Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FW/FL nose retracts

Hello Motion,
    Got the v2 fuze for my A6 and wanted to upgrade the nose retract with a little more robust one like off the P-38, F7F or the A10.
    Here's my rub(s):
    P-38 - There is no nose gear retract avail.......just the complete nose gear assembly. You can buy the nose strut separately but not the retract.....doesn't make sense.
    F7F - The nose retract is avail separately but there is no picture......photo coming soon(how long has this bird been out???) and no stock.
    Electronic Retract for 5.1mm Diameter Shafts - Type E from Freewing - ET8403 For the nose gear of the following FlightLine and Freewing RC aircraft: Freewing Twin 70mm PJ50 Freewing 70mm AL37 Airliner Freewing 90mm F/A-18C Hornet FlightLine RC 1600mm F7F Freewing 90mm F-4D Phantom II

A-10 - picture of the 5.1mm looks good but no stock. Am wondering if it is the same as the F7F since it is listed as a 5.1mm shaft too
    Freewing Electronic Retract with 5.1mm Diameter Shafts - Type C - ET8401Click here to view special instructions to prevent jammed retract pins. Note: These retracts are used on the T-45's sold after July 2019 For the nose retracts on the following Freewing and FlightLine aircraft: PJ50 70mm Twin EDF Jet A-10 80mm Twin

Lastly, what does the Type designation mean as in Type D(A-6) Type E(F7F) and Type C(A-10)
    Look forward to gleaning some more gizmo info for my mods as well as for others out there.
    Best regards,
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

one thing I would certainly appreciate is the dimensions of the gear etc listed in the product page... Im sure Im not alone here..I often check the spare parts of many different planes offered by Motion to see if they would work/fit in a different project... but that info is never there, and often times like pulling teeth trying to get plane owners to take a few measurements for me. I hate to buy parts gambling whether they will fit my needs..especially when theyre close to $50 range. I too wondered what the 'types' meant on the retracts.
    www.TSHobbies.com
    Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

Originally posted by TSHobbies View Post
      one thing I would certainly appreciate is the dimensions of the gear etc listed in the product page... Im sure Im not alone here..I often check the spare parts of many different planes offered by Motion to see if they would work/fit in a different project... but that info is never there, and often times like pulling teeth trying to get plane owners to take a few measurements for me. I hate to buy parts gambling whether they will fit my needs..especially when theyre close to $50 range. I too wondered what the 'types' meant on the retracts.
      Definitely. That is one of the main reasons why I get most of my "project" oleos from hobbyking. I would much rather purchase them from Motion, but its difficult to track down their dimensions/specs.

Comment

yeah, and HK its always OOS in the US anyway
        www.TSHobbies.com
        Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

Originally posted by TSHobbies View Post
          yeah, and HK its always OOS in the US anyway
          Yep, and then you end up paying for $20 worth of shipping on $25 worth of parts if you want receive it in a reasonable amount of time.

Comment

I replace all my wheels with Dubro low bounce wheels. I REALLY wish MRC would give wheel dimensions so that I can go ahead and order my replacement wheels with my new plane, avoiding shipping cost just for some wheels! Paleeeeze! Doc

Comment

Hello TS, DD and Doc........appreciate your adding to the post and even widening the scope of the topic to "dimensions" which has been asked many times but if I remember correctly was responded to by MRC mgmt as being a laborious task to undertake(don't recall exact phrasing) and is from what I have seen quite often across this forum a huge opportunity missed for parts sales regarding oleo's and etracts.
              But back to the original thread topic request...............still awaiting a response from Motion
              Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                But back to the original thread topic request...............still awaiting a response from Motion
                BUMP.........one day short of 2 weeks :Thinking:
                Warbird Charlie

Comment

BUMP.........3+ weeks now :Confused: Have all the CS reps gone on vacation :Thinking: Even sent Martin (CS Mgr) a PM 8 days ago and no response :Straight-Face:
                  Warbird Charlie

Comment

Gonna update you all on the latest information we have as of our staff meeting last night. As far as the Nose Retracts are concerned we have asked Freewing to send those to us via an Air Shipment. Not sure why we did not receive all of the spare parts in the beginning but they are supposed to be on the way unfortunately another 2-3 weeks. As for getting Specs we are working with the Manufacturers to get as much information as we can and we will begin updating those as we get them. The Main Focus will the Props, Motors, Wheels and Servos and mainly for Freewing, FlightlineRC and Dynam. With thousands of line items there is simply not enough manpower to go into the warehouse with calipers and measuring equipment to get all of this so we have to depend on the manufacturers to supply the Data which they have not done so but we are firmly requesting it. If you ever need a specific part measured simply send it a Ticket at this link https://support.motionrc.net/open.php and give us a day or so and we will get the warehouse to pull one and get those to you. The warehouse can usually get that info to us in a day or so but Mondays are pretty much a no go as they catch up from the weekend. Hope this helps you guys and remember if you need an answer and don't get one here on HS then please send in a Ticket and if you are not satisfied with the answer or never receive one please call and let us know. Things are moving fast at MotionRC and we believe you will all be pleased with the results.

Comment

I would like to personally apologize to everyone on this thread for not replying before now. I realize it is no excuse but we have been very busy with various projects. However, please see the reply to the original question posted.

Martin.

Comment

Martin I don't see how in the world you can keep up with the rate at which these new planes are coming out...I know my bank account sure is struggling ;)
                        TiredIron Aviation
                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by Martin.MotionRC View Post
                          I would like to personally apologize to everyone on this thread for not replying before now. I realize it is no excuse but we have been very busy with various projects. However, please see the reply to the original question posted.

Martin.
                          Hello Martin,
                          I saw Wayne's response about the specs that the others brought up(which is great) but it did not answer the concerns I posted about.
                          When he indicates that Freewing has been asked for expedited shipments on the retracts does that also mean the same for the FlightLine product?
                          Is there going to be the ability to purchase the nose gear retract for the P-38 separately?
                          Is there going to be a picture posted of the F7F nose retract?
                          What is the meaning of the Type designations?

Best regards,
                          Warbird Charlie

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Hello Martin,
                            I saw Wayne's response about the specs that the others brought up(which is great) but it did not answer the concerns I posted about.
                            When he indicates that Freewing has been asked for expedited shipments on the retracts does that also mean the same for the FlightLine product?
                            Is there going to be the ability to purchase the nose gear retract for the P-38 separately?
                            Is there going to be a picture posted of the F7F nose retract?
                            What is the meaning of the Type designations?

Best regards,
                            This does include the Freewing and FlightlineRC products. The Nose Retracts for several models were requested to be sold as a separate unit so we should have those for all planes that don't currently have them. We will get photos posted for all the spare parts that are missing them however this will take some time as Todd is working them and other tasks as fast as he can. The different designations refer to the Pin used to attach the Nose Struts. Many of them use the same Retract however the Pin may be different to fit the specific strut for a plane. Let us know if anyone has more questions.

Comment

Thanx for the response Wayne.........all my questions that initiated this thread topic have now been answered :Cool:
                              Warbird Charlie

Comment

Working...
                              X