Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if FOIL is the first FW “airliner”, as in Rockwell T-39 Sabreliner?

Comment

• Our Admiral PNP Helo project is not any of the project names I've given out thus far. 'Couldn't risk someone actually guessing correctly.

So, Project Foil is still in play, as is Hoot, and Five Eyes, and Trident, and Wolves.

Remember, the game isn't to state which planes you want. The game is to connect an aircraft to the project name, and why. Winner wins a free copy of that plane. :)
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
        Our Admiral PNP Helo project is not any of the project names I've given out thus far. 'Couldn't risk someone actually guessing correctly.

So, Project Foil is still in play, as is Hoot, and Five Eyes, and Trident, and Wolves.

Remember, the game isn't to state which planes you want. The game is to connect an aircraft to the project name, and why. Winner wins a free copy of that plane. :)
        Free plane? uhhh, can I guess? ;)

Comment

• Well "Hoot" has got to be the F4J version as in Lt. Cmdr. Hoot Gibson ?
          Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
          Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
          I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by MotionJB

We announce something we were going to show at Joe Nall here...well 2 things.
            The scale helis look awesome! Fiberglass fuselages, retracts, all in a PNP 450 helo is a lot of value. An excellent jumping off point for pilots who have always wanted to get into scale birds. Also the perfect platform for some custom painting and detailing!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
              Our Admiral PNP Helo project is not any of the project names I've given out thus far. 'Couldn't risk someone actually guessing correctly.

;) Thanx for reinforcing the premise of this thread Alpha. I've mentioned that several times to try and keep the thread on track and still folks just want to sling names at the wall.
              Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

The scale helis look awesome! Fiberglass fuselages, retracts, all in a PNP 450 helo is a lot of value. An excellent jumping off point for pilots who have always wanted to get into scale birds. Also the perfect platform for some custom painting and detailing!
                +1 They really are quite cool. I would loved to have seen the 'Little Bird' but somehow it flew the coup in transit. LOL They seemed to be very well made. The fuselages we're strong and mechanics solid with a good amount of Carbon Fiber in them. I could tell my heli piloting skills were a bit rusty but they flew good.

Comment

• Since we're on the subject of the new HobbyKing Hercules C130 I thought I would take a stab at this game.
                  Because I would love to have me a big ol' Herc, and the Avios model seems like it sure is pretty sweet, but if Motion RC is working on one I just know it will be the Bee's Knees. :bluelove So let's see....

hmmm...

The new C103J "Super Hercules", which is the latest and greatest in this line, has a variant made for "aerial denial" - translate that as "rain whoop-ass on some damn punks". The variation is called the "Hercules Airborne Weapons Kit" or HAWK.

So my guess is that "Project Hawk" is a 2000mm C-130 Gunship from Freewing! Oh please, please, please.....

From Wikipedia: (Gotta love this quote "can deliver ground support fire... in scenarios where precision is not a requisite."!!!

Further information: Harvest HAWK

A KC-130J showing the AN/AAQ-30 Targeting Sight and AGM-114 Hellfires on the left wing in Afghanistan, 2011

With the addition of the Marine Corps's ISR / Weapon Mission Kit, the KC-130J tanker variant will be able to serve as an overwatch aircraft and can deliver ground support fire in the form of Hellfire or Griffin missiles, precision-guided bombs, and eventually 30mm cannon fire in a later upgrade.[12] This capability, designated as "Harvest HAWK" (Hercules Airborne Weapons Kit), can be used in scenarios where precision is not a requisite, such as area denial.[13] The aircraft retains its original capabilities in refueling and transportation. The entire system can be removed within a day if necessary.[14]
                  Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Back in December, if I remember correctly, I guessed Project Foil is an F-100 Super Saber and I am sticking with that guess. Just hope they announce Foil SOON!!! I need a good EDF plane, just hope it’s in Thunderbird colors. I have documentation on there planes.

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
                      Since we're on the subject of the new HobbyKing Hercules C130 I thought I would take a stab at this game.
                      Because I would love to have me a big ol' Herc, and the Avios model seems like it sure is pretty sweet, but if Motion RC is working on one I just know it will be the Bee's Knees. :bluelove So let's see....

hmmm...

The new C103J "Super Hercules", which is the latest and greatest in this line, has a variant made for "aerial denial" - translate that as "rain whoop-ass on some damn punks". The variation is called the "Hercules Airborne Weapons Kit" or HAWK.

So my guess is that "Project Hawk" is a 2000mm C-130 Gunship from Freewing! Oh please, please, please.....

From Wikipedia: (Gotta love this quote "can deliver ground support fire... in scenarios where precision is not a requisite."!!!

A KC-130J showing the AN/AAQ-30 Targeting Sight and AGM-114 Hellfires on the left wing in Afghanistan, 2011

With the addition of the Marine Corps's ISR / Weapon Mission Kit, the KC-130J tanker variant will be able to serve as an overwatch aircraft and can deliver ground support fire in the form of Hellfire or Griffin missiles, precision-guided bombs, and eventually 30mm cannon fire in a later upgrade.[12] This capability, designated as "Harvest HAWK" (Hercules Airborne Weapons Kit), can be used in scenarios where precision is not a requisite, such as area denial.[13] The aircraft retains its original capabilities in refueling and transportation. The entire system can be removed within a day if necessary.[14]
                      I like your thinking TMD...

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
                        Since we're on the subject of the new HobbyKing Hercules C130 I thought I would take a stab at this game.

hmmm...

As much as I like the folks and am a fan of MRC, I think not. My reasoning is simple. If MRC had a C-130 of any verity in the works, they would probably be more interested in us purchasing their planes, and probably wouldn't want us to go for the HK version. Call me silly, but I think if they had anything coming, anytime soon, they would release the news in the hopes we would wait for their plane, (I know I would, wouldn't you). So, "I" for one don't think it will be a C-130. I think they got caught a little flat footed on this one, I know I was.

I think it's going to be the Super Saber, lol if any cares about my silly ole opinion.

The group think phenomena sucks, but is real, and probably why no one has made a nice C-130 until now. I'm pretty confident if Flightline or Freewing made it would certainly be much better. At least one would think.

The Lockheed Super Constellation is probably the most iconic airliner of all time! Yet where is it? LOL

The Boeing 737, well it's been around almost as long as the C-130. Where is it in our RC catalogs? Almost any nice airliner PNP is an Airbus. Where the heck is our US representation? There is some guy named, "Remy RC" that's scratch building them. To be frank war birds have been beaten to death. I like em, but they're are lots and lots of other cool planes out there.

I think it's a Super Saber.

Woody

Comment

• Demondriver makes some really nice scratchbuilt airliners, the seven three being one of many. 737-300, 737-400, 737 max. Awesome .

I think foil is not a Saber as in fencing foil leading us to think F-100 rather it’s Sabre as in cat. Thus, a Sabreliner. Ha

He’s good at throwing us off the trail .
                          Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

• I still maintain FOIL as an adversary, and I'd say the most feared adversary before the Iron Curtain fell was the MiG-29. Even in Tom Clancy's book Red Storm rising it was shown as the ultimate 4th gen fighter and even after the Iron Curtain fell there were some surprises for the pilots who fought against it in dogfights (the Atoll missile with its rudimentary look-to-shoot capability) that our fighters lacked until we learned about that tech.

Of course, the Cloud Atlas hint could apply how it evolved into the MiG-29 OVT and the MiG-35, both highly capable fighters in theory.

Let's hope those guesses are correct, and given the time Alpha is waiting it makes me think of a twin 80 jet as the next release, here's to hoping it's the amazing MiG-29! :D

Comment

• I am sticking with my previous thoughts that five eyes is a DH98 Mosquito PR Mk34/34A as these versions were fitted with five cameras for long range high speed reconnaissance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Symes View Post
                                I am sticking with my previous thoughts that five eyes is a DH98 Mosquito PR Mk34/34A as these versions were fitted with five cameras for long range high speed reconnaissance.
                                Hopefully Alpha can hint it's a warbird, and we are overdue for a revamped Mosquito. Decent flier but imagine one with the MRC super scale treatment! :)

Comment

• I know what it is! Can I say?? Ah crap. I suppose I have somewhat of an advantage. ;)
                                  My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Please let it be a F-22! You know I’ve been asking for one in a large size for a longggggggggg time :)LOL. If so, I’’ll be like :Scared::Drooling::Whew::Smug::Party:. Alpha, ya sly dog, don’t play with my feelings. LOL

Comment

• Woody,

I agree a Connie would be outstanding. Maybe even with simulated flames coming out of the engines. Flightline possibility.

A B-1 Lancer would be very cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                                        Woody,

I agree a Connie would be outstanding. Maybe even with simulated flames coming out of the engines. Flightline possibility.

A B-1 Lancer would be very cool.
                                        I agree a B-1 would be really awesome.

Woody

Comment

Working...
                                        X