• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wesnc View Post
    +1
    Make that +2

Comment

• Will those new paint schemes mentioned in the .eu announcements be available in the .us store? I likey

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post
        Will those new paint schemes mentioned in the .eu announcements be available in the .us store? I likey
        Definitely! Sorry if that didn't come across.

Comment

• Here's something new!

TiredIron Aviation
          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Definitely digging that Mirage!

Comment

• What does the clipped wings offer? Less washout?
              AMA 1102566

Comment

• Originally posted by Craig Dieter View Post
                Check out the build thread for Pat’s Connie. You can get to it from Pat’s web site. A Connie your size you need to add rudders.
                Pat flies at our field and we get the pleasure of seeing his prototypes tested. The Connie is a beautiful plane and his model is spectacular.

Comment

• The clipped wings increase roll rate, impart a more "crisp" feel during non-scale snappy maneuvers, slightly increase top speed, slightly reduce washout, and make the bird even easier to transport. Seen here in the backseat of a Honda Fit:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180524_145852.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	134205

We designed the Spitfire from the start to be modifiable and future-compatible with 3DP upgrades. This is hopefully just the beginning for scale tweaks and bolt-on updates like pitots and different exhaust stacks and filters and radiators for this Spitfire. I won't call them "Upgrades" as they don't significantly alter the base model per se, but we're doing all this in the spirit of the original Spitfire, which underwent many revisions and alterations throughout its storied service history.

Bottom line is, we're doing it because it's fun.

And don't worry all, these recent Repaint/Repower/Revise models are separate from New models.

Name:	IMG_20180524_172111.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	200.7 KB
ID:	134206
                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                    Definitely digging that Mirage!
                    It's definitely easier to see!! The Mirage V2's power system puts the aircraft firmly into hover territory. Nose to the moon, near-standstill, hover. We took a fast plane and turned it up even higher based on customer feedback we've collected since the V1 was released ~4 years ago.

Name:	_DSC9346.JPG
Views:	400
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	134212Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC9350.JPG
Views:	420
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	134213

Name:	_DSC9313.JPG
Views:	409
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	134214Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC9536.JPG
Views:	410
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	134211

Name:	_DSC9337.JPG
Views:	405
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	134209Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_4236.JPG
Views:	374
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	134210

We'll drop more pictures and info into the actual Mirage's discussion thread, so as not to distract this thread.

Comment

• More choices are always good! Well done:Cool:.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wesnc View Post
                        I am going to take a PUNT at "Hoot",
                        I believe "Hoot" is a HE-219 UHU (Eagle Owl... hoot, hoot) night fighter, originally I thought this to be tooooo obvious, but then I thought.....when ALL Alpha's clues are NOT obvious, throwing an obvious clue in is counter-intuitive:Silly:

Click image for larger version Name:	He-219--g1106a05.jpg Views:	1 Size:	75.1 KB ID:	134161 Click image for larger version Name:	DML_HE219A0_CAT.JPG Views:	2 Size:	154.6 KB ID:	134164
                        I like your style!

Comment

• The UHU was an incredible nightfighter, heavily armed and deadly. and there is only one left (completely restored and waiting for final assembly at the Udvar-Hazy Air & Space Museum near Washington DC). It could be a spectacular model!

Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

I like your style!
                            Need to add that one to the "to do" list Alpha. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

Need to add that one to the "to do" list Alpha. :)
                              Right after the Connnie....?

Comment

• Originally posted by MotionJB View Post

Free plane? uhhh, can I guess? ;)

I'm going to guess Wolves refers to VF-84 "Wolf Gang" flying F4U's?

Comment

It's definitely easier to see!! The Mirage V2's power system puts the aircraft firmly into hover territory. Nose to the moon, near-standstill, hover. We took a fast plane and turned it up even higher based on customer feedback we've collected since the V1 was released ~4 years ago.

Name:	_DSC9346.JPG
Views:	400
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	134212Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC9350.JPG
Views:	420
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	134213

Name:	_DSC9313.JPG
Views:	409
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	134214Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC9536.JPG
Views:	410
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	134211

Name:	_DSC9337.JPG
Views:	405
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	134209Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_4236.JPG
Views:	374
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	134210

We'll drop more pictures and info into the actual Mirage's discussion thread, so as not to distract this thread.
                                  One of my problems is seeing these smaller aircraft. A bright color scheme definitely helps. Will the new Mirage scheme be available here in the USA?

Comment

Right after the Connnie....?
                                    Actually, before the Connie.

And let's not forget the Do-335:).

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post

I'm going to guess Wolves refers to VF-84 "Wolf Gang" flying F4U's?

There is a wolf rescue sanctuary in Lancaster PA. Hmmm... New .eu store... Lancaster?.... wolves?...

Everyone needs a Lancaster

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	_DSC9346.JPG Views:	1 Size:	108.6 KB ID:	134212Click image for larger version  Name:	_DSC9350.JPG Views:	1 Size:	116.1 KB ID:	134213
                                        Click image for larger version  Name:	_DSC9313.JPG Views:	1 Size:	196.2 KB ID:	134214Click image for larger version  Name:	_DSC9536.JPG Views:	1 Size:	69.2 KB ID:	134211
                                        Click image for larger version  Name:	_DSC9337.JPG Views:	1 Size:	150.7 KB ID:	134209Click image for larger version  Name:	_MG_4236.JPG Views:	1 Size:	108.4 KB ID:	134210

I have held off on getting one but I can see that is about to change! I really like Deltas... LOL

Comment

• Alpha, tell us about the cockpit and nozzle on the Mirage. Are those 3D models that will be available to print and paint, or are they "bling" to purchase as aircraft add-ons? I persoanally would love to see Motion offer optional "do-dads" like cockpit kits, nozzles, and exhaust for scale upgrades, while it allows you to keep the base price lower for those that enjoy a good "yank and bank" without all the scale gizmos.

Comment

Working...
                                          X