Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh man, I love my little Eflite Mossie. What a great plane. Can you imagine what the folks at Motion would do with the LG and cockpit details if it were 2m. Drool....

The Freewing was 1.4m using a 4S. Maybe a 2m version would use a 6S? That is a recon bird. Maybe that is the Five Eyes project?

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx
      Not getting my hopes up anymore. I'm thinking about engaging my other hobby for a while. Blowing stuff up with my AR and tannerite. Boom boom!
      Now that's a good time! :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx
        Not getting my hopes up anymore. I'm thinking about engaging my other hobby for a while. Blowing stuff up with my AR and tannerite. Boom boom!
        HELL YEAH!!!
        Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

• I see a possible cross over in rifleman's two hobbies!

Comment

• It is against AMA policy to do boom booms from a model aircraft (but only if you are caught). Most model planes will make boom booms on there own.

Comment

• The prohibition vs launching un-controled model rockets or dropping pyrotechnics from model airplanes comes from some guy who was practicing launching scale missiles (powered by a small Estes model rocket "engine")
              He managed to launch one into dry brush, lighting it up. It caused a massive brush fire and one of the largest insurance payouts AMA has ever had.

Most of the not quite obvious rules were written due to someone doing it without benefit or thinking about the potential results.

AMA rules are not laws... but with the way Congress wrote the "recognized community organization" exemption from FAA regulation (which FAA has worked to get around in every way possible) they almost have the effect of law due to being the requirements to not have to 100% follow some of the FAA restrictions on model aviation in USA.

The 400 ft limit for example does not apply if you follow AMA guidelines. AMA Pattern Aerobatics competition "box" (area for flying judged maneuvers) exceeds 800 ft AGL. They simply can not do some of the maneuvers without exceeding 650 ft.
              FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• There is always "that guy" that messes it up for everyone else.... Just like at the golf course or the range, or where ever.... Sigh.........

Comment

• Next plane - would love to see the ME P1111 - I have model of this bird... and this video will make you think..
                  Roland Maier fliegt seine große Eigenbau Konstruktion aus der Messerschmiede des MBC AsslingMaßstab / Scale : 1/3Spw / Wingspan : 3.05 mLänge / Lenght : ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                    There is always "that guy" that messes it up for everyone else.... Just like at the golf course or the range, or where ever.... Sigh.........
                    In the risk-averse culture we live in these days, I'm amazed that this discussion hasn't been removed already...

Comment

• Doesn't seem to matter where you are anymore, everyone's afraid of the PC police at some level...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat View Post
                        Next plane - would love to see the ME P1111 - I have model of this bird... and this video will make you think..
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icDjfa1JZII&t=7s
                        Sweet!

Comment

• Originally posted by RickVB View Post
                          Doesn't seem to matter where you are anymore, everyone's afraid of the PC police at some level...
                          We ain't scared..... HA!!! Sad to see so many bow down to silly opinions that have no real-life experience!!! :Drinks: I love everyone, unless you give me a very good reason not to love you.... And it has to be a really good reason!!! Then, I most likely will still love you, but just not give you my beer or talk to you!!!! LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

We ain't scared..... HA!!! Sad to see so many bow down to silly opinions that have no real-life experience!!! :Drinks: I love everyone, unless you give me a very good reason not to love you.... And it has to be a really good reason!!! Then, I most likely will still love you, but just not give you my beer or talk to you!!!! LOL
                            LOL

:Cool:

Comment

• +1 Rifelman, Oorah !!!

I still think the f100 looks way cool, the M1110 looks like it would make a really cool edf

Roland Maier fliegt seine wunderschöne Me P.1110 beim Flugtag zum 50 jährigen Jubiläum des MFC Bad WörishofenSeptember 2015Model data:Maßstab / Scale: 1/3Spw...
                              rc flyin addict

Comment

• Okay, hands down a F-100 would be a winner, so would a OV-10, but, after putting the clues together, instead of taking them to mean separate aircraft I stuck them all together! And came up with the Hughes XF-11. Just sayin' Alpha!:Cool:

Comment

• Sorry, it was stated that Project Foil was an EDF so that lets out the Hughes XF-11 thought that would be neat. Very neat if they included counter-rotating props. Could be done but may cost too much. Neet idea........

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.frankenjet View Post
                                    +1 Rifelman, Oorah !!!

I still think the f100 looks way cool, the M1110 looks like it would make a really cool edf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WtVMSdQpUw
                                    THAT IS BADASS MAN!!!!

Comment

• I was trying to find the post that Foil was indeed a jet? I did see one from Alpha that of the clues there would be a prop driven A/C and two or three EDF's. But you gotta have dreams! Maybe an EC-135 or some other CIA used A/C? Porter, C-123, etc.

Comment

• Hey, what about a super scale Me-262 twin 80mm? It would be the same size as the A-10 and would look completely awesome? Any interest in that one?

Comment

• Originally posted by dutchwhite001 View Post
                                          I was trying to find the post that Foil was indeed a jet? I did see one from Alpha that of the clues there would be a prop driven A/C and two or three EDF's. But you gotta have dreams! Maybe an EC-135 or some other CIA used A/C? Porter, C-123, etc.
                                          It's way back, but Alpha did confirm Project Foil is an EDF.
                                          Pat

Comment

Working...
                                          X