X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glue Yellowing

Ok looking for some info . I have a White plane and where the fuse is glued together it is turning yellow ! Anyone know what to do about this ? Granted the plane is four years old

Bryan
    But Crashing is Landing

Paint it.

Comment

Hippie, I have one that is doing the same thing except the yellowing here is really epoxy where I did a total repair job. I have been thinking of painting it myself.
      Still Learning:D

Comment

I know there is nothing I can do now but paint it I am looking for a way to prevent it from happening ....

Bryan
        But Crashing is Landing

Comment

I very seldom use epoxy anymore. The new foams allow the use of E-6000 or other contact cements without melting. These glues don't yellow (so far) and allow things to be taken apart if necessary. Nothing short of a jackhammer removes epoxy. If I'm not in a hurry, I often use Liquid Nails Projects glue. It's white and water based. It really holds and can be cut if needed. Doc

Comment

I really don't know Doc. That was one of the first repairs that I had to do and was told that I should use epoxy. Boy are you right about having to use a jackhammer to remove any. You really can't remove it, but I love now Foam Tac. I did read some where in here the other day that someone else had an issue with glue turning yellow with age. That was after I had seen Hippie with his. Oh, the thing I ran into with the epoxy and I did over do it with the amount I used is the CG. It added a ton of weight on to the tail section it was applied to. I had to add a lot of weight to the nose.
            Still Learning:D

Comment

Yeah...The stuff is heavy to boot. Just don't like it. Doc

Comment

The bad part is the glue was used in the build at the factory where the halves were put together

Bryan
                But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Working...
                X