X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by davecee View Post

One of my problems is seeing these smaller aircraft. A bright color scheme definitely helps. Will the new Mirage scheme be available here in the USA?
    yes all of these and everything that releases will be in both warehouse minus things that use EU plugs like chargers, etc. But all the planes and such will always be available for everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

I have held off on getting one but I can see that is about to change! I really like Deltas... LOL
      +1 Steve. V2 is on the radar now. The only concern are the small nose wheels on my grass strip.

Comment

• I think foil = biplane = Swordfish! FL needs to venture into it’s first biplane.

Comment

• Originally posted by 8416w View Post
          I think foil = biplane = Swordfish! FL needs to venture into it’s first biplane.
          Can't be. Alpha confirmed that Foil was a Freewing EDF.
          Pat

Comment

• I'm going to make one last guess for, "foil". If I get it right I'm expecting to get something in the mail. lol. I think it might just be a, "Grumman EA-6B Prowler". From a distance it looks almost exactly like a, "Grumman A6". In fact they are two completely different planes,

Woody

PS just making sure I got my bases covered. Would love to have one of these for free.

Comment

• You have to admit, that a 1600mm string bag would be cool. Sinking a RC Bismarck would be a breeze.

Comment

• "String bag"! I haven't heard that one before, 'gave me a good chuckle. Yes, sinking an RC Bismark with a Swordfish would be a challenge.... hit the rudder in the perfect spot...
                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by tclaridge View Post
                  Alpha, tell us about the cockpit and nozzle on the Mirage. Are those 3D models that will be available to print and paint, or are they "bling" to purchase as aircraft add-ons? I persoanally would love to see Motion offer optional "do-dads" like cockpit kits, nozzles, and exhaust for scale upgrades, while it allows you to keep the base price lower for those that enjoy a good "yank and bank" without all the scale gizmos.
                  Hey there tclaridge, we'll be stocking them as factory printed sets, and also as stated in the announcement video, we'll make the files available for download for FREE. The product pages, with price, pics, and download link, should be up in the next week or so. Check the Mirage thread for more detailed pictures.

And yes, we plan on adding 3DPUPs for many aircraft in successive waves, as long as there is interest. The next one I'm drafting at the moment is the A-10 and F-16. I believe a few of the 'Cats are in the wave after that.

Comment

• Ok, I would bet the next release is a F-100 Super Sabre. Hopefully in the 90mm class. Will we ever see a Freewing product in the 105 or 120mm class?

Comment

• Originally posted by lmramos44 View Post
                      Ok, I would bet the next release is a F-100 Super Sabre. Hopefully in the 90mm class. Will we ever see a Freewing product in the 105 or 120mm class?
                      I can't completely rule out 105mm or 120mm ever happening, but it's not in our sights at this very moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

I can't completely rule out 105mm or 120mm ever happening, but it's not in our sights at this very moment.
                        Isn't that larger sizing to allow for the spacing requirements to allow the installation of a actual Jet Engine?

Woody

Comment

As the edf market matures I bet we will see the first 120mm class jet within the next 18 to 24 months. This segment of the hobby is pushing harder then others. I think we can agree the market is there. As long as the price point is correct.

Comment

• Not necessarily, Woodcock my friend. Happily, 105-120mm EDFs aren't the smallest size aircraft which a turbine can be fitted. Several 90mm EDF size jets can fit a turbine, such as a JetCat P20 in a Freewing Stinger 90, for example, or an 80mm MiG-21. Kolibri turbines have been used on even smaller aircraft.

HSD makes a couple good foam jets in the 105mm EDF size, which they also offer in turbine versions.

The "larger sizing" you mentioned is partly a holdover from the ICDF days with larger diameter fans. Of course "big jet" makers such as BVM continue those sizes now in EDF format. Schubeler, Tam, etc. Although increasingly, 90mm is a convenient sweet spot for power/performance/weight/cost.

Shipping box size is a big factor for us.

Comment

Shipping box size is a big factor for us.
                              I agree, I think model size is a factor for all of us. Some times bigger is not always better, I in fact don't like my models too big, seriously. I don't think I'll ever be a turbine guy. I think the EDF's are just fine. I still amazes me they have successfully made functioning turbines, (well sort of LOL) this small.
                              In So Cal they wont let you fly them anywhere except the most desolate flying fields. Still amazes me though.

Best Regards
                              Woody

Comment

Hey there tclaridge, we'll be stocking them as factory printed sets, and also as stated in the announcement video, we'll make the files available for download for FREE. The product pages, with price, pics, and download link, should be up in the next week or so. Check the Mirage thread for more detailed pictures.

And yes, we plan on adding 3DPUPs for many aircraft in successive waves, as long as there is interest. The next one I'm drafting at the moment is the A-10 and F-16. I believe a few of the 'Cats are in the wave after that.
                                That's really cool, awesome custom parts, thanks man !
                                rc flyin addict

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                  Yes, it's a Super Connie. Philip Noel in the UK designed it, and at one point Charlie Manzano was cutting short kits, but I had to get mine from Traplet in the UK. I was a little disappointed with the quality of the wood. Ply is warped and some of the balsa is hard. Was not expecting contrest grade stuff, but for the money I paid I was hoping for a little better. And their laser needs adjustment too. Not all of the parts, especially the ply, were cut through. Even the 1/32 ply is a pain to cut out where the laser did not burn all the way through.

However, I am making good progress. Hope to have it done and flown by end of August as I have to get it ready for a show at the end of September.

Blue Angels baby!

I think this is has to be the passenger airplane with the best lines, good luck with her.
                                  rc flyin addict

Comment

• Question for Alpha: Is there an exclusivity issue when it comes to production molds? In other words are there licensing issues when producing a product? Say like the beautiful molds XX has. (I don’t want to mention the manufacturer). There SR-71 and B-2 molds are gorgeous. Too bad they have not progressed when it comes to there components. Can you give me an insiders view on why a company would go through the process of producing beautiful models and neglect the other components that would help them compete in today’s market. I am sure they are aware of their reputation....is it as simple a fix as it appears to be? I know this may be a touchy subject, but I was involved in product R&D for years and customer input was always our first priority. Hope this question is not out of line.........just trying to get an understanding of their line of thinking.

Comment

• Fw 189 eagle owl anyone? Hoot=Owl

Comment

• Ahh everyone is talking about the great things being released when my budget is to small to count.:(

Comment

• Alpha, thanks for the response. The factory painted components look awesome. If you do this for the A-10, I am going to bling out my ship. It is already a beautiful model, and would love to put in a cockpit kit. Very exciting things are coming from Motion, so keep up the excellent work. As far as the shipping box for 105 mm to 120 mm EDF, how about two boxes? I would love a larger EDF, as they fly great, and are awesome in the air. But I understand if the market isn't there for it. Keep doing what makes you money at the awesome quality that MotionRC delivers. Every new release is like Christmas!

Comment

Working...
                                          X