Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've had a lot of Dynam models with retracts and exactly one failed retract.

Upgraded the retracts on a Me262 but that was mainly for the cool CNC machined struts that came in the retract set.

I have about 100 or so assorted servos, dozens of motors, ESCs, retract sets and other equipment sitting in a drawer with nothing to put them in.
    Things like this are why I would prefer to have ARF versions of more models available rather than just the PNF or BNF that are now so common.

Dynam's foam models are actually pretty good. Their electronics have always been where people complained. (Dynam labeled ESCs were so bad that they changed their brand name for motors and ESCs to Detrum when they corrected the worst issues...)
    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by AirHead View Post
      Wouldn't ya love a 3d Foamie Printer. You could just input a plane design in the morning; go to work and come home to a finished, one-off foamie! Then, you could paint her up and then load the gear and have her in the air in a jiffy! Christmas is comin' up....
      You can get a 3D CNC machine that will mill down a foam block for each part...

Comment

• Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
        I've had a lot of Dynam models with retracts and exactly one failed retract.

Upgraded the retracts on a Me262 but that was mainly for the cool CNC machined struts that came in the retract set.

I have about 100 or so assorted servos, dozens of motors, ESCs, retract sets and other equipment sitting in a drawer with nothing to put them in.
        Things like this are why I would prefer to have ARF versions of more models available rather than just the PNF or BNF that are now so common.

Dynam's foam models are actually pretty good. Their electronics have always been where people complained. (Dynam labeled ESCs were so bad that they changed their brand name for motors and ESCs to Detrum when they corrected the worst issues...)
        They forgot detrum is almost detrimental... almost.:Silly:LOL

Comment

• Detrum motors and ESCs are actually pretty decent.

I'm currently installing a 70 mm EDF from a Dynam Me262 in a HobbyKing Goshhawk. Some creativity is needed because the Dynam 4S EDF housing is larger (heavier duty) than the EDF (no motor) that came with the ARF. The Dynam motor on 4S would make the fan in the ARF shed blades.

(Seems I ordered just in time, since its now discontinued https://hobbyking.com/en_us/t-45-gos...-kit-only.html Pretty good foam ARF)

Comment

• Ah yes, interesting indeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post

They forgot detrum is almost detrimental... almost.:Silly:LOL
              LOLLOLLOLLOL So true!

Comment

• So for project foil I’m going throw my hat in the ring. Mig-15 or 17

Comment

• Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
                  Detrum motors and ESCs are actually pretty decent.

I'm currently installing a 70 mm EDF from a Dynam Me262 in a HobbyKing Goshhawk. Some creativity is needed because the Dynam 4S EDF housing is larger (heavier duty) than the EDF (no motor) that came with the ARF. The Dynam motor on 4S would make the fan in the ARF shed blades.

(Seems I ordered just in time, since its now discontinued https://hobbyking.com/en_us/t-45-gos...-kit-only.html Pretty good foam ARF)
                  Hmmm, do you own a Freewing or FMS Jet? Dynam is not in the same league as either of those, yet anyway. Fit and finish are miles apart. But usually so are the prices.

Comment

• I see Motion YouTube announcement for project foil is coming soon!

Comment

• I've got a fever, and the prescription is :ov10

Comment

• John_53_70
                        John_53_70 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Might have a race here, who can come out with the bronco first MRC or Ford

• Amazing, the flight review is amazing, well done Freewing. This EDF will be the best yet and will be xtremely popular.

Comment

• Join James and Pilot Patrick Croasdale for 3 full flights on the new F-22 Raptor! Video link table of contents below:7:06 - Flight 1 - Speed, large aerobatic...

Comment

• Wow, kinda quiet around here seeing that it's finally announcement day...

Comment

• It was announced last night and there is a thread about the new F-22 in the EDF section.

Comment

• The release kinda left me flat. Not really high on my "must have" list. Maybe after the field testing by buyers begin interest will grow. I am following the thread on it.

Mike
                              \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• so was the flight video of the raptor the 6s or 8s version?

Comment

• Originally posted by axerhand1976 View Post
                                  so was the flight video of the raptor the 6s or 8s version?
                                  That was the stock 6s setup, flown mostly with 6s 4000 and 5000.

Our 8s flight videos are coming in about a week.
                                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post
                                    The release kinda left me flat. Not really high on my "must have" list. Maybe after the field testing by buyers begin interest will grow. I am following the thread on it.

Mike
                                    Welp, like you I'm not too excited about the appearance of an F-22, honestly. But Alpha is indeed listening. I think he probably has been all along. So he has developed a very cool plane, that can be flown by many. I may not be a big fan of the appearance of a new F-22, would have loved an A-7, but everyone simply can't have everything they want. Life doesn't work that way, it never will. As for my tastes in air craft, they're well, my tastes, I'm sure all of you have yours.

So with this said, I'm deciding as to pull the trigger on the new offering, or get me a new A-4. LOL. Details to follow.

Best Regards
                                    Woody

Comment

• Sorry guys, I'm just not feeling it. I guess the T-45 was as far as I'll go with "modern" aircraft; I'll wait until they come out with something older...

Comment

Working...
                                      X