X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fly my Speed Plane with High C Battery

I got two free Tattu batteries from Tattu Battery’s Giveaway; these batteries are Tattu R-line 1300mAh 4S 95C Lipo battery, it’s a high C rate 4s lipo battery, they are also designed for FPV qaudcopter, but I equip them on my plane.
    I have two plane one is blue and the other is orange. I’m running a 100amp Gruapner esc with Venom 3300KV inrunner helicopter motor with a 6×6 apc prop.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fly my RC Plane with Tattu R-line Lipo battery 03.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	94003
    I have a buddy with a radar gun and he clocked its speed at 153.6 mph….. My other brand 4s battery packs only got it too 126.2 mph…. These Tattu 95C R line packs are amazing!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fly my RC Plane with Tattu R-line Lipo battery 01.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	94004
    Here is my other speed plane that we used the R line packs in and was able to get 139.9 mph

Now that is some crazy speed there. I have not heard of them yet where did you get those from? I just tried a glacier lipo its ok thus far.

Comment

Diven, anyone anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by crankestein View Post
        Diven, anyone anyone?
        U mean 45 degree dive? could be... Got 98mph outta my stock 4s rebel that way!
        Last edited by CZ Flyer; Nov 1, 2017, 09:18 AM. Reason: more info.

Comment

I think it's possible in level flight. Say the low ESR battery can maintain 15.6V under load, which is certainly possible. That means the rpm, assuming 70% efficiency, is 36,036; a bit higher if the motor is more efficient under that load. With a pitch of 6", that means the pitch speed is 18,018fpm, or nearly 205mph. That would mean that the measured airspeed is about 75% of pitch speed, which is also possible with a slick aircraft. Of course, the speed was measured from the ground, so, unless the air was absolutely still, could be either higher or lower than true airspeed. These numbers, assuming the same efficiencies, imply the battery that yielded 126mph was at only 12.8V.

Comment

Originally posted by bradl4648 View Post
            Now that is some crazy speed there. I have not heard of them yet where did you get those from? I just tried a glacier lipo its ok thus far.
            These are Tattu FPV racing lipo, it is used for FPV racing drone, I got them from their FB Giveaway (https://www.facebook.com/TattuBattery/), I got their high 1300mAh 4s 95c battery but I don't have a FPV quadcopter, so I used it on my plane.

Comment

Working...
            X