X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's next from Motion RC?

Thanks for all the amazing aircraft you are creating Alpha!
    I have ordered my 1600mm spitfire and love my p-38 & Tigercat! I can't help but wonder what you are currently cooking up.........any chance of a hint? :)

LOL! Wouldn't we all like to know!
    A couple years ago Alpha used to offer up a secret "project" name like the military does and you could only get close to what it actually was in a very round about sort of way. Nobody got even close using logic. Only WAG's. All good fun but don't hold your breath. All is very top secret and hush hush....

Ditto's to the MRC team though. Last couple years have been beaucoup fun....:Cool:

Comment

Ha! The average interval between when a new product is delivered and when we're asked "what's next" is less than a week. Good fun :)

For practical purposes including multinational language barriers, all of our projects have names. Sometimes those names reach the public ear, sometimes they don't. Sometimes those names are actually related to the model in a loosely identifiable way, sometimes they're completely random and undecipherable.

If you're certain you want to waste the next couple of hours on Google trying to break the code while avoiding madness...

Project Virtue
      Project Tennyson50
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Space shuttle would be nice ;)
        AMA 1102566

Comment

Haha thanks for being a good sport Alpha:)
          BTW please dont take the question as ungratefuleness, its the by product of the amazing quality, stable, unique & great value models you are producing. I cant help but be excited about what your working on next:Cool:

Comment

Ha, I take it all in good fun as I said above, Wesnc! We're very grateful for everyone's support and neverending enthusiasm :)

Compared to "Tennyson50", Project "Virtue" has a more logical albeit meandering path to describe the model it comprises. Starting right now, if anyone posts here and correctly articulates the correlation between the project name and the secret aircraft, I'll send them a gift certificate when the aircraft is officially announced. Starting date is now, ending date is when we officially announce the aircraft (or it's unofficially leaked, which as always we hope never happens).

Just a disclaimer that it won't be easy, though --these are not supposed to be easily deciphered.

Comment

well, I'll take a gander... not knowing if its an edf of prop...Id say and A7 for an edf ! or a P61 for the prop. of course ,I could just make a list of planes and chances are Id hit it, but that wouldnt count as a guess lol
              www.TSHobbies.com
              Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

Good catch, TSHobbies. Project Virtue is a jet, and Project Tennyson50 is a warbird. And as the first to give it a [somewhat] shot, I'll do you one better and confirm that Virtue is not an A7. :)

Comment

ah, no A-7 then, well that narrows it down lol hmmm.. good to know we'll soon have a new edf and prop to decide from then ! they both must be unusual considering the 'typical' planes have been done, and I doubt any of them will be ones that have been done over and over. hmmm..well, my P-61 guess stands , as for the jet, my last guess would be the F-35 ...just cant think of anything that you guys would attempt that hasnt been done yet. Exciting times indeed! curious, will we know by the end of the year?
                  www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

I'm guessing F-22 for the jet. I mean, one HAS to be in the pipe somewhere down the line from Freewing. I'm guessing B-24 for warbird..

Comment

My guess on the next prop is Flightline 1600mm BF-109. Looking forward to the coupon.:Cool:

Comment

One plane I did forget about is an F-4 Phantom....hmmmm... that just MIGHT be the next edf
                        www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

Can we guess a list of what the next EDF will be LOL? If soooooo, here's my short list :Drooling::

1. F-22
                          2: F-35
                          3: F-100
                          4. F-4
                          5. Mig-15
                          6. SR-71 (long overdue, ha-ha)
                          7. F-117
                          8. B-1
                          9. Rafale
                          10. Mig-29

I can see why some of these may never make it to production in the near future, but one can only hope. :Cool:

Comment

Agree with almost everything on that list T-cat! You're missing a 106 and 105 though! ;)

Comment

I thought about that :), but didn't add it because I knew you would put those on it :Cool: since I saw you in this thread already. I hope they make one of those for you!

Comment

Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                                Can we guess a list of what the next EDF will be LOL? If soooooo, here's my short list :Drooling::

1. F-22
                                2: F-35
                                3: F-100
                                4. F-4
                                5. Mig-15
                                6. SR-71 (long overdue, ha-ha)
                                7. F-117
                                8. B-1
                                9. Rafale
                                10. Mig-29

I can see why some of these may never make it to production in the near future, but one can only hope. :Cool:
                                You're going to have the development team working 24-7 with all those aircraft. You know, large flying clubs can request aircraft be developed...;) Those are all good choices. Thank you, Matt

Comment

Originally posted by starcop View Post

You're going to have the development team working 24-7 with all those aircraft. You know, large flying clubs can request aircraft be developed...;) Those are all good choices. Thank you, Matt
                                  Ha-ha, that's for sure. Good thing Alpha is super human. That good man seems like he needs zero sleep :Yawn2::Sleeping2: to function properly. LOL

Comment

What's this "sleep" I keep hearing about? I'm suspicious of sleep... it feels like I'm practicing being dead... no thank you. I'd rather be eyes open all day and night making planes for all you jokers. :D

Don't forget the first "AND" in my earlier post:

"Starting right now, if anyone posts here and correctly articulates the correlation between the project name and the secret aircraft, I'll send them a gift certificate when the aircraft is officially announced."

Who knows? If this becomes really interesting, I might send you the entire aircraft for free.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                      What's this "sleep" I keep hearing about? I'm suspicious of sleep... it feels like I'm practicing being dead... no thank you. I'd rather be eyes open all day and night making planes for all you jokers. :D

Don't forget the first "AND" in my earlier post:

"Starting right now, if anyone posts here and correctly articulates the correlation between the project name and the secret aircraft, I'll send them a gift certificate when the aircraft is officially announced."

Who knows? If this becomes really interesting, I might send you the entire aircraft for free.
                                      Glad you reiterated that otherwise it looked like it was heading into mass spamming of airframe types ;)
                                      But darn you Alpha, have been knee deep for several hours now into the research to correlate my selections :P
                                      Warbird Charlie
                                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

LOL, what's funny is when I see you, you always look so fresh/awake like you've slept for 10 hours.

Comment

Working...
                                        X