the same notoriety as these innovators, but Motion RC and Freewing are proud to celebrate the engineer Al
              ---
              Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                Well... got the size right Also had the people involved right. Had the flying wing right. Missed the prototype though!! ;)
                Yes I got most of it right--hinted of ME-163... LippischP-15 is a cross between a HE-162 and ME-163... but it kinda grow on you don't it?
                Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

• Welp, missed that guess by a mile. Interesting airplane. It’s a pass for me, but very cool to see out there.

Comment

• Novel Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe always make my knees weak. Surprisingly, I've never gotten a Komet, probably because the prop was a turnoff for me. The p.15 with an EDF... holy hell, I nearly ripped the pocket off my pants, trying to get to my wallet. LOL

I want to applaud Motion for continuing to introduce new and exciting warbirds to the market. There'll always be comments that it shudda been larger, but thank God it's not another copy of the same 5 or 6 popular warbirds, like the other companies are offering.
                    ---
                    Warbirder

Comment

• The good news is that NONE of the hints I've given in this thread pertained to Project Paperclip, so the others are still fair game. Foil, Hoot, Five Eyes, etc. Prop and a couple of jets in that mix.

I'm grateful that we're at a place where we can experiment, stretch, and shine lights where history has overlooked. The favorites will always be there in the lineup (don't forget we JUST released a big F-4), but we want to push boundaries, not sleep within in.
                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• So, Alpha, can you hint at the date that the big Do-335 will be released? :Sacred:
                        ---
                        Warbirder

Comment

• Totally knocked my socks off! What!?! Where did that come from!?! I thought, for sure, we’d see Dart, Dagger or Skyray, but instead get a toss boss Li P-16, a design that never even left the paper. UNTIL NOW!
                          What are you guys smoking? Pass it around!
                          Yes. I must have one. :Silly:

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
                            Novel Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe always make my knees weak. Surprisingly, I've never gotten a Komet, probably because the prop was a turnoff for me. The p.15 with an EDF... holy hell, I nearly ripped the pocket off my pants, trying to get to my wallet. LOL

I want to applaud Motion for continuing to introduce new and exciting warbirds to the market. There'll always be comments that it shudda been larger, but thank God it's not another copy of the same 5 or 6 popular warbirds, like the other companies are offering.
                            I'm with you all the way Oxotnik.

Alpha... Hoot and Five eyes in addition to Foil???? 2018 is going to be a good year! I know that many of us want the bigger birds, but these smaller birds with a great price, really gives the younger guys at our fields and the guys on a budget, some really fun stuff to go for. That's what can get them fired up about the hobby. Well done!:Cool: They can really be a "guilty pleasure" for us more "seasoned" guys and gals too.

Comment

• I still think we need a nice new FLRC 1500-1600mm Mosquito. The old Freewing just didn't look right and I regret selling my Parkzone as it was an awesome flyer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

I'm with you all the way Oxotnik.

Alpha... Hoot and Five eyes in addition to Foil???? 2018 is going to be a good year! I know that many of us want the bigger birds, but these smaller birds with a great price, really gives the younger guys at our fields and the guys on a budget, some really fun stuff to go for. That's what can get them fired up about the hobby. Well done!:Cool: They can really be a "guilty pleasure" for us more "seasoned" guys and gals too.
                                Yes, the 64mms are the "gateway" to larger EDFs. The fact is, new RC pilots don't start with $500 F-4s. $99 EDFs are cheap enough for those "younger guys at [all] our fields" to try and hopefully fall in love with the hobby. Otherwise, guess what, the hobby dies with us.
                                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• That would not be good...my 8 year old son Nathan was flying an Ascent Micro Twin MTx at the last TIA hangar day and he was doing quite well. I was surprised. He is definitely interested.

Comment

• Not a 106. 0 for 5...perfect record. At least my relationship record improved...1 for 3. Always facinated by the me 163 but like a previous post, a prop on one threw me off. This p-16 really works for me. It's on the way. Throw some more hints out Alpha.
                                    Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                                      Alpha... Hoot and Five eyes in addition to Foil????
                                      I'm with TJ...............Need some more details (clues) Alpha about Hoot and Five Eyes................and possibly some more on Foil.:Drooling:
                                      Warbird Charlie
                                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                        I'm grateful that we're at a place where we can experiment, stretch, and shine lights where history has overlooked. The favorites will always be there in the lineup (don't forget we JUST released a big F-4), but we want to push boundaries, not sleep within in.
                                        That attitude of pushing the envelope, in addition to awesome customer service, is in my opinion one of the biggest thing that pushes Motion ahead of all other vendors. There is always something unique, well engineered, and interesting coming in on the horizon. Without them, we’d probably mulling over the latest round of P-51s and Corsairs. Very excited to see what’s in store next.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                          Another clue for the next warbird... hmm... everyone has been so polite so I'll chip in: ATRW.

All Terrain (Within Reason).
                                          This one has me intrigued. What is the project name for this one? And I ask in the most polite way possible. :Sacred:

Comment

Working...
                                          X