Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's been a while since Alpha has chimed in on any threads. I hope he's not working too hard.

Who am I kidding, I hope he's working 20-hour days getting the next release ready! :)
    Pat

Comment

• He is probably in deep thought on the next diabolical jet release.... No rest for the wicked.. "GODSMACK" or he's sipping margaritas in the Bahamas.. He's produced some unbelievable projects at a grueling pace... It's easy to burn out !!
      My Hangar inventory FW 90 mm hp F-15, FW 90 mm F-104, FW 90 mm T-45, FW 80 70mm F-5, FW 80 mm Scorpion, 70 mm V2 Z Rebel, F-8 Bearcat and a stable of T-28, white and Orange and yellow

Comment

• I don't want much. Here's my short list.

Twin Fighters - Around 1/9-1/10 scale (about 1600mm)

De Havilland DH-103 Hornet
        Focke-wulf Fw-187 Falke
        Heinkel He-219
        Mitsubishi Ki-83
        De Havilland DH-98 Mk.VI Mosquito

Twin Attack/Bombers

De Havilland DH-98 Mk.VI Mosquito
        Heinkel He-111
        Junkers Ju-88

Single Engine - 1/7 scale (about 1600mm)

Boeing F4B-4
        Curtiss P-36C

Unfortunately all the following would require their own unique landing gear. Might be able to share the F3F/F4F gear.
        Grumman F3F
        Brewster F2A
        Grumman F4F
        Focke Wulf Fw-190D-9
        Grumman F8F-2 large with scale gear.

EDF's

He-162
        F-84E
        P-80/T-33
        F9F-4/5

Did I mention we need a new large Mk.VI Mosquito!? And yes, I'd go for an OV-10 or OV-1 as well.

Comment

• WHAT???????? No Do-335 in the twins list :Confused: Good thing ya did remember the Whew:;)
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I would hate to see your long list.LOL:Cool:

Comment

• I would buy an A 26 invader the size of the tiger cat as soon as it comes out.

Comment

• Phoenix Models has one, A pair of 46’s and away you go !
                Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Hey Boomer. Where in Chicago are you and how long have you been there??

Comment

• Originally posted by Craig Dieter View Post
                    Hey Boomer. Where in Chicago are you and how long have you been there??
                    I'm on the northwest side next to Elmwood Park. Been there for 40 years.

Comment

• I was born and raised in West Chicago. Al’s Hobby Shop Elmherst, Walkers in St Charles, Stanton’s on the north side of Chicago, Squadron Shop at 64 and 83. Any of these ring a bell??

Comment

I was born and raised in West Chicago. Al’s Hobby Shop Elmherst, Walkers in St Charles, Stanton’s on the north side of Chicago, Squadron Shop at 64 and 83. Any of these ring a bell??
                        Yes all of them especially Stantons where I was always at and got started in rc in the late 70's.

Comment

• It’s too bad a REAL hobby shop does not exist much any more. If you have one in your area support it. This goes for all of us out there. I could go on but not here. Keep ‘me flying

The Yank

Comment

• Ooh, a Hornet... any love for a Westland Whirlwind?

Yank, you're right, we should always try toto support our LHS whenever possible. There are still some good ones out there with passionate and knowledgeable people. In the Southern California area, I'm partial to Smith Brothers Hobby in Van Nuys, CA and Pegasus Hobbies about an hour south. In Northern California, Sacramento's RC Country Hobbies is a must visit.
                            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I was born and raised in West Chicago. Al’s Hobby Shop Elmherst, Walkers in St Charles, Stanton’s on the north side of Chicago, Squadron Shop at 64 and 83. Any of these ring a bell??
                              A good friend of mine was the high-power rocketry guy at Al’s Hobby Shop. He now lives in Manchester, TN, and flies RC with the Tullahoma, TN, club.
                              ---
                              Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by Cws View Post
                                I would buy an A 26 invader the size of the tiger cat as soon as it comes out.
                                Welcome to Hobby Squawk!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                  Ooh, a Hornet... any love for a Westland Whirlwind?.
                                  Yes to both. esp the Hornet:)

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                    Ooh, a Hornet... any love for a Westland Whirlwind?

Yank, you're right, we should always try toto support our LHS whenever possible. There are still some good ones out there with passionate and knowledgeable people. In the Southern California area, I'm partial to Smith Brothers Hobby in Van Nuys, CA and Pegasus Hobbies about an hour south. In Northern California, Sacramento's RC Country Hobbies is a must visit.
                                    Whirlwind is on my long list..:Cool:

Up on the north side of Houston we used to have a great hobby shop that was around for about 30 years with some great folks and they were just barely hanging on. The area stabilized with the next closest shop about 10-15 miles away. Then a few years ago a young guy from way down south moves into the area and decides he's going to open a shop about 4 miles west from the long standing shop. Then a year later another young guy from way up north moves into the area and opens another shop about 5 miles north of the original. The original shop ends up folding cause you can only slice a pie so many times and still make money. The second shop almost folded but is now run by his son and caters to the RC car crowd. The third shop is still open but there's still a little animosity and none of the old camaraderie that existed with the original and the guys that worked there for so many years and they don't stock nearly as good of stuff. So, I run up to the "new" shop once in awhile if I think I can find what I want right away but have pretty much resigned myself to mail order these days.

Comment

• I still want an F-84 if EDF or Do335 if a prop twin. MiG25 for larger edf.

Comment

• The problem with our 2 main LHS’s here is that in trying to keep inventory low, they never have what I need. And not much help for edf guys. Thus, MRC is my LHS.
                                        Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

• I would like a F4J that gets more than 3 minutes Flying time. Need the next jump in batts. What an engineering opportunity for somebody.

Comment

Working...
                                          X