Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is my guess (hope) on Project Foil.
    During the podcast announcing the Flightline B-24, Alpha, more than once, called it Lancaster instead of Liberator. Alpha announces Project Foil, and aluminum foil strips were dropped from Avro Lancaster bombers to jam German radar, and this was very effective in their night bombing raids. Most of us know this. I would open my wallet in a heartbeat for a 2000mm Lancaster.
    Alpha says it is a FreeWing Project=EDF.
    In 1952, Eleven years after the 1st flight of the Avro Lancaster, this Avro 4 engine bomber made its first flight. Now, for the 1st time ever modeled in a 2000mm, twin 80/90mm edf, PNP, FreeWing Avro Vulcan!
    One of my all time favourite airshow memories. The Iconic Vulcan Bomber XH558 flying past the famous white cliffs of Beachy Head and the lighthouse below, an...

Comment

• The 1270mm would be perfect and shouldn't be expensive to produce. They would be great in the Dynam line with the same power system as the Tigermoth or Waco.

Comment

• Soon, Mine too, Yes, Yes, Maybe, I hope so, Good idea.
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• 1600mm A1 under the Flightline name with adequate parts availability sounds like a huge winner IMO!

HSD was a good one (I had it) but lacked detail and quality in critical areas.

If done like the FL 1600mm Spit .... it would be absolutely spectacular!

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post
            In 1952, Eleven years after the 1st flight of the Avro Lancaster, this Avro 4 engine bomber made its first flight. Now, for the 1st time ever modeled in a 2000mm, twin 80/90mm edf, PNP, FreeWing Avro Vulcan!
            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GNO_WuXLNfU
            A Vulcan would be very cool. Even in twin 70mm.

Comment

• +1 on the 80mm twin Vulcan. That would be a very unique RC model. I like unique.

Comment

• B-58 Hustler.... https://vimeo.com/1641986
                Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

• +1 Vulcan, cool plane
                  rc flyin addict

Comment

• A Vulcan would really be something to see. They used to have one every year at the Abbotsford Airshow in BC. The size of that bird was just amazing and when she pointed those big jets at the crowd the ground just shook !
                    The last year before they retired them was sad as we all realized that it was the end of an era, but they put on a great farewell flight for us!

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1000.jpg
Views:	522
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	107168Click image for larger version

Name:	_D3_3757.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	107166Click image for larger version

Name:	avro_vulcan_by_hawkeye2011-d5cu8n4.jpg
Views:	462
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	107167allot of wing plus a bomb bay, might make a good dual edf of you can get big enough wheels on it
                      rc flyin addict

Comment

• Here's a look at the last Vulcan in storage right now.....
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	3CBA6DB400000578-4181656-image-a-69_1485980415820.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	107172Click image for larger version

Name:	3CBA723100000578-4181656-image-a-77_1485980444064.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	198.5 KB
ID:	107173Click image for larger version

Name:	3CBA6EE200000578-4181656-image-a-74_1485980436368.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	193.0 KB
ID:	107174Click image for larger version

Name:	3CBA6E3500000578-4181656-image-a-71_1485980418954.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	221.6 KB
ID:	107175
                        Quite the airplane and I bet it would translate well into R/C

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Horton wing would be cool but with zero tail likely would be a handful Click image for larger version

Name:	ggho9-2.jpg
Views:	568
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	107177
                          rc flyin addict

Comment

• that Vulcan has some beautiful lines :Cool:
                            rc flyin addict

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                              Here's a look at the last Vulcan in storage right now.....Quite the airplane and I bet it would translate well into R/C

Grossman56
                              Would have to go with much larger than scale wheels for us grass guys. But, when they are up, who cares. The lines are awesome.

Comment

• I’d like to see a Flightline 2000mm Avro Lancaster, another epo pnp 1st, just think it may outsell the B-24. I found this, a Lanc, Vulcan and Victor, enjoy.
                                (PART THREE OF THREE)PLEASE LIKE US ON FACEBOOK AND SUBSCRIBE TO OUR CHANNEL TBOBBORAP1 AND FOLLOW US ON TWITTER NOW AND KEEP UP TO DATE AND WATCH OUR HD QUA...

Comment

• time for a really cool 4 engine bomber ? no one doing this, so sweet :) Click image for larger version

Name:	1_fs.jpg
Views:	470
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	107247
                                  rc flyin addict

Comment

• I would like an opinion from the group, and maybe provide feedback to Alpha. I noticed there are no WWI planes!?! I think they must not sell very well. Hangar 9 sold two great models, but they are discontinued. I got the 1/6 scale Sopwith Camel, and it is a wonderful model! I put the sound system in it, with LEDs in the machine guns. It is very exciting to strafe the runway with guns blazing!

So why don't we have a big WWI plane? We now have wing plugs for easy removal and transport. Flying wires are a pain, but there are many models that don't have them, or there can be an easy attach method for transport and storage.

So is there any interest in a big foamie super scale WWI? I have attached my ELECTRIC Sopwith with sound system.

What say you?

Comment

• I love the WW1 aircraft. I don’t think the design translates to EPO foam, mainly due to the short nose most of them have. About the only ones that don’t require a 2 pound prop nut to balance would be the Albatross and S.E.5.

Comment

• I too would love to see more love for WWI aircraft. Something about those genesis warbirds tugs at my heart strings. And mr.frankenjet that B-29 looks amazing!
                                        My YouTube RC videos:
                                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• yes a biplane is a must for any collection, why not a camel ? I can just see this guy coming strait at you, 2000- 4 engine set up looks to be ready :o) Click image for larger version

Name:	B-29 BillCrump.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	107285
                                          rc flyin addict

Comment

Working...
                                          X