X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another OV-10 glamor shot...

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8805.JPG Views:	1 Size:	184.0 KB ID:	107552
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Coolio... ja ja, thats the money shot!

Comment

• It’s been so quiet, RCJetdude, I think my prediction of Project Foil being a Vulcan must be right. Alpha, give us a “sounds like” clue!

Comment

• Alpha, how about announcing Project Bucking Horse! :Smug:

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post
            Alpha, how about announcing Project Bucking Horse! :Smug:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	drummer-smiley-emoticon.gif
Views:	230
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	107588 :ov10 Click image for larger version

Views:	226
ID:	107589 :ov10 Click image for larger version

Views:	218
ID:	107590 :ov10 :)

Thanx for getting me jazz'd Boots LOL
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• If all goes according to Hoyle, the next edf will be a 80mm F/A-18. Why? FMS just introduced their 70mm version. Think Tigercat, Avanti, Hawk, A-10, Yak-130, etc. Tit for Tat .
              Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
              Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
              I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• I'm trying to think along the lines of A-4, F-8, B-24, F-105, F-4 LOL

Comment

• I still think it may be a North American F-100 Super Saber. A sword or saber can also called a “foil” for fencing. Just a thought.......

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                    I'm trying to think along the lines of A-4, F-8, B-24, F-105, F-4 LOL
                    We've been foiled before so maybe its in the works
                    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.frankenjet View Post
                      Horton wing would be cool but with zero tail likely would be a handful Click image for larger version

Name:	ggho9-2.jpg
Views:	568
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	107177
                      Dude it would fly just fine without the tail- I own a B-2 and it works great...
                      Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post
                        It’s been so quiet, RCJetdude, I think my prediction of Project Foil being a Vulcan must be right. Alpha, give us a “sounds like” clue!
                        VULCAN would be awesome... XB-70 would be good, B-1 would be good - a B-58 would be awesome but unlikely.
                        Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post

We've been foiled before so maybe its in the works

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                          I'm trying to think along the lines of A-4, F-8, B-24, F-105, F-4 LOL
                          +1 !!! But let me get the Liberator in the air first, will ya ? LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx
                            As much as I love the edfs, they just look so cool... I just wish they could be as efficient as prop planes. It's like as soon as I get into the groove it's time to land. That's the only thing that keeps me away, other guys at my field have them, I just hope someone can keep updating the technology so at some point we can see times close to 8-10 minutes.
                            After 3-4 minutes of EDF flying I am usually ready to land...LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx
                              As much as I love the edfs, they just look so cool... I just wish they could be as efficient as prop planes. It's like as soon as I get into the groove it's time to land. That's the only thing that keeps me away, other guys at my field have them, I just hope someone can keep updating the technology so at some point we can see times close to 8-10 minutes.
                              That would depend on the type of EDF you are referring. My Tech One Neptune EDF w/2200mah batts will easily do 12min w/power & gliding. And they're quite inexpensive & very rugged. Radar speed with mine in a downwind dive into level flight at 85mph. It also can handle 20mph winds. Lotsa fun.....

Denny

*** \"A man\'s word is his honor....without honor there is nothing.\" ***
                              *** I have no hesitation to kill nor reservation to die for the Flag & Constitution of the USA. ***

Comment

• Getting 4.5 min from the BAe Hawk w/ Admiral 5000 pedal to the metal

Comment

• Sure would like to see MRC do some investigating onto some of the classic airplanes. There's enough warbirds & jets already. How about some 1600-2000mm planes like the Lockheed Vega? A Beech Super 18? A Westland Lysander? The Ryan NYP= Spirit of St. Louis? A 1400mm+ SE5A? or a couple other WW1 bipes? A V-Tail Beech Bonanza? These are the kinds of planes that don't have issues with grass fields.

Denny
                                  *** \"A man\'s word is his honor....without honor there is nothing.\" ***
                                  *** I have no hesitation to kill nor reservation to die for the Flag & Constitution of the USA. ***

Comment

• There’s a few I can push to the coveted 5 min mark but only a few. Hopefully, there are some chemical engineers working on the next battery chemistry. Wasn’t that long ago when lipo replaced nicad. Most of the foam edf’s today would not be able to fly on nicads. Just not enough goo and way too heavy.

So, thanks to the lipo developers for enabling and supporting our addiction. I’m hopeful there’s a game changer coming.

Comment

• There was an interesting article in the latest edition of Model Airplane News about a new battery technology being developed. Very interesting read but still a ways off.

Comment

• They are constantly refining the LiPo. 3S 2000 size packs are much smaller, lighter and can deliver higher current than when I got my first LiPos appx 10 years ago. And the price has dropped significantly.

ESCs are also getting better (mostly the firmware) Its not long since Castle released a firmware update (that works on 6+ yr old ESCs) that significantly increases the ESC's ability to drive the motors to higher rpm with lower heat produced in the ESC. More actual useful power from the motor for the same watts.
                                        (That Castlelink thingy is well worth having)
                                        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                          There was an interesting article in the latest edition of Model Airplane News about a new battery technology being developed. Very interesting read but still a ways off.
                                          I read that also and yes it sounded like they were a ways away from having something usable but also sounded promising. The article seemed to give the impression that the future batteries might be smaller lighter more stable(less flammable) and have considerably more capacity.
                                          Last edited by farmflyer; Dec 13, 2017, 10:10 AM. Reason: Added information

Comment

Working...
                                          X