X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No FMS 1400mm Spitfire

FMS has most of the iconic 1400mm warbirds like the various versions of the P 51, Bf 109, Fw 190, Zero, Cosair, Stuka, Hellcat etc. Where is the 1400mm Spitfire? They have an 800mm size Spitfire and Dynam has the 50" version. The Spitfire along with the Mustang and 109's and Zero are the most iconic fighters of WW2. It does seem odd that FMS does not make the arch rival to the Bf 109.

Re: No FMS 1400mm Spitfire

Hey Baron-FMS does offer a 1400mm Spitfire, but it is an older model that hasn't been updated for a while. It is available at the Diamond website. I asked MRC why they didn't carry it and they said the quality wasn't up to their standards.

Comment

Hey, I just got something on Facebook from FMS. They stated that starting Oct. 2014 they will discontinue the following aircraft.

800mm F6F, 800mm AT-6, F5, 1100mm F6F, 1400mm F6F, 1400mm P-40, 1400mm Spitfire, and

1400mm P-47.

They also said that spare parts for these aircraft will be continued through Dec. of 2015. Did anyone out there get the same message or did someone add something erroneous to my mail? Yikes!!!

Comment

I have not seen that at all. I hope it isn't for real, or if so, they are replacing those planes with something as good or better.

Comment

Yeah, I agree. To see some of these aircraft disappear would really be a shame. But one has to wonder if they are going, what is coming down the tubes? An updated Spitfire would be great. Or a Hurricane. I had a chance to check out a Hurricane in Vancouver Washington, the guy was nice enough to let me look in the cockpit. WOW, what an eye opener! When the gear is down, you can see right through to the ground from the cockpit. The original Hurri's even had fabric covered wings, basically this was built just like an RC balso model.

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

Iam looking for part's for a 1400mm FMS spitfire,does anyone know I can purchase them? Garage purchase for $20.00:Sweating:

Comment

Originally posted by SCAT XXV11 View Post
              Iam looking for part's for a 1400mm FMS spitfire,does anyone know I can purchase them? Garage purchase for $20.00:Sweating:
              Hate to tell ya SCAT but the chances of getting parts for that bird are worse than winning a state lottery.
              That plane was made by FMS under the Airfield badge for sale by NitroPlanes.
              That has been discontinued for at least 4 years.
              Here's the NitroPlanes spare parts page for the Airfield Spitfire for your perusal of part numbers to surf the net for possibilities.

Happy foraging,
              Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Get the 1600mm Flightline Spit...1600 is the new 1400 ;)
                TiredIron Aviation
                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Thank's guy's for the info. the spit's is missing the Cowling,Cockpit, Canopy,Spinner, Prop,Everything else is in :spitfiregood shape and everything work's ! Brotherinlaw also included a 1100mm P51D Mustang with the 1400mm Spit. The mustang only needed a Retract everything else worked. Not Bad For 20.00 Buck's.

Comment

Working...
                  X