Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still in the works. Project Bond (F-4) just sneaked in ahead of it. ;)
    Pat

Comment

• It has not been released yet.

Comment

• And, if I’m not mistaken, Project Foil is a FreeWing jet. That’s the only clue?

Comment

• You are correct. Speculation is that it could be an F-100 Super Saber.

Comment

• I wonder if FreeWing is considering moving to a 100+ mm EDF? A 110mm or 120mm on 12S would rock the hobby world.

Comment

• I think they've said in the past that the economies of scale don't support them going to anything over 90mm. Probably why the HSD 105mm F-16 is almost a grand, and what has kept me from getting one.
              Pat

Comment

• Yes cost becomes prohibitive in a heartbeat. We are already at the ceiling with these gorgeous scale jets we've been coming out with. You get into the $600+ margins and sales would drop off lightning fast. Affordability is a huge factor for us.

I LOVE my HSD F-16 jet but I fly it so nervous all the time because it costs so darn much!
                My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• My A-10 in the most expensive plane I have and my first several flights were nerve wracking thinging about the amount of money in the air. $600 for the plane and $220 for the batteries, that's a lot of money to drill into the ground like a fence post. I found that I started enjoying the plane more once I stopped thinking of the money involved.

Comment

• The way I look at it for my RC planes is that any RC aircraft that I send into the air has many potential variables working against it and any number of those variables could bring it down. Regardless of cost (obviously factors in though, ha-ha), if I send it up, I have to be willing to be comfortable knowing that it could be it’s last flight.

Comment

• So very true. We are all a TX/RX/ESC/LiPo glitch away from misery. And that misery exponentially increases with the investment involved. Beyond cost, a jet like the HSD F-16 is big and heavy and I fly in a place with buildings, pavement, light poles, tall trees and so forth. So the pucker factor is two-fold for me. T-CAT you're right though, you have to be comfortable (enough) knowing that anytime you take your precious aircraft into the air it could be its last flight. It's the risk we take in the hobby because it's oh so worth it!

LOL
                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Yeah, I was very bummed when my A-10 crashed a couple weekends ago. It's also the most I've spent on a single plane. And I lost both batteries in the crash. But my replacement just showed up today, so I'm a happy camper again!
                        Pat

Comment

• Woohoo, cooking with bacon again!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                            So very true. We are all a TX/RX/ESC/LiPo glitch away from misery. And that misery exponentially increases with the investment involved. Beyond cost, a jet like the HSD F-16 is big and heavy and I fly in a place with buildings, pavement, light poles, tall trees and so forth. So the pucker factor is two-fold for me. T-CAT you're right though, you have to be comfortable (enough) knowing that anytime you take your precious aircraft into the air it could be its last flight. It's the risk we take in the hobby because it's oh so worth it!

LOL
                            Totally worth it! Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                              Yeah, I was very bummed when my A-10 crashed a couple weekends ago. It's also the most I've spent on a single plane. And I lost both batteries in the crash. But my replacement just showed up today, so I'm a happy camper again!
                              Ah man sorry to hear that! What happened?
                              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Loss of signal and spiraled in. I think I may have found the cause tonight. I purchased a CC20 UBEC to replace the stock UBEC as I was suspicious it may have been going bad. When I pulled the pins out of the EC5 plug that has the UBEC soldered to it, I noticed they were very black. I'm thinking now that I was having intermittent power through that plug, causing the UBEC to stop sending power to the RX. I've got spare pins in my parts box and will be swapping them out.
                                Pat

Comment

• sorry about the loss, just takes 1 thing to go wrong, crashing never feels good. I think the challenge and failure possibility's are a few of the things that keep the excitement level high, helps to keep the addiction going . Routine stuff gets boring, I have 1 car, never take it out.
                                  rc flyin addict

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx
                                    That's a scary thought... are those true eflite plugs? If they are I'm gonna keep a really close eye on my CZ T28...:(
                                    The A-10 comes with EC5s.

Pat

Comment

• do you have a pic of the failed one ? Using these on some of my higher powered stuff :Confused:
                                      rc flyin addict

Comment

• Ya, I get that go bigger is more expensive. I will settle for the 2m OV-10 and another big twin 80/90 EDF then.

Comment

• Do-335!!!
                                          !!! Click image for larger version

Name:	91CD2F69-A288-4A4F-ABBD-50BC167B21A7.png
Views:	410
Size:	519.2 KB
ID:	119712
                                          ---
                                          Warbirder

Comment

Working...
                                          X