Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An A-4 would save me massive money, ha-ha. Thankfully, I have no interest in it. That gives me more time to save for the next large jet release (after this one), which I would assume would be Fall.

I'm still waiting for many other jets I like more that I would put money towards (better scaled F-18, F-22, F-100, SR-71, B-1, F-117, larger F-86 with the works, F-4, etc.). :Cool:

Comment

• A scooter ? Now we're talking. Still want a phantom
      Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
      Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
      I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
        An A-4 would save me massive money, ha-ha. Thankfully, I have no interest in it. That gives me more time to save for the next large jet release (after this one), which I would assume would be Fall.

I'm still waiting for many other jets I like more that I would put money towards (better scaled F-18, F-22, F-100, SR-71, B-1, F-117, larger F-86 with the works, F-4, etc.). :Cool:
        I agree. It would be a financial relief if it were the JH-7 or A-4.

Comment

• I would LOVE a 70mm or 80mm Scooter!!!!! I worked on them (Avionics) 1984-1985 as part of OJT while stationed at NAS Millington, TN. Alpha? Any time frame on an announcement, Spitfire is HERE, Avanti is HERE.... Bring IT!!!!! USMC, Semper Fi my brothers......

Comment

• Non sibi sed Patriae ! Sister company !
            Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
              A scooter ? Now we're talking. Still want a phantom
              Its official: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...A-4E-F-Skyhawk. Looks excellent, however I'll be skipping out on this one, let's me save money for future projects though. Great for all of the guys who were asking for one, looks miles better than the LX.

Comment

• Definitely good new for my wallet. Great job on the design, and highly respect it :Cool:, just nothing I would purchase for my own reasons. A solid A-4 was LONG overdue for the folks who wanted one.

Looking forward to the next jet release though! I have a feeling I'll be waiting a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                  Definitely good new for my wallet. Great job on the design, and highly respect it :Cool:, just nothing I would purchase for my own reasons. A solid A-4 was LONG overdue for the folks who wanted one.

Looking forward to the next jet release though! I have a feeling I'll be waiting a while.
                  Yep! Looking forward to the next Flightline bird as well, with this release cleared, it freed me up to order another scale heli.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                    Yep! Looking forward to the next Flightline bird as well, with this release cleared, it freed me up to order another scale heli.
                    Nice! Heli time!

Comment

• Not my cup of tea personally but I am quite sure it will be for many others out there, and the history is of course to be respected. Still holding out for a F-4, B-1, SR-71, New Gen F-18, F-22, Concorde, etc, etc...
                      My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• With project virtue dropping, is there Any news on project "Tennyson50"?

Comment

• In the end, what was the virtue connection ? Still don't get it.

At 62, I guess there's still reason to hope for a F-4 but something tells me I'll be waiting for the cows to come home. Sigh.

I like the A4, she served the Navy well as did the A7 and F4. I'll wait and see how the grass ops report comes back before ordering.

Comment

• Seems rather strange to get this announcement being made by non Motion folks. :Confused: This should have been done by Alpha :Thinking:
                            Am gonna have to pass too........nose gear appears to be not a turf friendly configuration.:(
                            Warbird Charlie
                            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                              Seems rather strange to get this announcement being made by non Motion folks. :Confused: This should have been done by Alpha :Thinking:
                              Am gonna have to pass too........nose gear appears to be not a turf friendly configuration.:(
                              To MRC's credit, it is as grass friendly as you can make an A-4, the nose gear is trailing link, as are the mains. But, unless you really shrink the gear to low-rider status, the airframe configuration just doesn't lend itself well to rough fields.You have to get your club to look at a geotex/petromat runway, Charlie! Our club here has geotex, and I think its the best of both worlds. Smooth space for landings and takeoffs, but still maintains the shock absorbing properties of grass,

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                                To MRC's credit, it is as grass friendly as you can make an A-4, the nose gear is trailing link, as are the mains. But, unless you really shrink the gear to low-rider status, the airframe configuration just doesn't lend itself well to rough fields.You have to get your club to look at a geotex/petromat runway, Charlie! Our club here has geotex, and I think its the best of both worlds. Smooth space for landings and takeoffs, but still maintains the shock absorbing properties of grass,
                                I'll never see Geo at our club. The old school gas huffers still look at me with my foam warbirds as a WTF conundrum. The majority are still living in the years of past with designs from the 50's and are happy with turf.:(
                                Warbird Charlie
                                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I'll never see Geo at our club. The old school gas huffers still look at me with my foam warbirds as a WTF conundrum. The majority are still living in the years of past with designs from the 50's and are happy with turf.:(
                                  Sounds like the Old Foggie Club at my old club. That's why I stopped going there. Short, bumpy field, perfect for their tundra tired-old gassers. They could care less about accommodating the New Gen foamies/EDFs. :Angry:
                                  My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• The one really cool thing about the A-4 is the plethora of historical paint schemes. Other than the vast assortment of USN and USMC units the Israeli's and Kiwi's have some cool schemes as well.

Comment

The majority of my club back in MN was like that. They eventually started to come around to them after a while. When they gave me crap about flying foam, I just asked them why they couldn't run props with the proper number of blades. They promptly decided to keep their mouths shut. If all else fails, there is one thing that irks the old crowd more than anything else: helicopters. And electric, scale helicopters at that. Some of the reactions were priceless. Hoping that your club members start to see the value is some of the newer foam models, Charlie, they are missing out on way more than they know. After all, you can only fly circles with a gasser kadet or telemaster so long before you want to try something different..

Comment

• We have some giant scale scratchbuilt gasser guys. Now that a few of us have flown the turbine sounding freewing edf's over the last few years, they do stop to take notice. Can't help not to.

I think they they realize their planes sound like a chain saw . They spend a fortune going for ultra scale realism then comes a let down in the sound department. We capture another dimension.

Comment

• I can live with a B-24 for sure. A new large Mosquito would also be very interesting!

Bob

Comment

Working...
                                          X