X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fhhuber View Post

To fit a 70 mm fan without grossly distorting the pod... you'd be looking at 4 meter + wingspan.

And there's why you don't want to play with EDFs on the B-36.
    You either have tiny, useless EDFs, or one monster of a model.
    Yeah I didnt think of that

Comment

• hey Aros, don't forgot my zero bud....xd

Comment

• Aros, you didn’t mention the Bronco because it’s already in production, right???;)

Comment

• Yes! :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post
            Aros, you didn’t mention the Bronco because it’s already in production, right???;)
            :Drooling::Drooling::Drooling::Drooling::Drooling: :Drooling::Drooling::Drooling::Drooling::Drooling: :Drooling::Drooling::Drooling::Drooling::Drooling: :Drooling::Drooling::Drooling::Drooling::Drooling: :Drooling::Drooling::Drooling::Drooling:
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• check the wingspan of the b-35, it's within inches of the b-2 w cad design, he had this right. still puzzling to me why they destroyed all the prototypes.

found this on web, he lost this bid largely in part for political reasons

The YB-49 and its modern counterpart, the B-2 Spirit, both built by Northrop Grumman, have the same wingspan: 172.0 ft (52.4 m). Flight test data collected from the original YB-49 test flights were used in the development of the B-2 bomber.

Thirty years later, in April 1980, Jack Northrop, then quite elderly and using a wheelchair, was taken back to the company he founded. There, he was ushered into a classified area and shown a scale model of the Air Force's forthcoming, but still highly classified Advanced Technology Bomber, which would eventually become known as the B-2; it was a sleek, all-wing design. Looking over its familiar lines, Northrop, unable to speak due to various illnesses, was reported to have written on a pad: "I know why God has kept me alive for the past 25 years." Jack Northrop died ten months later, in February 1981, eight years before the first B-2 entered Air Force service.[14]
              Click image for larger version  Name:	330px-YB49-6_300.jpg Views:	1 Size:	21.7 KB ID:	147706Click image for larger version  Name:	330px-YB49-9_300.jpg Views:	1 Size:	45.2 KB ID:	147707
              rc flyin addict

Comment

• Indeed, that was a really good man and designer

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post
                  Aros, you didn’t mention the Bronco because it’s already in production, right???;)
                  One never knows! :P
                  My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• :Don't-tell-Anyone:LOL

Comment

• Is it strange that I massively look forward to every Freewing/Motion new release? LOL LOL:):Drooling::Scared::Silly:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

One never knows! :P
                        \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                          Is it strange that I massively look forward to every Freewing/Motion new release? LOL LOL:):Drooling::Scared::Silly:
                          If it is then we're all strange!

Comment

• Aros, I like your list and response to WBC!

Anybody heard from Squawker Shirty our brother from down under? Seems to be MIA......

Comment

• Originally posted by Craig Dieter View Post
                              Hey Valkpilot, go to YouTube and watch John Northrop’s final interview just before he passed away. It also interviews some of the test pilots of the B-35/B-49 series. They had the stability problem fairly well solved with a computer called “Little Herbert”. The Air Force also wanted the Wing and put out contracts for 250-plus airframes. Please watch the interview. It’s sad what happened and says something about the influence that can be used by some people. I love the B-35.
                              Didn't watch the video, researched Little Herbert. Looks like the flying wing got clipped the same way the AVRO Arrow did. One man in the government not liking the company president. BTW I believe that just before he died, they gave Mr. Northrop a tour of the B-2, back when it was still in it's "black" stage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                                Aros, I like your list and response to WBC!

Anybody heard from Squawker Shirty our brother from down under? Seems to be MIA......
                                :( Last activity was July 13th. Hope he's doing better than me ;)
                                Warbird Charlie
                                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post

If it is then we're all strange!
                                  Ha-ha! Good :Whew:LOL:Cool:.

Comment

• maybe if we keep poking that sick hard enough one of them will talk...…..

Comment

• Originally posted by axerhand1976 View Post
                                      maybe if we keep poking that s[t]ick hard enough one of them will talk...…..
                                      ax, Remember the ol' adage about pokin' a sleeping bear with a stick? I know I can't wait to read about the new EDF myself. Best, LB
                                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                                        Aros, I like your list and response to WBC!

I saw a post from him Saturday in his video thread in turbine jets on RCG.
                                        My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

Working...
                                        X