• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• somthing new
    rc flyin addict

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

What is up with this fixation on planes large enough for Gary Coleman to have used for a personal transport? Other sited sell these behemoths, but at steep prices. So you come over here asking for a plane with a wingspan the size of a Wookie, and expect it to be under $500. You should just be happy to get the plane in the high quality and detail that Alpha and Company have been able to bring us.
      I respect your opinion Valkpilot and I like your sense of humor, but I have to point out that I never said anything about expecting it to be under $500. In fact, I would gladly pay double that for a two meter corsair with the high quality and scale detail that only MRC has come up with. I would add that MRC has gone to great lengths to produce planes to satisfy all the trunk lid pilots out there but I still would love to see a line of warbirds, like the Corsair, that wont fit in a Subaru....unless of coarse it had folding wings like the real one.:Cool: I would also point out that larger planes are easier to fly and,most importantly, to see for all us baby boomers.;)

Comment

• or something bigger
        rc flyin addict

Comment

What is up with this fixation on planes large enough for Gary Coleman to have used for a personal transport? Other sited sell these behemoths, but at steep prices. So you come over here asking for a plane with a wingspan the size of a Wookie, and expect it to be under $500. You should just be happy to get the plane in the high quality and detail that Alpha and Company have been able to bring us.
          Truth is, big planes fly better. With the removable wings and stuff, they are easier to transport. I guess the issue is obviously flying space. Kinda like the fish tank thing with smaller fish in smaller tanks....Ya know....

Comment

• rc flyin addict

Comment

OV-10, 70mm P-80/T-33
              This would be absolutely perfect lineup.

Comment

• I wish I could own a few of the new planes but have to hang it up after 30yrs of this great hobby. Pretty much homeless, being jobless and cant afford paying the raising rent. Depression is sinking in. need to stay away so I dont see anymore planes to make me more depressed. So long guys

Comment

• Originally posted by AirHead View Post

Truth is, big planes fly better. With the removable wings and stuff, they are easier to transport. I guess the issue is obviously flying space. Kinda like the fish tank thing with smaller fish in smaller tanks....Ya know....
                  Big airplanes fly...............Little airplanes flit.

Mike
                  \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• We get homeless, the kind that live out of thier cars, because we have a pit toilet and.water provided and maintained by the city.

Recently the city started locking the toilets up at night. Since then, I've seen feces in the parking lot.

Heathens

Comment

• Originally posted by fieldofdreamsflyer View Post
                      I wish I could own a few of the new planes but have to hang it up after 30yrs of this great hobby. Pretty much homeless, being jobless and cant afford paying the raising rent. Depression is sinking in. need to stay away so I dont see anymore planes to make me more depressed. So long guys
                      Hang in there and have faith!! Try to be thankful for what you do have, and trust God to get you through the tough times... Many blessings to you in the future. I will pray for your peace and joy and future success!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by fieldofdreamsflyer View Post
                        I wish I could own a few of the new planes but have to hang it up after 30yrs of this great hobby. Pretty much homeless, being jobless and cant afford paying the raising rent. Depression is sinking in. need to stay away so I don't see any more planes to make me more depressed. So long guys
                        FODF, Believe it or not in some form we have all been where you are today. Doesn't change your situation, I understand, though knowing we have survived, albeit, I did survive, should plant some seed of hope. As Hrdwy wrote, it is about the faith of something better and from that faith, hope. Without those, no one survives. Place your angst, your grief, your needs in something bigger than your self. You would be amazed at the change in self-worth that little act will make. Success is easier than failure, but failure is a sure path to success. Been there. Hold the line, keep the faith, and overcome. Respectfully, LB
                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Prayers sent, trust in him, hang in my friend. God will never give you more than you can handle. May he be the wind beneath your wings.
                          rc flyin addict

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.frankenjet View Post
                            Prayers sent, trust in him, hang in my friend. God will never give you more than you can handle. May he be the wind beneath your wings.
                            MFJ, Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
                            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• We Need a OD green B-17 that's yuge. 1875mm or bigger
                              Planes
                              -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                              -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
                                We Need a OD green B-17 that's yuge. 1875mm or bigger
                                I'm thinking 2meter minimum!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post
                                  We get homeless, the kind that live out of thier cars, because we have a pit toilet and.water provided and maintained by the city.

Recently the city started locking the toilets up at night. Since then, I've seen feces in the parking lot.

Heathens
                                  I have to wonder where these people are supposed to go? Is it just the cost of housing that turns these folks homeless? If so, there needs to be some sort of program to help these folks get back on their feet. They are fellow Americans after all. We have a fellow member of this forum who has found himself in the same boat and I love seeing the compassion for him. Don't mean to get political but this seems to be a nation wide issue and by the way, allot of these people are veterans.

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

I have to wonder where these people are supposed to go? Is it just the cost of housing that turns these folks homeless? If so, there needs to be some sort of program to help these folks get back on their feet. They are fellow Americans after all. We have a fellow member of this forum who has found himself in the same boat and I love seeing the compassion for him. Don't mean to get political but this seems to be a nation wide issue and by the way, allot of these people are veterans.
                                    I agree. I realize that my comment could easily be misconstrued. The 'heathens' I was referring to were those responsible for locking the bathrooms. The homeless using them never left a mess and were never a problem until the doors were locked.

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

Therein lies the problem. We can't discuss it here because this is supposed to be an apolitical forum but the root of the problem is political. However, I can give you some insight into the problems with the public and the treatment of veterans courtesy of Mr. Runyard Kipling:

Tommy

by Runyard Kipling

I WENT into a public 'ouse to get a pint o' beer,
                                      The publican 'e up an' sez, " We serve no red-coats here."
                                      The girls be'ind the bar they laughed an' giggled fit to die,
                                      I outs into the street again an' to myself sez I:
                                      O it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' " Tommy, go away " ;
                                      But it's " Thank you, Mister Atkins," when the band begins to play
                                      The band begins to play, my boys, the band begins to play,
                                      O it's " Thank you, Mister Atkins," when the band begins to play.

I went into a theatre as sober as could be,
                                      They gave a drunk civilian room, but 'adn't none for me;
                                      They sent me to the gallery or round the music-'alls,
                                      But when it comes to fightin', Lord! they'll shove me in the stalls!
                                      For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' " Tommy, wait outside ";
                                      But it's " Special train for Atkins " when the trooper's on the tide
                                      The troopship's on the tide, my boys, the troopship's on the tide,
                                      O it's " Special train for Atkins " when the trooper's on the tide.

Yes, makin' mock o' uniforms that guard you while you sleep
                                      Is cheaper than them uniforms, an' they're starvation cheap.
                                      An' hustlin' drunken soldiers when they're goin' large a bit
                                      Is five times better business than paradin' in full kit.
                                      Then it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an` Tommy, 'ow's yer soul? "
                                      But it's " Thin red line of 'eroes " when the drums begin to roll
                                      The drums begin to roll, my boys, the drums begin to roll,
                                      O it's " Thin red line of 'eroes, " when the drums begin to roll.

We aren't no thin red 'eroes, nor we aren't no blackguards too,
                                      But single men in barricks, most remarkable like you;
                                      An' if sometimes our conduck isn't all your fancy paints,
                                      Why, single men in barricks don't grow into plaster saints;
                                      While it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an` Tommy, fall be'ind,"
                                      But it's " Please to walk in front, sir," when there's trouble in the wind
                                      There's trouble in the wind, my boys, there's trouble in the wind,
                                      O it's " Please to walk in front, sir," when there's trouble in the wind.

You talk o' better food for us, an' schools, an' fires, an' all:
                                      We'll wait for extry rations if you treat us rational.
                                      Don't mess about the cook-room slops, but prove it to our face
                                      The Widow's Uniform is not the soldier-man's disgrace.
                                      For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an` Chuck him out, the brute! "
                                      But it's " Saviour of 'is country " when the guns begin to shoot;
                                      An' it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' anything you please;
                                      An 'Tommy ain't a bloomin' fool - you bet that Tommy sees!

Last edited by Valkpilot; Dec 8, 2018, 09:11 AM. Reason: Additional Comment and material

Comment

• What's next Alpha? ;)
                                        Warbird Charlie
                                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Working...
                                        X