Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe we can come at this from another angle. Lets try to get into the mind of alpha( i picture it as wonderous as wonkaland..gene wilder version of course). Can someone with more time and a MUCH better memory compile the previous projects and their clues? We know he likes to teach..i had no idea about 5 eyes. Facinating. So my guess so far on project five eyes is intelligence/recon,finicky...U2 could easily be described as finicky. A lot of history with the U2.
    Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

• I would love to see a new U2 on the market, Phase 3 had theirs years ago- which I still own and have been thinking about replacing the power plant with a newer 12 blade design and maybe a rudder mod coming since I found my small micro servos after cleaning up.
      Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

• Hoot = Fast
        Foil = Faster
        Five Eyes = Finicky

ATRW... sorry, y'all will never guess that one, ever.

Quasi-relevant reading:

Hoot = "High Flight" by John Magee
        Foil = "Ozymandias" by Percy Shelley
        Five Eyes = "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost

Well, it seems my last post has received attention from Alpha. And, it starts to make sense now. So Hoot raced at Reno(Fast), Foil(Faster) could mean Sabre(F-100), Five Eyes(Finicky?) could mean a number of aircraft that could eat your lunch for you. Any WWI aircraft would fit this bill. My truck on a cold morning could fit this bill. But somehow this reminds me of a comment made about an aircraft I was getting checked out in a number of years ago. The Stearman. My instructor had an answer for me about what kinda aircraft the Stearman was, he said "Finicky". But my Dad told me the U-2 was very Finicky to fly. Not one to wrestle with. It had a real critical flight envelope. ATRW could mean the Flying Jeep. I digress....

Comment

• Originally posted by Porkster View Post
          Oh no cancel that Mosquito ! Just checked and it’s been done already! LOL
          The Mossie has been done but I could see MRC and Flightline doing this in, say, the 16-1700mm size! I don’t believe it’s ever been available in foam!

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post

The Mossie has been done but I could see MRC and Flightline doing this in, say, the 16-1700mm size! I don’t believe it’s ever been available in foam!
            Freewing did a 1400 size but it's discontinued now
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Freewing did a 1400 size but it's discontinued now
              Oh. Never mind. :Loser:

Comment

• A 1600 size Mossie with the "Alpha Touch" would be most welcome. My PZ Mossie has several hundred flights on it and is looking rather battle worn. Could really use a new one from Flightline. Yes, I know....."after the OV-10".:Cool:

Comment

Oh. Never mind. :Loser:
                  Not so fast.. The Freewing Mosquito was around several years B.M. (Before Motion).. It had a lot of scale issues, and is nowhere near the Flightline scale fidelity we expect now. Wing shape was off, nacelles too long, several other issues. I think a fresh, accurate Mossie would be welcomed by many. As would a redo of their F-35, which is about the same age.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                    Yes, I know....."after the OV-10".:Cool:
                    :Hug: to you and :Hug: for Boots and :Hug: for Alpha :)
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by bill34207 View Post
                      There is a definite desire out there for a LARGE foam OV-10. Ran across this thread on RC Groups this morning. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...e-OV-10-Bronco
                      From my initial, nah not really my thing, I'm beginning to come around to the OV-10 now! I'm really starting to like it especially in the fire scheme i've seen. You can chalk me up as another follower :Cool::ov10

Comment

• I'm all over a OV-10 :ov10 Super Scale... Also, I think me and Charlie are the only folks not on Facebook!!! LOL I have an account, but it is very inactive! :Cool: And a nice Cessna 02 would be fun as well (BAT 21)... since we are wishing...

Comment

Freewing had a 1400mm Mosquito but it's discontinued now. I bought one from MRC when they were discontinued. I had a buddy put it togethger for me (I still have 8 planes to get assembled) and I'll be doing the maiden this spring.

I would like to see Flightline do one n the 1600mm size. They already have good power plants with the P-38 and Tigercat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                            I'm all over a OV-10 :ov10 Super Scale... Also, I think me and Charlie are the only folks not on Facebook!!! LOL I have an account, but it is very inactive! :Cool: And a nice Cessna 02 would be fun as well (BAT 21)... since we are wishing...
                            I could go for a Cessna 337 also but the retracting main gear would add to the cost.

Comment

• Charlie, I know the Mosquito 1400 is discontinued, but the picture I posted is of the Hornet. FreeWing didn’t make a Hornet did they?

Comment

Charlie, I know the Mosquito 1400 is discontinued, but the picture I posted is of the Hornet. FreeWing didn’t make a Hornet did they?
                                LOL You and your tomfoolery with pics...........didn't even look at it initially cause I read Mosquito. Even after looking had to go look up the difference.
                                And to answer your question..........Nope, FW didn't do a Hornet.

Click image for larger version  Name:	avmoss_3_02.png Views:	1 Size:	8.5 KB ID:	122420
                                Warbird Charlie

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

Not so fast.. The Freewing Mosquito was around several years B.M. (Before Motion).. It had a lot of scale issues, and is nowhere near the Flightline scale fidelity we expect now. Wing shape was off, nacelles too long, several other issues. I think a fresh, accurate Mossie would be welcomed by many. As would a redo of their F-35, which is about the same age.
                                  Totally agree, I have one of the Freewing missies, it was a minor nightmare to build(RC informer to the rescue). Very small battery bay results in short flight times. Does look nice in flight and has rugged landing gear which is great on our grass field. A FL quality Mossie would be outstanding, got my cash ready.
                                  love the Mossie and twins.

Comment

• So here goes, again: Hoot= Spitfire MkV. Foil= HA-300. Five Eyes=not a jet aircraft. And finally ATRW= E.E. Canberra.
                                    My brain hurts. I'm going back to building my second Tigercat.

Comment

• dutchwhite001, normally I don't comment on guesses until after a Project is officially announced, but I will say that one of your guesses is not far off the mark. Also, one of your guesses couldn't be further from the mark.

Apologies for the brain sprain. :)
                                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Alpha, that's just plain mean... :Silly::Confused:

Comment

• Originally posted by dutchwhite001 View Post
                                          So here goes, again: Hoot= Spitfire MkV. Foil= HA-300. Five Eyes=not a jet aircraft. And finally ATRW= E.E. Canberra.
                                          My brain hurts. I'm going back to building my second Tigercat.
                                          For sure, 100%, not a Spitfire!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X