X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMS P-51 ESC Issue

Had my P-51 for a few months now and have had no issues with it...so far. This morning I was calibrating the ESC with the throttle trim all the way down in order to sync the ESS sound system in it a little better, then I noticed I wasn't getting the usual 6 cell count beeps from the motor. I tried recalibrating the ESC with the throttle trim centered like normal, but still no cell count beeps when plugging the pack in. Should I be concerned with this? I get the normal 2 tones from the ESC that indicates its ok and armed, and everything appears to work normally.

You didn't try the throttle, so how do you know that the ESC is armed and every thing is working normally.
    Cell count tones are standard and important so yes you should be concerned.
    What procedure are you using to recalibrate?
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Well I did tun the motor up several times, just didnt do it on the video. Seemed to go full throttle. Calibrated the ESC as I do with all of them

throttle cut to on (armed)
      throttle to high
      plug pack in
      got 2 tones from esc/motor
      lowered throttle
      2 more tones and then the seperate dual tone indicating the ESC was happy and it initialized.

Comment

I'd suggest to do a rebind with throttle trim at the bottom. Throttle trim at center is not normal for an electric. It's normal for a gas engine where it needs to idle. Electrics don't need to idle.

Comment

Got it figured out. Had to really read and follow the beep code in the ESC manual to restore it to factory defaults. Have my cell count back and throttle calibrated now. Somehow got the programming changed. Probably "code OE" (Operator Error).
          ;)

Comment

Working...
          X