You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have a "go-to" aerobatic maneuver?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of plane barrel role –it’s a loop sized barrel roll starting and ending at the bottom of the loop. Finishing on the same heading just displaced right or left.

Break out of a low pass and not pulling off (gaining altitude in the break).

joe
    Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

Originally posted by paladin View Post
      Out of plane barrel role –it’s a loop sized barrel roll starting and ending at the bottom of the loop. Finishing on the same heading just displaced right or left.

Break out of a low pass and not pulling off (gaining altitude in the break).

joe
      Love that out of plane barrel roll! And I love staying in formation while the lead plane does the barrel roll. We did several trying to perfect it in this video.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
      Currently Flying: Sebart PC-21, Taft Cobra, 3DHS Osiris 60, CZ Splendor, FMS PC-21(FPV), FMS BF-109 1400mm, DJI Mavic Pro (FPV plane chase), FMS Fox Glider 2.32m, Flyzone Seawind
      RC Home Base: Bob Swenson Memorial Field - Orange County Modeler's Assoc. Float Plane Base: Huckleberry Pond - Anaheim Model Airplane Club

Comment

Split 'S' to High-Speed Low pass to 450 climbing Victory roll, level out and Repeat. "Pretty Lame" I know, but it is fun for the first 11-12 times. Love burnin' holes, I suppose. Best, LB
        Captain: Got any ideas?
        F/O: Actually not.
        — Captain Chesley B 'Sully' Sullenberger III and F/O Jeff Skiles—

Comment

Originally posted by Turbinefancy View Post

Love that out of plane barrel roll! And I love staying in formation while the lead plane does the barrel roll. We did several trying to perfect it in this video.
          looks different from the camera!
          my son and I started dog fighting in 704 scale combat, when we had someone on our streamer the out of plane was just the ticket, its only natural to assume we were starting a loop and we would peel off left or right they would get to the top of the loop and sometimes yell out where did he go. if they continued the loop I was 90 degrees to his heading, headed out at the same altitude I would switch to a loop at lower throttle and hoped to take his streamer at the bottom. unfortunately it usual ended in a complete miss or a mid air.

another fav. when dog fighting w my son is a low fast pass, throttle all the way off and zoom climb. when enough speed had bled off MPT to full power and dive back to the runway. options at the top are snap role, or split -s from the point the plane is MPT ready. most combat planes only have two throttle settings (in the fight, and landing) so they would blast by me, I would bank into them and turn. sometimes I found a streamer. my son knew my tricks so he would go vertical and wait for me to commit.

fun fun!

joe
          Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

Dead stick landings!

Comment

Originally posted by ridgerunner View Post
              Dead stick landings!
              My specialty!
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDZ..._bdGEJBmtV7YUw

Comment

Missing the ground. It's often harder than you think

Comment

Originally posted by Aros View Post