Clear All

• Originally posted by RickVB View Post
    Alpha, that's just plain mean... :Silly::Confused:
    He's diabolical:devious
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
      dutchwhite001, normally I don't comment on guesses until after a Project is officially announced, but I will say that one of your guesses is not far off the mark. Also, one of your guesses couldn't be further from the mark.

Apologies for the brain sprain. :)
      spitfire most likely furthest from the mark and five eyes is not a jet?

Comment

• Hey, I am really digging the possibility of Five Eyes being an SR-71 (twin 80mm??) or a U2 in 80 or 90 mm. The U2 presents the problem of wing tip pogo landing gear that falls off on TO. So I am ruling out a big U2, but a 64mm toss & fly would be a cool release. But hey, a big freakin exciting super duper scale SR-71?!? That would be awesome. Oh ya, and the twin Bronco 2m, but I don't know how that fits in the clues.

Comment

• My Freewing 80/90mm A-10 came in today. So, I couldn’t care less about new offerings at the moment... :-)

Now, if it was a possibility that a Do-335 was mixed up in this convoluted story, then my attitude would most certainly change.

This evening, though, I’ll be warthogging!!! :)
          ---
          Warbirder

Comment

• Yes!!!!!! Now to sit down with Big Blue and determine which one was correct and which was 180 out. I just threw in the HA-300 for giggles, but it does come back to Ramses II(Egypt). See where I went with that? Thanks Alpha! Now off to brew another pot of coffee and decipher Alpha's latest clue.....

Comment

• Hey wait a minute Alpha.....could it be a Meteor or a E.E. Lightning? Personally, those would make cool EDF's. Ya got the DH covered, all the other early jets. Just sayin'. Coffee, more coffee STAT!

Comment

• HE-162 Salamander would be a good one from the early jets
                Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

• The Ultimate collection would be the following:
                  DO-335
                  HE-111
                  HE-162 Salamander
                  HO-229
                  Douglas F4D Skyraider
                  F-106 Delta Dart
                  B-58 Hustler (doubt anybody would bother except scratch builders)
                  F-111 Raven - which would be easy to do... and Five eyes it would be ;-)
                  Maybe a Mig-25 Foxbat
                  XB-70 Valkyrie - HELL YES!
                  YF-23 Black Widow...
                  Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

• Could five eye be a F117?

Comment

• It does not matter what you guys thin I still think Project Foil is an F-100 Super Saber. If they do an HO-229 in the future that would be AWSOME!!!! I would be on that in a heart beat.......

Comment

• I'm with you thinking that Foil is an F-100.

Comment

• Did Alpha say “Foil” is a USAF airplane? Maybe it’s an English Electric Lightning? MiG-25 maybe?

Comment

• I am not into EDFs but will have a stab:-
                            - Hoot = Mig15, only because “Hoot Gibsen has flown it and it is relatively fast
                            - Foil = F100 based on Sabre analogy and it is faster than a Mig15
                            - Five Eyes = DH98 PR Mk34 as it had five cameras fitted for photo reconnaissance
                            ​​​​​​- ATRW = Westland Lysander based on all types of locations it landed and took off from to deliver and pick up precious cargo

Comment

• You know, the Lysander would be a good choice! It's about as all terrain as you can get. I have both the phoenix ones. They both fly great and can really float. And, true to scale, they can land short. Alpha hasn't sneezed about the F-100 yet, and there have been a lot of posts talking about it. You would think if it was correct he might have said something? Or, he's very cunning. The Five Eyes thing same, lots of posts about lots of choices but nothing from Alpha. I went the round about way through his last post about the reading material. Hence the Spitfire and even the HA-300. I came up with the fork in the road, one side being less traveled, maybe means not a jet at all? But then my brain was tired. Whatever the heck they are going to be...lets face it, a lot of us are going to buy them. Keep 'em coming Alpha, I'm spending my inheritance. I got time. And I'm currently logging the back 47, so the runway will be glorious! Besides, trees like to eat airplanes.

Comment

• Originally posted by dutchwhite001 View Post
                                You know, the Lysander would be a good choice! It's about as all terrain as you can get. I have both the phoenix ones. They both fly great and can really float. And, true to scale, they can land short. Alpha hasn't sneezed about the F-100 yet, and there have been a lot of posts talking about it. You would think if it was correct he might have said something? Or, he's very cunning. The Five Eyes thing same, lots of posts about lots of choices but nothing from Alpha. I went the round about way through his last post about the reading material. Hence the Spitfire and even the HA-300. I came up with the fork in the road, one side being less traveled, maybe means not a jet at all? But then my brain was tired. Whatever the heck they are going to be...lets face it, a lot of us are going to buy them. Keep 'em coming Alpha, I'm spending my inheritance. I got time. And I'm currently logging the back 47, so the runway will be glorious! Besides, trees like to eat airplanes.
                                Agree,
                                i took the road less traveled for the DH98 being a high speed bomber without any armaments out side of the normal expectation at the time along with the the directive from the then British minister for aircraft productions request to stop work on the DH98 during the battle for Dunkirk, thankfully the air vice-marshal ignored it and we had the DH98.
                                all that are released by FL and “Alpha” will be great products based on my P38 and F7F.

Comment

• I don't think Five Eyes would be the F-117 because that is a tactical strike bomber. Not used for recon. The U-2 or SR71 would be a better fit for that guess. But a twin 80mm F117? Oh yaaaaa.

Comment

• Here is one that puzzles me: Why don't we have some 2m prop warbirds from Motion? Bronco, tri-color Corsair, etc? Is 1.6m as big as they can go for marketing? I really wanted the Carbon-Z T-28 because of the size and detail, but, not a T-28. Great flying plane though. With the success of the big A-10, I thought this was the direction things were going. I am holding out hope.

Comment

• Originally posted by tclaridge View Post
                                      Here is one that puzzles me: Why don't we have some 2m prop warbirds from Motion? Bronco, tri-color Corsair, etc? Is 1.6m as big as they can go for marketing? I really wanted the Carbon-Z T-28 because of the size and detail, but, not a T-28. Great flying plane though. With the success of the big A-10, I thought this was the direction things were going. I am holding out hope.
                                      We can always hope!

Comment

• I'm hoping Five Eyes is an 80mm RA-5 Vigilante, or RF-101 Voodoo. Or even a 3D conversion Kit to make the new F-4 into an RF-4

Comment

• Originally posted by Porkster View Post

We can always hope!
                                          Yes
                                          a 2m DH98 would be awesome
                                          bring on more Twins

Comment

Working...
                                          X