Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh my, a BUFF that drops bombs! Make the bombs so you can put a little flour in each one and it pops open on impact with a big POOF! That would be cool. Four little EDF pods in a faux twin nacelle; way cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

I'd rather have a Stratojet or BUFF before an airliner.
      But of course you would. : )

Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

But of course you would. : )

Woody
        If you want a jet airliner, the easiest to make would be the De havilland Comet, since like many large British aircraft, the engines are in the wings. Side note to Alpha: If you do the Comet, be sure to use oval windows, not square ones.:)

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

If you want a jet airliner, the easiest to make would be the De havilland Comet, since like many large British aircraft, the engines are in the wings. Side note to Alpha: If you do the Comet, be sure to use oval windows, not square ones.:)
          LMFAO,

Woody

Comment

• No way, I want to use square ones! It's a better view (until the catastrophic failure)
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
              No way, I want to use square ones! It's a better view (until the catastrophic failure)
              Alpha, do you ever sleep mate?

Woody

Comment

• Actually the Comet failure was traced to punching through the rivets without drilling, while the designers specified drill and de-burr before riveting. Punching them through pre-cracked the skin and even oval windows would not have helped. It just would have taken a few more pressurization cycles.
                FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Alpha, do you ever sleep mate?
                  Silly question. Didn't you know Alpha is our resident A.I.? ;)
                  My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• What is this "sleep" of which you speak?

Comment

• Yep! He's a machine... LOL

Comment

• Plenty of sleep later, there are planes to produce!

Comment

• Alpha, Are any of these 'new, fresh, and exciting' aircraft going to be available by Christmas? I want a new winter project. Best to both Alphas whichever reads this first, LB
                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• As my grandmother says, “I will sleep when I die”.” Super hard worker she is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

Silly question. Didn't you know Alpha is our resident A.I.? ;)
                              But does he dream of electric sheep or electric airplane?:Ligthbulb:

Comment

Unfortunately an airliner isn't next from our team, my friend. If you do get the FlyFly 737, reinforce the wing but do your best to build the rest of it as light as possible. Nose gear mount doesn't need to be overly reinforced, but I'd recommend something on the mains at least. Carbon sheet, something, and possibly new beads of Hysol depending on your choice of U/C setup. All in all, not a hard task. If you've ever built a CMP/Pro-Design, you'll have no problem. A gyro isn't necessary, but helps in a crosswind especially with the winglets and big vertical stab. Finally, consider fewer blades for more efficiency. You'll be trading higher whine for better flight time and performance. I flew one here in China a little while back. RIP.
                                Thank You, great when you can get this kind of info. Greatly appreciated.!

Comment

Ya know mate, has it ever occurred to you or your team, that maybe the reason no 737 has ever got any serious traction is because no one has made one that fly's worth a darn. I wont be purchasing or flying one of these FlyFly ones for sure. They look like sleds, IE heavy, and they don't look quite right to me. I would prefer a nice old school airliner, but I sincerely believe someone is going to hit with one of these in the not too distance future, (years not months). Making a nice 737 that looks, and fly's great would take a very special team. Are you hearing me mate? Who would like a model that doesn't fly well? The 737 air frame is going to be challenging to say the least. But ya made a nice flying F-4, I think if you ever chose to do it, your team would be up to the task for sure.

If I was going to do one, I would go for a mid 70's vintage where they were running pure jets, not the fan jet verity. I just think they looked cooler, but that's just me. But the pure jet verity would use smaller fans, and could be a smaller plane.

I completely understand why these airplanes do not appeal to front line dev's, and the risks associated with doing something like this, and respect it. I for one love most of the models you have made, and intend to own more of them in the future. But I'd still love to have a nice flying 737 someday. I'm not holding my breath though, LOL.

My recommendation would be to pass on this one. That plane is a lot of money, just think of the Freewing jets ya can own for the price of that thing. Just a bit of friendly piece unsolicited advise.

Best Regards
                                  Woody
                                  Thanks Woody. After hearing from you and Alpha. I did pass on the 1800$ pnp.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                                    Alpha, Are any of these 'new, fresh, and exciting' aircraft going to be available by Christmas? I want a new winter project. Best to both Alphas whichever reads this first, LB
                                    Have we ever missed it?

Comment

Have we ever missed it?
                                      ;););) Thank you for all the hard work Bro!!!

Comment

• Any one here ever see Ramy RC videos He does airliners all the time from scratch. Look him up on the tube and his videos will show you how to build one.

Comment

Have we ever missed it?
                                          LOLAlpha, Uncertain as this is our first Christmas together. That said, isn't the first Christmas, EDF? Best, LB
                                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X