Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buzzer alarm lost rc airplane gadgets ?

Its been twice that from deadsticks I end up in the soy and cornfields searching for the airplane. Although its great I am pretty sure that sooner than later I may not be so lucky next time.

Spent significant amount searching the web and there are all kinds of gadgets, from a timer after a few min to bridge the servo, gps tracker, radio etc

What would be a good alarm buzzer for lost rc drone airplane?

G'day crankestein,
    Whilst I am unable to guide you on the best buzzer, if you are close to tall growth [as you indicate] it would be well worth while to get one. It is amazing how many things, like batteries, wheels, canopies and whole models have disappeared at my home field. And the grass is only two feet high on average, although the Paramatta grass can get to five feet high and grabs model planes like a venomous meat eating monster.
    One of my fellow club members lost his model after switching focus and tracking a bird instead of his plane. It took four hours of pretty hard searching [even by car] to located the errant machine. A locater beacon would have been of great help.
    Of course, watching his model would have been so much better.;)
    I do not know what your area is like, but we have to watch out for Joe Blakes [snakes] as well when we are on patrol. And, of course, our area is home to six of the most deadly snakes in the world. No bare feet when we have to go into the paddock to recover a downed aircraft.
    If I were to offer any advice on this subject. I would go for a GPS type gadget. I think most cell phones would have an app for finding the signal.
    Regards and respect
    Daryl

Comment

Well so far I found of all, the one I like the most is the Dronekeeper mini, no need for any rx or battery connections. It has its own power source, and weights around 8g.

It is wireless, sensor settings can be changed to 3p seconds, 1 min etc...

(this is not spam)

On the meantime I order one of those cheap ones from Ebay and will install the mini as a backup.

Am tired of getting beatup by the sun and corn leaves, plus I dont want to keep on breathing whats sprayed on them, I end of w a severe sore throat tbe next day, like sandpaper.

The price for the mini is around 19, BUT $ 22.00 in shipping, but well worth it for such a simple effective design. Once I get it will post my personal review and see how it performs. It used to be $6.00, but they bumped the price and only one shipping option, FEDEX. The good thing is buy multiple ones and it still the same shipping amount.

Comment

We carry a very nice alarm but it is out of stock at the moment but should have these back soon. https://www.motionrc.com/collections...ircraft-finder

Comment

Working...
        X