Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xflys new 80mm T-7 looks nice and is different or the 80mm Alpha jet which is different

Comment

• Maybe the Horten but no to the others. P-51D done as only Flight Line can.

Comment

• btw... yes, no retracts... but,that little T-7 fies great!
        Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

• I think the 80mm T-7 will sell very well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat View Post

Seeing the same thing rehashed is what bums me, it's the same planes with different color or larger fan... I WANT SOMETHING DIFFERENT AND NEW..
            SU-57 and 30 have been out for sometime, P-51 and P-47's, F-35,F-22 all been done to hell and back.

Bearcat I would buy that sort of argument for planes like the F-16, P-51, A-10...

To say that the SU-30SM and Su-57 are rehashed is a joke with a real bad taste.

First and foremost, the 30SM IS NOT the 30. They are different planes, with different features and liveries and that look notably different too.

And as far as I know the only decent size Su-30 (which is not an SM as I said above) has some serious design flaws.

Then the same applies to the SU-57 only much, MUCH worse. There is a SINGLE medium-big foamie (twin 70mm) made so far of the Su-57 and it's a real disgrace.
            Shapes are off, gear is crap, won't even fly properly without massive modding...

And as far as the F-35 goes, sure, there have been many versions made out of it... and all of them were way too small to even fly decent (except maybe the first, discontinued Freewing version that had TV and EPS to make up for it).

I can't but profoundly disagree with your sentiment.
            I mean, I am too fed up of rehashed aircraft, only the ones I mentioned couldn't be farther away from being that, which makes me question your reasoning entirely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post

Bearcat I would buy that sort of argument for planes like the F-16, P-51, A-10...

To say that the SU-30SM and Su-57 are rehashed is a joke with a real bad taste.

First and foremost, the 30SM IS NOT the 30. They are different planes, with different features and liveries and that look notably different too.

And as far as I know the only decent size Su-30 (which is not an SM as I said above) has some serious design flaws.

Then the same applies to the SU-57 only much, MUCH worse. There is a SINGLE medium-big foamie (twin 70mm) made so far of the Su-57 and it's a real disgrace.
              Shapes are off, gear is crap, won't even fly properly without massive modding...

And as far as the F-35 goes, sure, there have been many versions made out of it... and all of them were way too small to even fly decent (except maybe the first, discontinued Freewing version that had TV and EPS to make up for it).

I can't but profoundly disagree with your sentiment.
              I mean, I am too fed up of rehashed aircraft, only the ones I mentioned couldn't be farther away from being that, which makes me question your reasoning entirely.
              Because the Russian planes look too much alike is the reason
              Mig 29, SU 29 and SU30 , also the Mig-25 and Mig 31 all look the same so to somebody who is browsing a site for a plane, they will see the same plane with different names- kinda reminds me
              when Auto manufactures made the same car and just rebadge them!
              SU-57 there is only one model I know of and your right- not the best copy of a nice looking fighter, but like the Chinese, the Russians like to "copy" designs the best they can.

So let's pick something not seen in a long time
              Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

• Sent to me by my flying buddy RudyD54 off the Freewing website. I'm making no claims or announcements on this, I'm just saying, it's out there and looks like it comes with the TV nozzles already installed (at least in the picture). I need a 2nd Mig 29 like I need another hole in my head. How soon can they ship it to me!

Click image for larger version

Name:	290000939.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	351800
                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                  Sent to me by my flying buddy RudyD54 off the Freewing website. I'm making no claims or announcements on this, I'm just saying, it's out there and looks like it comes with the TV nozzles already installed (at least in the picture). I need a 2nd Mig 29 like I need another hole in my head. How soon can they ship it to me!

Click image for larger version

Name:	290000939.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	351800
                  OH MY!!!!! I've been flying my twin 70mm SebArt (Freewing) Mig29 for years and it's been a wonderful airplane. Now, I'm wondering if this one is based on the Freewing 80 mm but with a new paint job and the TV nozzles already installed or if it's a bigger 70mm SebArt one. If it can take off vertically, I'm in.
                  The SebArt was made out of the lighter, brittle foam like what the SU-35 is made out of and had skids for landing. However, if it's based off the current 80mm Freewing and weighs the same and powered the same, I'm worried that the bad characteristics of the current one will still be present. I was about to pull the pin on the smaller Arrows Mig but with this coming down the pike, I think I'd like to see what it's all about.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                    if it's based off the current 80mm Freewing and weighs the same and powered the same, I'm worried that the bad characteristics of the current one will still be present. I think I'd like to see what it's all about.
                    Not sure what that photo on their website actually means. Regarding the stock power system, RudyD54 changed his stock Mig fans to the FMS 3280-2100 Kv 12 blade inrunners and those with the TV nozzles make it perform exceptionally well. I followed suit and changed mine, but honestly haven't had much of a chance to fly it with the new fans so cannot personally attest to the improvements, but watching his, it is substantially superior. Each fan (on my bench tests) drew an additional 25 amps and 400 watts, so from static testing, a 20-25% improvement. Maybe he'll weigh in on this with first hand knowledge of the difference.
                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Not sure what that photo on their website actually means. Regarding the stock power system, RudyD54 changed his stock Mig fans to the FMS 3280-2100 Kv 12 blade inrunners and those with the TV nozzles make it perform exceptionally well. I followed suit and changed mine, but honestly haven't had much of a chance to fly it with the new fans so cannot personally attest to the improvements, but watching his, it is substantially superior. Each fan (on my bench tests) drew an additional 25 amps and 400 watts, so from static testing, a 20-25% improvement. Maybe he'll weigh in on this with first hand knowledge of the difference.
                      I DO NOT have the "high zoot" FMS inrunners in mine, along with the VT nozzles. I find that in high alpha when it locks, the VT will get it out of trouble but it still appears to need a few feet of altitude to do it. If the plane is within about 20 of the ground, it won't make it - it'll just have a hard collision with dirt. It simply does not have the thrust to do it. Whereas the SebArt does. It can power itself straight up if required.
                      Upon further inspection of that photo, I have concluded this is simply the current Freewing Mig29 in new clothes and VT. The SebArt had a solid one piece aileron/flap assembly, with the aileron portion offset a bit from the flap but firmly attached. It also did not a full flying stab like the bigger Mig. Here is the SebArt:

Click image for larger version  Name:	a4548399-103-sebart%20mig.jpg Views:	0 Size:	107.3 KB ID:	351842

Nevertheless, it's a stunning livery and I'm sure that Freewing will have some sort of "revival" when (and if) it comes out. However, someone with your painting talent, could easily transform an existing Mig into this scheme and make it look just as good as the professional.
                      Personally, the big Mig is in a price range that I would not spend that kind of money to get one since I already have the "old" one (nozzles and all). As beat up as my SebArt is, I'm trying my best to preserve it and continue to fly it.
                      Perhaps one day, when a powerful 8s system comes along, coupled with my new found HV batteries, I may just do a revival myself of the current set up and have that vertical climber that would become the next best thing. (The wheels are beginning to turn.)

(Correction made to my first sentence - I don't have the FMS inrunners. I bought 2 of them but they didn't go into the FW Mig. They went into the L-39 and Avanti S. With 2 of the FMS Pro Inrunners, this plane may have static thrust more than what the whole plane weighs with batteries.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat View Post
                        Because the Russian planes look too much alike is the reason
                        Geez... you can't be serious. Can you?
                        Let's just call 80 or 90% of WWII aircraft like they all look too much alike too. My goodness!

I don't see the 30SM being anything alike to the Su-27/35. The canards and twin cockpit make it look much different IMO.

Also saying that the MiG-29 and Su-27/35 are just 'rebadged' planes or that the 57 is a copy... well, I think I'm gonna skip voicing what I think about those statements and leave the intelligent readers to pull their own conclusions. ;)

Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                        Sent to me by my flying buddy RudyD54 off the Freewing website. I'm making no claims or announcements on this, I'm just saying, it's out there and looks like it comes with the TV nozzles already installed (at least in the picture). I need a 2nd Mig 29 like I need another hole in my head. How soon can they ship it to me!

Click image for larger version  Name:	290000939.jpg Views:	47 Size:	78.4 KB ID:	351800
                        I appreciate they are finally bringing the OVT livery in full glory, but they yet again missed an opportunity to make the stabs be actually scale and operate with the proper shaft axis.
                        Which in addition to scale looks, would help improve substantially some of this jet's structural shortcomings. A pity, but I'll still probably want to get one at some point, looks amazing! :D

Shot this myself, back in the day:

​​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                          I DO NOT have the "high zoot" FMS inrunners in mine, along with the VT nozzles. I find that in high alpha when it locks, the VT will get it out of trouble but it still appears to need a few feet of altitude to do it. If the plane is within about 20 of the ground, it won't make it - it'll just have a hard collision with dirt. It simply does not have the thrust to do it. Whereas the SebArt does. It can power itself straight up if required.
                          Upon further inspection of that photo, I have concluded this is simply the current Freewing Mig29 in new clothes and VT. The SebArt had a solid one piece aileron/flap assembly, with the aileron portion offset a bit from the flap but firmly attached. It also did not a full flying stab like the bigger Mig. Here is the SebArt:

Click image for larger version Name:	a4548399-103-sebart%20mig.jpg Views:	0 Size:	107.3 KB ID:	351842

Nevertheless, it's a stunning livery and I'm sure that Freewing will have some sort of "revival" when (and if) it comes out. However, someone with your painting talent, could easily transform an existing Mig into this scheme and make it look just as good as the professional.
                          Personally, the big Mig is in a price range that I would not spend that kind of money to get one since I already have the "old" one (nozzles and all). As beat up as my SebArt is, I'm trying my best to preserve it and continue to fly it.
                          Perhaps one day, when a powerful 8s system comes along, coupled with my new found HV batteries, I may just do a revival myself of the current set up and have that vertical climber that would become the next best thing. (The wheels are beginning to turn.)

(Correction made to my first sentence - I don't have the FMS inrunners. I bought 2 of them but they didn't go into the FW Mig. They went into the L-39 and Avanti S. With 2 of the FMS Pro Inrunners, this plane may have static thrust more than what the whole plane weighs with batteries.)
                          It is the current MIG29 with TV and OVT livery:

Comment

• Originally posted by sfcfury View Post

https://www.freewing-model.com/freew...-airplane.html
                            There's no mention of the TV included in the description. I just assumed they were by looking at the photo, but the details on the website don't mention them. At a price of $610 US plus $200 shipping to US (vs $749 MRC), it obviously doesn't include the TV nozzles and the ordinance, but that's only $53 for the ordinance. Still $85 less after deducting the missiles, so what else is different. The other odd thing is that the description claims you need a minimum 5 channel RX and TX. That won't even give you operating flaps.
                            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• That is the known fake FW web site.

Comment

• Well that would explain all the adds lol...
                                Well I think they are at least shipping them somewhere...
                                Here's an unboxing/build video... I put the auto translate on
                                飞翼新款红星涂装的米格29像真机,双80涵道,整机做工精致,仿真细节到位,装机难度不大,主起落架90度收放,带舱门收放,功能超全。飞行品质高,飞行稳定,动作精度高,有种大飞机的手感。品牌:Freewing飞翼航模机型:米格29OVT电池:2块6S 4000-5200mAh 45C LiPo昊子使用的遥控设备:睿思...

So from what it looks like it just came with the new livery- not the TV- but he said at the beginning of the video he didn't the TV one- but maybe they are doing one with both? The auto translate couldn't handle the servo load

Comment

https://www.freewing-model.com/freew...-airplane.html
                                  Isn't this the fake, bogus Freewing site that has been talked about in its own thread here? Where so many people have been swindled out of their money?

Look here:
                                  https://www.motionrc.com/blogs/motio...eally-freewing

And here:
                                  https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/cl...ing-scam-alert

How can we trust anything this guy puts out?

Near the beginning of that video, though I can't understand what he's saying, it looks like he just "lifted" it out the back door of the Freewing warehouse and made a clean getaway. Maybe his cousin, the night janitor in the factory handed it to him at the end of his shift.
                                  When MotionRC and RC Castle puts it on their website, then we can get the full skinny on it.
                                  I think, in due time, we will see that this is V2. Like HobbyKing, they market a V2 that has nothing different about it except a new paint job. Sort of like a spiritual revival. I'll be the nozzles will be an optional purchase, just like with the V1.

Comment

Well I think they are at least shipping them somewhere...
                                    It's been "guessed" that they actually sell a couple of examples, then takes money from the other 98 orders and never sends any product.

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post

Geez... you can't be serious. Can you?
                                      Let's just call 80 or 90% of WWII aircraft like they all look too much alike too. My goodness!

I don't see the 30SM being anything alike to the Su-27/35. The canards and twin cockpit make it look much different IMO.

Also saying that the MiG-29 and Su-27/35 are just 'rebadged' planes or that the 57 is a copy... well, I think I'm gonna skip voicing what I think about those statements and leave the intelligent readers to pull their own conclusions. ;)

I appreciate they are finally bringing the OVT livery in full glory, but they yet again missed an opportunity to make the stabs be actually scale and operate with the proper shaft axis.
                                      Which in addition to scale looks, would help improve substantially some of this jet's structural shortcomings. A pity, but I'll still probably want to get one at some point, looks amazing! :D

Shot this myself, back in the day:

I think your trolling. nobody cares..
                                      Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                        That is the known fake FW web site.
                                        Apologize for being the "sucker" that kinda got this started. And I've known about there being a fake Freewing website, so shame on me. That certainly answers my question about what's missing if the cost is US $600, apparently the entire plane is missing!
                                        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Seems legit to me. And it's also been posted to the FNRC page on the F book.

MiG-29红星测试视频_哔哩哔哩_bilibili

Google-translated:
                                          "Model Aircraft Intelligence AgencyHobby Intelligence Agency
                                          Flying wing (Freewing's Chinese name) new Red Star painted MiG 29 like a real machine, double 80 bypass, exquisite workmanship, simulation details in place, installation difficulty is not large, the main landing gear 90 degrees retracted, with hatch retracting, super complete function. High flight quality, stable"

Kit: (飛恩航模)Freewing 飛翼 雙80mm 紅星 MIG29 / 米格29 / KIT+S 空機+伺服版 / 公司貨 | 露天拍賣 (ruten.com.tw)
                                          PNP: (飛恩航模)Freewing 飛翼 雙80mm 紅星 MIG29 / 米格29 內轉豪華 PNP 版 / 總代理公司貨 | 露天拍賣 (ruten.com.tw)

See URL in below picture:

Click image for larger version  Name:	22226590523424_832.jpg Views:	0 Size:	25.7 KB ID:	351954

Comment

Working...
                                          X