Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen 1940s Vintage Line Controlled Bi-Plane - Asking For Help

Hello!

I hoping someone can help point me in the right direction.

A couple months ago my deceased father’s vintage line controlled model airplane was stolen from my storage unit.

As a child in the mid 1940s, he flew this in competitions in St. Paul, Minnesota, winning many awards along the way. For obvious reasons, the sentimental value is very high.

While the chance of recovery is low, I'd like to find out as much information about it, if only for police report and insurance claim information.

Any idea what year this is?

Any idea which company, if any made it? It's possible this is a homebuilt design as my grandfather was a master modeler, mainly working on railroad models.

Lastly, any idea what ballpark value I should place on my police report and insurance claims?

Thanks so much!
    Chris

1940s Vintage Line Controlled Bi-Plane

I can't help, but I do have a story. A flyer here had his trailer stolen with all his planes. ​​​​THe guy was eventually caught with the trailer still intact. The planes weren't sellable because the word was out.

​​​​​​​That's a pretty model and I hope you can recover it soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post
      I can't help, but I do have a story. A flyer here had his trailer stolen with all his planes. ​​​​THe guy was eventually caught with the trailer still intact. The planes weren't sellable because the word was out.

That's a pretty model and I hope you can recover it soon.
      Thanks Gillatrout! I hope so too. There's a few items of my father's that I want to keep and pass onto my boys. This is top of the list.

Comment

Working...
      X