X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post
    We were talking around the field today about what we would like to see and one plane stood out.

T-38
    ​​​​​​Ship it with NASA or thunderbirds livery without the decals attached and you have a beautiful base for customization in a single sku.

Also NASA T38s are wicked cool

80mm please
    they already have the F5... do that conversion...
    that one is a handful though. i got mine b/c it was 80mm and at the time, the largest fan i'd flown and i coonsidered the f5 a trainer and i wasn't disappointed - it has trained me on a lot of things, but mostly on why i should fly her... and then i thought, i'll just drop this xfly fan in it to see how fast i can fly out of control...
    i only taake it to the field when i feel like being punished...

if you want mine, let me know and i'll ship it to you...

Comment

• Originally posted by jasmith41 View Post

that one is a handful though. i got mine b/c it was 80mm and at the time, the largest fan i'd flown and i coonsidered the f5 a trainer and i wasn't disappointed - it has trained me on a lot of things, but mostly on why i should fly her... and then i thought, i'll just drop this xfly fan in it to see how fast i can fly out of control...

Converting the cockpit and exhaust isn't trivial. I've heard those xfly fans are pretty good.. I may upgrade some of my older jets.

Comment

• Originally posted by jasmith41 View Post

It just isn't the same.

Mike
        \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Su-57 or Su-30SM would be infinitely more interesting. (Even a big Superhornet, Rafale or F-35 for that matter).

I feel a bit let down by Motion's later releases :'(

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post

Converting the cockpit and exhaust isn't trivial. I've heard those xfly fans are pretty good.. I may upgrade some of my older jets.
            I am using one of the xfly 64mm fans in my F9f Panther, on 4s, and love it. I ordered another panther and fan because I have a feeling I'll love it to death and want to have another waiting, once I learn my lesson.

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post

I am using one of the xfly 64mm fans in my F9f Panther, on 4s, and love it. I ordered another panther and fan because I have a feeling I'll love it to death and want to have another waiting, once I learn my lesson.
              What are you running for an ESC on that setup?
              AMA 424553

Comment

• RRHandy A 40 amp esc. I believe I purchased it off of Amazon as a power unit. I also purchased one from rc castle as a unit, fan with esc. The one I bought a couple of days ago was just the edf without esc, but I have another 40 amp to use.

Comment

• SanExup. Great, I'm doing this to the Freewing F-86 and was checking my thought process.
                  Thanks.
                  AMA 424553

Comment

• Originally posted by RRHandy View Post
                    SanExup. Great, I'm doing this to the Freewing F-86 and was checking my thought process.
                    Thanks.
                    I haven't tried the 80mm xfly EDFs. You'll have to tell us how it goes!

Comment

I haven't tried the 80mm xfly EDFs. You'll have to tell us how it goes!
                      No I'm doing it on the 64mm F-86
                      AMA 424553

Comment

• I would like to try it in the Lippisch.

Comment

• Hey Alpha , How about a 1600mm B-25

Comment

• Originally posted by Jetbird View Post
                            Hey Alpha , How about a 1600mm B-25
                            JB, Welcome aboard, Sir. I'd be in on that, too. Best, LB
                            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I lived lived in Uruguay when I was young, in the early ’60’s. The US gave them some B-25’s as military aid and I would play in them. Very fond memories.

Comment

• 1200 Mozzy and P15. Cash waiting!😉

Comment

• Man, a nice scale Mossie with scale props and removable outer panels. But, needs to be around 2M for my tastes. Do this for any of the German twins and now we have a conversation. Bigger flies better!
                                  Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

RRHandy A 40 amp esc. I believe I purchased it off of Amazon as a power unit. I also purchased one from rc castle as a unit, fan with esc. The one I bought a couple of days ago was just the edf without esc, but I have another 40 amp to use.
                                    I ended up using a 50amp esc because the amp reading was 48 amps at full throttle. Now it doesn't nose dive to the ground when tossed.
                                    AMA 424553

Comment

• Originally posted by nuts-n-volts View Post
                                      Man, a nice scale Mossie with scale props and removable outer panels. But, needs to be around 2M for my tastes. Do this for any of the German twins and now we have a conversation. Bigger flies better!
                                      Agreed! A really nice Mossie would be great.

Someone needs to make the Me-210. Or, even the Uhu.

Comment

• I always liked the Me 410 Hornisse, too. Different, and still has very cool lines. I know, good luck!
                                        Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
                                          Su-57 or Su-30SM would be infinitely more interesting. (Even a big Superhornet, Rafale or F-35 for that matter).

I feel a bit let down by Motion's later releases :'(
                                          Seeing the same thing rehashed is what bums me, it's the same planes with different color or larger fan... I WANT SOMETHING DIFFERENT AND NEW..
                                          SU-57 and 30 have been out for sometime, P-51 and P-47's, F-35,F-22 all been done to hell and back.

HO-229 or A-5 Vigilante or F-4D Skyray- all interesting and would be great, F-102 and F-106
                                          HE-111 and most of all XB-70 Valkyrie!!!!!

There you go
                                          Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

Working...
                                          X