X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

PS I got the 65mm A-10 from freewing. Havent assembled it yet though. Looking forward to it. Have realized something, no one ever posts about it anymore. Has me just a bit worried.
    Nothing wrong with the 64 mm little brother other than it's lack of presence in the sky due to it's size.
    My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Just ordered the FMS 70 mm T-45 last night... Be here Friday....
      My Hangar inventory FW 90 mm hp F-15, FW 90 mm F-104, FW 90 mm T-45, FW 80 70mm F-5, FW 80 mm Scorpion, 70 mm V2 Z Rebel, F-8 Bearcat and a stable of T-28, white and Orange and yellow

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

Well now! I would probably bet 20 bucks that FMS is the foundry plant that actually produces some of if not all of the Freewing/Flightline models. Call it just a hunch. Hmmm FMS, could that mean, Foam Molding Specialties? I have had a few FMS models, and sincerely there not perfect, (non are) but the fit and especially the finish are second to none. Just say en.

Best Regards
        Woody

PS, I have solid faith in both FMS & FW/FL. I favor FW/FL because of the great Motion customer service. But FMS products are in fact good products, and I know this from experience. W
        FMS stands for Famous Models Shenzhen, which is a city in China that seems like most of these companies are located. It's the Detroit(as in back when the US auto industry was king) of RC products.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
          Since I learned from past mistakes of giving general ETAs, how about I just say this, which is something I can absolutely stand behind:

The next 6 months are going to blow your minds.
          Considering the current political climate, I wouldn't have made any claim about upcoming products.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

FMS stands for Famous Models Shenzhen, which is a city in China that seems like most of these companies are located. It's the Detroit(as in back when the US auto industry was king) of RC products.
            I've always wondered what that meant. Thanks for the info.

Best Regards
            Woody

Comment

• All I know is they make just as good planes as anyone. I own planes from freewing, fms, eflite, dynam, and flyzone, and tech one. The only ones I really needed to mess with to get them right were the dynams, mainly replacing retracts. Now if anyone else has anything more to say about me I will fire back, otherwise move the hell on.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                All I know is they make just as good planes as anyone. I own planes from freewing, fms, eflite, dynam, and flyzone, and tech one. The only ones I really needed to mess with to get them right were the dynams, mainly replacing retracts. Now if anyone else has anything more to say about me I will fire back, otherwise move the hell on.
                We're all friends her Rifleman. We jest and we joke, but we're all friends mate.

Best Regards
                Woody

Comment

• I know, wasn't shooting at ya brother, and jokes are good, and I do welcome them. That isnt any problem. Its aggression that gets me fired up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Apache Jets View Post
                    Just ordered the FMS 70 mm T-45 last night... Be here Friday....
                    When you get it, post up in the jets forum I would definitely like to hear a review of it. I have a buddy that is considering buying one as well.

Comment

• Gotta commend you on your posts Rifleman. 3,087 compared to my paltry 33. You are getting a lot out of this forum which is a very good thing. That's what it's for. I like your discussion and video about the FMS A10. I've liked that package since the beginning and I've been hankering to get one. Easier to transport and flyable in many locations....EDF's are battery pigs, but twin 70mm is a good platform....

Comment

• Yeah it's a very nice plane, I mean even at 70mm it still sucks down the juice to 3.80volts per cell in 3 minutes on my 4500 with throttle management (I know it's safe to go little lower but I just like stopping at 3.8 since it is storage level and I dont have to do anything when I get home). But she will get along nicely as I did top it out on a still day as in the video 96mph. And I can get her in and out of my small SUV with ease, along with 5 or 6 other planes if i choose to take that many. The fms fans as I was told by others are very efficient and also what I have observed in my fms FA18F that will fly 6 minutes to 3.8volts per cell with good throttle management as well. For me they are both smooth as silk in the air. The key to the landings are to fly them down using throttle to adjust your sink rate and flare just about when the wheels are two struts high off the ground. That will give you the best results I've found. Too soon she will bounce, too late and well..... yeah not pretty either. I think you will enjoy it as I have. If you do have any issues or questions dont hesitate to ask me. I'll be more than happy to help. As I'm sure many others will as well. Just don't get detoured by nay sayers. Stay the course my friend.

Comment

• Thanx for that info Rifleman. Wow! How do you get 5 or 6 planes in a small SUV!? I've got a big old Audi A6 Wagon and I can only get 3 planes in, even though it looks cavernous. Maybe you stack them with a system? Anyway, interesting about FMS fans being very efficient. I guess like any company, they are fine tuning all the time, except for Dynam....Whatcha See, Is What You Get.....
                          The A10 landing that you describe is what a real landing should look like. Not the bouncy nervous kind, that we all experienced not wanting to explode our money on the landing strip into foam smithereens. That is the key though to fly them in with power and set them down nicely. I know it's easier said than done, but like anything, it will get better....Unfortunately, I downed a Freewing F86 into a deep field of six foot high grass recently. It felt like a jungle safari trying to find her and when I came out of the bush, I looked like Artie Johnson on "Laugh In" looking through the grass...."Very Interesting"....

Comment

• Yes indeed, I just run them side by side wings off. Other than my small planes and of course the f18 stays intact. But wings off gains quite abit of room. The other thing I do like with the A10 is the simple wing connections they just plug into the fuselage no fussing with any wires. 4 screws and shes ready to rock.

Comment

• Soooo, what's next Alpha? Got to get back on topic... Just sayin'.

Comment

• Dear Alpha,

Bring us another big EDF like the FW A-10, would love to have another twin the size of the A-10, can you guys imagine an F-18 or another twin that flies as good as the A-10 does, never thought I would enjoy charging two batteries but it is worth it for the A-10, it would be worth the wait for me anyway if foil was twin EDF, I have invested in several chargers for the twins, so bring it on Alpha..........:Cool:

I can dream can't I, I know it will be a single but I tried.......;)

Comment

• I like the fms stuff though I have found it to need a little more refinement to fly the way I like. The flighline stuff seems a little better and I really like the freewing jets. All of them a little different, making them fly well is the challenge and fun of it all (my 2c)

Wrt getting them all in the car the old minivan was by far the best thing for hauling planes, now I have an edge and with a little foam covered PVC pipe you can stack without damage. I can get 6-7 planes in with a bit of planning.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170923_081232.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	141.8 KB
ID:	146855Click image for larger version

Name:	20180617_080357.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	146856Click image for larger version

Name:	20180615_112102.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	146857 .
                                  rc flyin addict

Comment

• Well, I just stopped waiting and decided to get a new engine for my Carden Edge. Watch as FW releases an awesome MiG that I'll then have to chose to decide between that and new servos for the Carden Edge...

Comment

• Originally posted by Topdogzrc View Post
                                      Well, I just stopped waiting and decided to get a new engine for my Carden Edge. Watch as FW releases an awesome MiG that I'll then have to chose to decide between that and new servos for the Carden Edge...
                                      I'm going to wait, nothing I want right now, I did pick up a used 90mm FW Yak 130 a few weeks ago for dirt cheap, been flying that for now to hold me over until the new release, if it is something I want or must have, if it is the F-100 like some have said then I will more than likely pass on it, not a fan of the F-100.....:Yawn:

Comment

• If its bigger than a single 80 it really isn't worth my time. Cant afford those big things much less the 100+ bucks for the second pack for just one flight. I'll do up to 70 in twins and 80 in single motor. But none bigger.

Comment

\"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Working...
                                          X