Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have one here.. who knows what a Focke-Wulf Triebflügel is?

Looks bad ass but nobody is flying one.. I wonder why? :-) LoL!
    Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat View Post
      I have one here.. who knows what a Focke-Wulf Triebflügel is?

Looks bad ass but nobody is flying one.. I wonder why? :-) LoL!
      these guys really would try to think up anything, some stuff really out there
      rc flyin addict

Comment

• I wonder what kind of a gyro would you need to keep the fuse level, let alone the hook-ups for three rotating edf’s. Mindbogling!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Triebflügel must be real. It’s used in Captain America the First Avenger. LOL.

Comment

• This would be a nice new twin:

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
            Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
            Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
            I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
              Certainly would. Amazing STOL capabilities. Love the twins.

Comment

• yes that would make a cool candy dropper, holding out for a b29, or big wing yb49, or B1B to make some field drops. F100 or this messershmit would rock, do335 again just too cool

rc flyin addict

Comment

• looking forward to it :Cool:
                  rc flyin addict

Comment

• Freewing F-105 Thinderchief 64mm EDF. Is this project foil?

Comment

• No. The F-105 is Project Machat. :Cool:

Comment

• Project Foil has got to be an F-100 Super Saber. To me it is the only thing that makes sense.

Comment

• I think project "Foil" is a T-37/A-37.

Britannica's definition of a Foil: Foil, a sword with a light, flexible blade of rectangular cross section tapering to a blunt point. It was designed as a practice weapon.......

The T-37 was a light, mission flexiable aircraft with a fuselage that was primarily rectangular in cross section that tapered to a very blunt point on the nose. And yes, it was designed primarily as a training (practice) weapon.

How's that for logic?! :Confused:

Comment

• Cool. A Dragonfly would be fun. :)

Comment

• I really hope project foil is a super sabre but I would love this too

December 10, 1963 - 'To err is human, to forgive is divine; neither of which is Air Force policy.' -Unknown... The Lockheed NF-104 aerospace trainer was a modified F-104A airplane, incorporating a liquid fuel rocket engine in addition to the conventional turbojet engine. The modification was done to allow flight in regimes and under conditions not obtainable with available operational airplanes. The aircraft was used to provide space flight training at a fraction of the cost of fully rocket-powered research aircraft.
                              AMA 1102566

Comment

• F-100
                                pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeze.

Comment

• If you look up the use of the word Foil as a verb it provides an interesting answer, foil1

See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com

verb (used with object) 1.
                                  to prevent the success of; frustrate; balk:
                                  Loyal troops foiled his attempt to overthrow the government.
                                  to keep (a person) from succeeding in an enterprise, plan, etc.noun 3.
                                  Archaic. a defeat; check; repulse.

So applying this to an aircraft it could apply to a 5th generation stealth fighter for sure, so we have essentially 4 possibilities F-22, F-35, Chinese variant and the Russian variant. We can rule out the Chinese and Russian variant's as Freewing / Motion has a main focus for US aircraft so that leaves us with two potential aircraft. My bet is it will be a F-22 as this was done by Fly Fly many moons ago and was quite popular and I am sure more information is available on this compared to the F-35.

Just a case of wait and see now...

Comment

• I think most of us are really hoping foil is an F100. I accept that I may be disappointed though as that maybe too obvious for a clue. I'm not sure I'd purchase an F22, probably really depends on spec.... Motion and Freewing are pretty good at extracting my cash though! LOL

Comment

• But everybody makes an F-22 or F-35 now days, why not something different?

Comment

• I would love to see this made once more. Nicesky did theirs and it had potential to be more had the size been slightly larger.

Flight Of The Valkyrie. The North American Aviation XB-70 Valkyrie is am immense, exotic and incredibly fast supersonic bomber. Many have never seen the Valkyrie because only two models of the prototype jet were built and used for testing. So what is the history of the XB-70, the world's fastest su

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat View Post
                                          But everybody makes an F-22 or F-35 now days, why not something different?
                                          If Freewing makes it, I can assure you it will be excellent. And I can assure you I will pre-order, and that's after I said I'd be done for a while when the F4 came out.

Comment

Working...
                                          X