Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My SR-71, F-117 and B-2 all fly and and flow awesome. In fact I used one of my SR-71 for combat as a fox. It took almost 4 weeks for them to even touch it.
    my B-2 flew very stable and was awesome doing bomb drops with snaps. My F-117 flies fantastic and lands very smoothly.
    all three had my doing all kinds of mods to get it to a Freewing type standard. I can only imagine how well they would have flown had they been treated by freewing from the factory.

Gravy

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffS69 View Post

Tired of hearing, the sun complaint. I have a pop up tent canopy i keep my jets under when I go flying at the club. So MY jets are not in the sun for no longer than 3-4 mins at time. And considering I fly inverted half of the flight time, that's only 1.5 mins per side. :) Doubt that will be an issue for me? But hey, I guess we all could use another F16, F18 or P51 :P
      The "Sun" complaint is only the half of it. Wait till the "Will it fly off my grass airfield" crowd starts in wondering if it will come with tundra tires on their scale model that was designed to fly off of concrete/pavement/carrier deck.

Comment

• Pleasing the masses and the purists simultaneously is a difficult proposition.

Comment

Tired of hearing, the sun complaint. I have a pop up tent canopy i keep my jets under when I go flying at the club. So MY jets are not in the sun for no longer than 3-4 mins at time. And considering I fly inverted half of the flight time, that's only 1.5 mins per side. :) Doubt that will be an issue for me? But hey, I guess we all could use another F16, F18 or P51 :P
          Yeah, about that... The high desert sun will gator your wings and wrinkle your cockpit in less than a minute. My OV-10 even gatored in the box just getting here.

Comment

• If you shake at the thought of leaving your planes out in the sun, this may give you a heart attack, Taken at Nefi in the hot blistering sun. A lot of them have their gear retracted, I guess to get them even closer to that oven underneath them
            Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9865.JPG Views:	0 Size:	147.2 KB ID:	263841
            P.S: The Tigercat is mine, she didn't sit there for very long!! These planes were either in the air or sitting as you see them.
            Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

• I've had black foamies before. The SR71's nickname was "Wally Gater". My U2 spy plane's nickname was "GaterAid". I'm very reluctant to buy another black one. Even the dark colored ones like the green of today's popular models are bad in the sun. I keep mine under cover when not flying and yet, the short few minutes in the air causes gatoring on black and dark planes. The worst are black colored cockpits under the clear plastic. I drill holes for ventilation in most of mine now. When they invent a black paint process for foam that contain SPF1000, I might re-consider.
              Oh, I did see a black 117 that didn't gator at all. It was made from foamboard. Was never interested in one of those anyway. That one flew like crap.

Comment

• I put popups up to put the planes under even here in the southeast, one for planes and one for humans Nice collection of planes and most are yours right.
                AMA 424553

Comment

• Originally posted by mshagg View Post
                  Wouldn't it be more likely that those planes aren't on the radar (pardon the pun) because they probably fly like junk for a line of sight RC modeller?

Producing a model that falls out of the sky if you look at it wrong doesn't strike me as a great business decision, no matter how beautiful the airframe is.
                  ​​​
                  Not flying well is not the problem.

As others have mentioned, they fly fine. I own an LX SR-71 and LX B-2 and like how they fly. Also have flown several different F-117 models. Have not flown a B-1, but there are videos of various Versions flying and there is no reason a good flying one cannot be produced.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

In the case of the B-1, why not just the promo color, white?
                    The white prototype was a B-1A, notably different than the production B-1B.

My feeling is that no one wants a white one because it is not as interesting as the actual warfighter....:)

Comment

When Alpha considers the sun issue a valid complaint, along with so many others, it is a valid complaint.

I have a separate shade for my models when at an event and still spend a significant amount of time reparking models to keep them in the shade as the day progresses.

Comment

• They have such things as RC covers for your models. Just sayin'
                        My YouTube RC videos:
                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I don't know what the exact surface temperature is that causes "gatoring" but I do keep some of my Freewing models in my cargo trailer all the time. It gets over 110F inside the trailer and so far I haven't noticed any problems on my models. For that matter, even outside I haven't seen any large area problems with any of my Freewing models other than under their cockpit canopy and it gets pretty warm down here in Houston. I do keep my models under the club canopy when not flying. Not just my foam models but my also my stick and tissue/monocote and at least cover the canopies on my fiberglass jobs as well. When I'm at a fly-in that doesn't have enough coverage or room for my pop-up I throw a sheet over my models. It's only prudent. It's my responsibility to protect and take care of my assets. EPO models require a little more protection from direct sunlight when stationary. Maybe at some point there will be a new type of foam that is suitable and cost effective to make model airplanes. If anyone knows of a cheap type of foam that is easily injection molded, strong, heat resistant, VOC resistant and paint won't peel off let someone know. Until then I have to deal with the characteristics of my EPO models.

With that said I think Motion RC should add a statement in the airplane manuals, on the box, or both.
                          Something like this:
                          CAUTION! "When model is not in motion minimize prolonged exposure to direct sunlight as this may cause surface deformation"

Everyone knows how hot the surface of a PARKED car gets in the summer time.

....my two cents...

Comment

• wow all of the above,,,,!! i was a boy when i first heard ! u can please some of the people some of the time... but NEVER all of the people all of the time ,,, oh well foam 4 me....

Comment

• How about a plane in the shape of a flying alligator. Then any sun effect would just be adding better surface detail.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gringotuerto View Post
                                How about a plane in the shape of a flying alligator. Then any sun effect would just be adding better surface detail.
                                Easiest way to do that would be a multi-rotor. But can you imagine the headlines when one of the folks on here from Florida starts flying it around their neighborhood?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gringotuerto View Post
                                  How about a plane in the shape of a flying alligator. Then any sun effect would just be adding better surface detail.
                                  My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Ronan could give us a flying crocodile

Click image for larger version

Name:	149529,xcitefun-flying-crocodile-6.jpg
Views:	509
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	264182 ​​​​​​

Comment

• I know this is a shot in dark but it would be good if motion made a meteor jet fighter as it has only been made by dynam and is mostly discontinued but would definitely bring something good to the market.I also think a spitfire mk 12 would be good to make as it would also be something knew.The one below is the spitfire he flew once during his time with 91 sqdrn .

Comment

• Is it time for my Freewing Mig-29, Cougar, or BVM licensed Bandit yet, ?

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                                          Is it time for my Freewing Mig-29, Cougar, or BVM licensed Bandit yet, ?
                                          Agree on the F9F Cougar. (90MM please) Would be a nice addition to the line up. Also I wonder why this plane has never been in the line up

Comment

Working...
                                          X