Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK guys: So, in me FW A-10 I have replaced the UBEC w/ the ZTW 6A/10A UBEC set at 5.5v and added a Scorpion BUG. Do you know if it is necessary to remove the red wire from the ESC / board to the receiver?? or has the board taken care of this?? And due to limited receiver channels available (Spektrum AR730) I had to connect UBEC and BUG with Y harness to Ch. 7; do U see any problems with dat??

Thanks, Robert

Comment

See my answer in the PM you sent
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
        T-cat..........Thanx for the clarification. I too remember Alpha's post about the 6V threshold.
        With that being said, a BEC will not surge upward a half volt but it can and certainly does sag lower under stressing system demands.
        So going back to your statement of going to a programmable ESC that you set the BEC to 5.5v, there is plenty of margin to the top end suggested limit.
        If folks are looking for a electronic insurance device the BUG is a very viable solution when used in addition with the likes of the ZTW 6A/10max UBEC.
        At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

This also has a better amp output than the stock UBEC provided on the FW 1700 A-10;)
        For those with the A-10 a really killer deal for $7 more than the above is the 15A dual input.
        At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

No worry now for supplying all the amps the system needs and this is an ideal solution to having both LiPo sources(like on the A-10) powering the UBEC.
        The stock method has only one of the two batteries powering the system.
        What happens if that particular battery goes flat before the other?:Scared: With the dual input UBEC you only loose one motor and have half a chance to getting back safely.
        If both batteries go flat(cause ya pushed the time or whatever) this is where the BUG does it's job for a dead stick.
        More tech food for thought but put in a practical application perspective:Cool:
        Best regards,
        out of curiosity, why does the ZTW 15 UBEC have a double input??

Comment

Originally posted by dusmmdb View Post

out of curiosity, why does the ZTW 15 UBEC have a double input??
          :Confused: I thought what I wrote was rather straight forward about the dual input
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Working...
          X