Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's slow going (haven't worked with wood in a long time), but I'll get there. And yes that's a 6' table, and the fuse hangs off both ends. It has an 88" wingspan.
    Pat

Comment

• Pat,

So what is it?

Hawk
      Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
      Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
      I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
        It's slow going (haven't worked with wood in a long time), but I'll get there. And yes that's a 6' table, and the fuse hangs off both ends. It has an 88" wingspan.
        Looks like it could be a Connie?

Comment

It's slow going (haven't worked with wood in a long time), but I'll get there. And yes that's a 6' table, and the fuse hangs off both ends. It has an 88" wingspan.
          Looks Beautiful man. Looks like a long road ahead. Good luck to you mate.

Woody

Comment

• Hey CRX. If that is indeed a Connie, as it looks to be, check out a guy by the name of Pat Tritle at Pats Custom Models. He designed one and has a vey unique way of doing the tri-tail set up that works on one servo. Also, nice to see SOMEONE out there likes to build besides me. I like wood.

Comment

• Yes, it's a Super Connie. Philip Noel in the UK designed it, and at one point Charlie Manzano was cutting short kits, but I had to get mine from Traplet in the UK. I was a little disappointed with the quality of the wood. Ply is warped and some of the balsa is hard. Was not expecting contrest grade stuff, but for the money I paid I was hoping for a little better. And their laser needs adjustment too. Not all of the parts, especially the ply, were cut through. Even the 1/32 ply is a pain to cut out where the laser did not burn all the way through.

However, I am making good progress. Hope to have it done and flown by end of August as I have to get it ready for a show at the end of September.

Blue Angels baby!

Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by Craig Dieter View Post
                Hey CRX. If that is indeed a Connie, as it looks to be, check out a guy by the name of Pat Tritle at Pats Custom Models. He designed one and has a vey unique way of doing the tri-tail set up that works on one servo. Also, nice to see SOMEONE out there likes to build besides me. I like wood.
                I'm a big fan of Pat and have built a few of his models. This particular kit does not have rudder, but it can be added. I have not decided yet.
                Pat

Comment

• Check out the build thread for Pat’s Connie. You can get to it from Pat’s web site. A Connie your size you need to add rudders.

Comment

Yes, it's a Super Connie. Philip Noel in the UK designed it, and at one point Charlie Manzano was cutting short kits, but I had to get mine from Traplet in the UK. I was a little disappointed with the quality of the wood. Ply is warped and some of the balsa is hard. Was not expecting contrest grade stuff, but for the money I paid I was hoping for a little better. And their laser needs adjustment too. Not all of the parts, especially the ply, were cut through. Even the 1/32 ply is a pain to cut out where the laser did not burn all the way through.

However, I am making good progress. Hope to have it done and flown by end of August as I have to get it ready for a show at the end of September.

Blue Angels baby!

Wow Pat! That is quite the project you have going there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                      Our Admiral PNP Helo project is not any of the project names I've given out thus far. 'Couldn't risk someone actually guessing correctly.

So, Project Foil is still in play, as is Hoot, and Five Eyes, and Trident, and Wolves.

Remember, the game isn't to state which planes you want. The game is to connect an aircraft to the project name, and why. Winner wins a free copy of that plane. :)
                      Thanks for the New code names Alpha, "Trident" & "Wolves", like the other clues could we get category, edf/prop + cryptic clue?
                      looking forward to the headaches :Thinking:

Comment

• Trident is the Lockheed Super connie. Thats my guess.

Comment

• That makes a lot of sense. Didn't even think about that.
                          Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post
                            Trident is the Lockheed Super connie. Thats my guess.
                            I'll see that guess and raise ya that it will be avail for my Xmas gift ;) Ohhhhhh.......a Connie makes me randy LOL
                            Warbird Charlie
                            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• My guess is that Trident is the Navy P-2 Neptune

Comment

• If it’s a Connie, I need to contact a bankruptcy lawyer! Lol
                                Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                                Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                                I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• I am going to take a PUNT at "Hoot",
                                  I believe "Hoot" is a HE-219 UHU (Eagle Owl... hoot, hoot) night fighter, originally I thought this to be tooooo obvious, but then I thought.....when ALL Alpha's clues are NOT obvious, throwing an obvious clue in is counter-intuitive:Silly:

Click image for larger version  Name:	He-219--g1106a05.jpg Views:	1 Size:	75.1 KB ID:	134161 Click image for larger version  Name:	DML_HE219A0_CAT.JPG Views:	2 Size:	154.6 KB ID:	134164
                                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Wesnc View Post
                                    I am going to take a PUNT at "Hoot",
                                    I believe "Hoot" is a HE-219 UHU (Eagle Owl... hoot, hoot) night fighter, originally I thought this to be tooooo obvious, but then I thought.....when ALL Alpha's clues are NOT obvious, throwing an obvious clue in is counter-intuitive:Silly:

Click image for larger version Name:	He-219--g1106a05.jpg Views:	1 Size:	75.1 KB ID:	134161 Click image for larger version Name:	DML_HE219A0_CAT.JPG Views:	2 Size:	154.6 KB ID:	134164
                                    Nothing like the obvious, would be a great plane in 1600 to 1800mm, love twins and a bonus this one has tricycle landing gear.
                                    go get Em Wes.

Comment

• I'm in!!! Pre-order now!!! LOL

Comment

• For Hoot I was thinking more along these lines. Hoot = Owl = Night Hunter = F-117A (my other guess here would have been the P-61, but seeing as MRC was working with Dynam on theirs, doesn't make sense that FLRC would have had one in the works at the same time)

I was actually going to guess He-219 for Trident because of the nose antennae. So that's my guess for Trident.

Five Eyes - I was thinking something reconnaissance (Eyes = Cameras), and boy would I love for it to be a twin 80mm SR-71 Blackbird!

Wolves - Probably too easy of a guess, but wouldn't a 1600mm Fw-190 D-9 be awesome?

Foil - I guessed F-100 a long time ago, and was probably not the first.
                                        Pat

Comment

wouldn't a 1600mm Fw-190 D-9 be awesome?
                                          +1

Comment

Working...
                                          X