Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very GOOD manners;)
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
      If I attempted an Anime jet, it would be a Mave Yukikaze or a YF-19. And by "If I attempted", I mean "I could never financially responsibly attempt". :Confused: But meanwhile, those Japanese guys with their Valkyries are quite an inspiration!
      I've had my eyes on scratchbuilding a mave yukikaze for several years now. Fuselage shape, intake, and exhaust shapes all would make for a very challenging use of EDFs for the powerplant (not to mention the cockpit), and might only be doable as a pusher prop. One day though...:Thinking:

A super sylph on the other hand should be much easier.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post

I've had my eyes on scratchbuilding a mave yukikaze for several years now. Fuselage shape, intake, and exhaust shapes all would make for a very challenging use of EDFs for the powerplant (not to mention the cockpit), and might only be doable as a pusher prop. One day though...:Thinking:

A super sylph on the other hand should be much easier.
        The Valk would be easier, just start with an F-14 and F/A-18.

Comment

• F-111 Aardvark would be the BEST NEXT EDF JET... THINK of the possibilities..
          Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

• Slightly off topic but nevertheless interesting. Was at conference last week and heard Rick Smith speak on disruption. We talk about what's next and maybe it's not this year or even three years from now, but it's coming to our hobby. It's 3 and 4D printing. Not 3D printing as we see it today with low cost home models . I'm talking about 3D and 4D printing of complete models using far better materials than available today. No more 6 figure molds. I'm sure Alpha and the Freewing braintrust are pondering : Check out one of Rick's vids: https://youtu.be/1z_DRAtSZ3E

Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
            Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
            I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• So...I have no post counts, but it seems that Alpha is posting a lot more recently. I assume that means he has time on his hands. Does that mean he's got some projects finished and on their way? Will we see something soon? :)

Comment

• Originally posted by davecee View Post
                So...I have no post counts, but it seems that Alpha is posting a lot more recently. I assume that means he has time on his hands. Does that mean he's got some projects finished and on their way? Will we see something soon? :)
                LOLI thought the same thing the other day
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• We 3D printed clones of ourselves.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Got a pic of the printed clone.... and look, Aros could not not believe it either. Look at his expression...

Click image for larger version

Name:	the_santa_clause_2-4.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	156751

Sorry, a bit off topic but could not resist....

Comment

• There is no picture in your post, only a placeholder.

Comment

We 3D printed clones of ourselves.
                        Ok so which one is the good Alpha and which is the bad Alpha?

Comment

• My beard is hip!

Originally posted by farmflyer View Post

Ok so which one is the good Alpha and which is the bad Alpha?
                          We are all the best kind of bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by davecee View Post
                            So...I have no post counts, but it seems that Alpha is posting a lot more recently. I assume that means he has time on his hands. Does that mean he's got some projects finished and on their way? Will we see something soon? :)
                            I am under the belief that Alpha has a twin brother and they have never told a soul about it. They have been living one life. One sleeps while the other works. Like Christian Bales character in the movie the Prestige. There's just no other way...

Comment

• Originally posted by James.MotionRC View Post

I am under the belief that Alpha has a twin brother and they have never told a soul about it. They have been living one life. One sleeps while the other works. Like Christian Bales character in the movie the Prestige. There's just no other way...
                              Hmmm.... You could be right!

Comment

We 3D printed clones of ourselves.
                                Alpha, Please make all the stl files available, I could use the help over here.:Whew: Best, LB
                                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

Alpha, Please make all the stl files available, I could use the help over here.:Whew: Best, LB
                                  Just remember what happened to Michael Keton in "Multiplicity".

Comment

• Hey Alpha i am looking at the Boeing 737 (twin 90mm) made by FlyFly. I have a quote from them for the PNP, ready to pull the trigger, hoping you had some info on this jet. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by lmramos44 View Post
                                      Hey Alpha i am looking at the Boeing 737 (twin 90mm) made by FlyFly. I have a quote from them for the PNP, ready to pull the trigger, hoping you had some info on this jet. Thanks.
                                      Unfortunately an airliner isn't next from our team, my friend. If you do get the FlyFly 737, reinforce the wing but do your best to build the rest of it as light as possible. Nose gear mount doesn't need to be overly reinforced, but I'd recommend something on the mains at least. Carbon sheet, something, and possibly new beads of Hysol depending on your choice of U/C setup. All in all, not a hard task. If you've ever built a CMP/Pro-Design, you'll have no problem. A gyro isn't necessary, but helps in a crosswind especially with the winglets and big vertical stab. Finally, consider fewer blades for more efficiency. You'll be trading higher whine for better flight time and performance. I flew one here in China a little while back. RIP.

Comment

• Ya know mate, has it ever occurred to you or your team, that maybe the reason no 737 has ever got any serious traction is because no one has made one that fly's worth a darn. I wont be purchasing or flying one of these FlyFly ones for sure. They look like sleds, IE heavy, and they don't look quite right to me. I would prefer a nice old school airliner, but I sincerely believe someone is going to hit with one of these in the not too distance future, (years not months). Making a nice 737 that looks, and fly's great would take a very special team. Are you hearing me mate? Who would like a model that doesn't fly well? The 737 air frame is going to be challenging to say the least. But ya made a nice flying F-4, I think if you ever chose to do it, your team would be up to the task for sure.

If I was going to do one, I would go for a mid 70's vintage where they were running pure jets, not the fan jet verity. I just think they looked cooler, but that's just me. But the pure jet verity would use smaller fans, and could be a smaller plane.

I completely understand why these airplanes do not appeal to front line dev's, and the risks associated with doing something like this, and respect it. I for one love most of the models you have made, and intend to own more of them in the future. But I'd still love to have a nice flying 737 someday. I'm not holding my breath though, LOL.

My recommendation would be to pass on this one. That plane is a lot of money, just think of the Freewing jets ya can own for the price of that thing. Just a bit of friendly piece unsolicited advise.

Best Regards
                                        Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post
                                          Ya know mate, has it ever occurred to you or your team, that maybe the reason no 737 has ever got any serious traction is because no one has made one that fly's worth a darn. I wont be purchasing or flying one of these FlyFly ones for sure. They look like sleds, IE heavy, and they don't look quite right to me. I would prefer a nice old school airliner, but I sincerely believe someone is going to hit with one of these in the not too distance future, (years not months). Making a nice 737 that looks, and fly's great would take a very special team. Are you hearing me mate? Who would like a model that doesn't fly well? The 737 air frame is going to be challenging to say the least. But ya made a nice flying F-4, I think if you ever chose to do it, your team would be up to the task for sure.

If I was going to do one, I would go for a mid 70's vintage where they were running pure jets, not the fan jet verity. I just think they looked cooler, but that's just me. But the pure jet verity would use smaller fans, and could be a smaller plane.

I completely understand why these airplanes do not appeal to front line dev's, and the risks associated with doing something like this, and respect it. I for one love most of the models you have made, and intend to own more of them in the future. But I'd still love to have a nice flying 737 someday. I'm not holding my breath though, LOL.

My recommendation would be to pass on this one. That plane is a lot of money, just think of the Freewing jets ya can own for the price of that thing. Just a bit of friendly piece unsolicited advise.

Best Regards
                                          Woody
                                          I'd rather have a Stratojet or BUFF before an airliner.

Comment

Working...
                                          X