Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with batteries

Hello,
    I have an E-flite T-28 Trojan 1.2m and all the sudden the batteries started draining very quickly. The batteries are all fine and work okay in another plane. It is only happening on the T-28. There hasn't been a crash or any other notable event between when this wasn't happening and when it started.
    I think of is that it's a problem with the ESC. I can't believe it would be the motor as it is working and sounds fine to me.

Any ideas or recommendations?​

Is the ESC getting hot? Do you kow someone with a wattmeter you can put in line at the battery to see how many amps it's pulling at various throttle settings?

Comment

Yes, the ESC is getting hot

Comment

So your motor is probably pulling more amps than it should. Stock motor, stock prop, any modifications? Does the motor spin freely? Also after running how hot is the motor. Are the bullet connectors between the ESC and motor hot (blisteringly hot). A wattmeter to see amps would be good to have.

Comment

So your motor is probably pulling more amps than it should. Stock motor, stock prop, any modifications? Does the motor spin freely? Also after running how hot is the motor. Are the bullet connectors between the ESC and motor hot (blisteringly hot). A wattmeter to see amps would be good to have. merge fruit
          The motor seems fine and no excess heat. I have flown with six different batteries which are all in spec for the plane. I have 3S and 4S batteries ranging from 2200 to 3200 mah. They all worked fine one day and they all drained fast the next time at the field. The 2200s are used on my other plane and are fine and have the same issue as the others on the T-28.

Comment

Working...
          X