First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

TC, what did you decide as you powerplants for your Tomcat? Best, Steve
    Hi Steve,

I used the Freewing 80mm 9-Blade EDF with 1920kv inrunner motors and the 100A ESC’s from the Freewing MiG-29 80mm EDF Jet. In my opinion, it’s an excellent upgrade to the stock 12-Blade outrunner motor system. I think it should be sold with the Tomcat, but it isn’t yet. I know it’ll increase the PNP price, but I think it’s worth it.

Comment

• Elbee
      Elbee commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeppers, that is what I have. Corsairs are awesome, but I cannot wait to begin my Tamcat...er, Tomcat. Best, Steve

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    It has and I said I would but it would be hard to do right. The wing is super thin and would be hard to do plus the Hustler had thin ramjet engines that would be hard to scale as a EDF.

Ok maybe not the B58..but how about a twin 70mm B1 lancer...Freewing has the swing wing tech for it

Comment

• Oh yeah!

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
        Yeah the F-14 wings out flew like a trainer.... My F-14 was the original version and flown with 705g 5000 packs. My MiG also has TVs and I fly it with 645g 5200s but have flown it with 6000's. As said I get great flight time on the 5200's so I use them more often. I have to say that even though I have a lot of flights on the MiG it's still not a "comfortable" jet for me. I do a lot of post stall flying along with a few slow and fast passes, it's still a very impressive plane in the air.
        I'm very happy with the SMC 5300 40C's at 684 gr in my Mig. They are a "true" 40C battery and allow me to maintain a cg 15mm behind book with one battery in the back tray all the way forward and one in the front tray all the way forward and 4 minutes of flight time. But my favorite way to fly it is with the 810 gr SMC 6200 40C's, same cg with batteries in same trays but all the way back, getting over 5 minutes. Can't get the cg much further back with those (also have the TV nozzles), but with the 5300's I could go at least another 15-20mm back if I have enough Jack Daniels before hand!
        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Still waiting on my Starship…

Comment

• Skosh25 I'd actually fly that! A dual pusher with the props offset from the wings, the sound would probably be fantastic!

Comment

• I always wanted a Pond racer...

Comment

• Originally posted by Skosh25 View Post
                Still waiting on my Starship
                Preorder one In a heartbeat...a beautiful airframe.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Starship.JPG
Views:	729
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	332456
                yeah, that's a younger me (2008?) ICT Midwest Corporate Aviation. A buddy was it's captain and gave me some static left seat time. Best, LB
                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Skosh25 View Post
                  Still waiting on my Starship…
                  Nooooooo. That would use up my play money.

Comment

• Yes! That would be epic!

Comment

• Still hoping for a 80 or 90mm Panther or Cougar....

Comment

• For some time, I've been jonesing for a nicely sized (as in 1.5m+) Italian Macchi 202 or 205, Fiat 55, and/or Reggiane 2005. They are beautiful aircraft and have under-recognized in their qualities as front-line fighter/interceptors.
                        ---
                        Warbirder

Comment

• I too, think the Italian Warbirds are beautiful. Would be nice to get a big Flightline Macchi.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coconut View Post
                            I too, think the Italian Warbirds are beautiful. Would be nice to get a big Flightline Macchi.
                            Or bring over from VQ to Nexa their macchi.

Bring the old Macchi racers and oh boy will we have some fun.

Name:	kyo11081rb.jpg?width=475.jpg
Views:	585
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	332665

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post

Or bring over from VQ to Nexa their macchi.

Bring the old Macchi racers and oh boy will we have some fun.

Name:	kyo11081rb.jpg?width=475.jpg
Views:	585
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	332665
                              I looked closely at the VQ MC.205, but it had too many scale issues. I’d jump all over a MC.202 or .205 that was well done, either foam or sticks.
                              ---
                              Warbirder

Comment

• poko roso
                                rc flyin addict

Comment

• I'm gonna get on the B1B band wagon kick. More swing, more wing! And twin 90s. I'm sure the price point would be a big one though.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                    I'm gonna get on the B1B band wagon kick. More swing, more wing! And twin 90s. I'm sure the price point would be a big one though.
                                    Yes, it would be expensive, but it would sell even if was $850 or more as a twin 70mmm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post

Yes, it would be expensive, but it would sell even if was $850 or more as a twin 70mmm.
                                      You would be so right. However, if it were a twin 70mm, it would have to be small, light or both. 80mm might perform better for most buyers. 90mm would likely be over a thousand bucks to me.

Comment

• Yeah may could set it up like the A10 and come standard with 80 with a 90 upgrade option?

Comment

Working...
                                        X