X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F22trainer View Post

Cold and windy here too. Sounds like we have chewed the same dirt through flight training and instruction. I know we visit Prescott for a few events and you would be welcome in N. Phoenix anytime. See ya ‘round the patch.
    Thank you for the invite sir! I look forward to meeting you sometime either here or there!

Comment

Originally posted by 727 Dude View Post

Hey F106! A fellow Eagle! I went to Riddle too. Graduated in '86. Air Sci. I was flying over at Casa de Aero, but I need to re-up my membership. Thinking of joining the club over in Chino Valley. Paved strip! Niiiice! I live alot closer to Riddle, but that paved strip in Chino......tempting!
      Nice! I graduated in 2016, Aerospace Engineering. The Chino club is awesome, excellent group and a fantastic field! The slope can make stopping interesting for downhill landings though.

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

Nice! I graduated in 2016, Aerospace Engineering. The Chino club is awesome, excellent group and a fantastic field! The slope can make stopping interesting for downhill landings though.
        My neighbor asked me about aviation programs for his grandson and I recommend Embry-Riddle, and even brought him over to ask me questions.
        That was 3 years ago and reports indicate ‘he’s no longer that lost teenager’ and will graduate next year. While not a grad, I knew what came from those halls. I took the high road - school of hard knocks you might say. Hope to meet more ER’s - client last week was also a professional pilot and ER grad and we had a great week together getting him through his Initial Training for the M600.

Comment

Got Callie working on graphics for my Cherokee. Even though she was an Archer, I think this will look great in the paint job she wore. I am having Callie make up a faux rear window graphic to simulate the rear window on the Archer. The Archer actually had a 5" extension to the fuselage over the 140, but I don't think it will be all that noticeable. Red, White and Blue buddy! 'Murica!! Yeah!! N32258. I'll never forget that call sign. I found a picture of another Archer with the same paint pattern, but with different colors so I butchered it up with microsoft paint to get the idea across:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	N33094__0010_DSC09937.jpg.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	178675

Comment

Picked up one of these. Looks like a nice plane to have when you just want to toss something in the car and head to the field. The lights are nice, should make those sunset flights more fun.

I used some vinyl film I had left over from other projects to modify the paint scheme a little. I also added a Flytron white strobe to the belly of the plane.

Now if the weather would just cut us a break!

Comment

wvrailfan- Very nice! Cold, windy and forecast for 10-12" snow tonight here. I feel your pain. I just wanna go fly.

Comment

Finally got to fly mine. It was chilly and dreary, but at least it wasn't pouring rain and the wind wasn't blowing at 20mph. Maiden +2 went well, it is a nice flying little plane. It wants to float on final, went right past the runway;-) Reduced throttle much earlier on second try and managed a nice soft touchdown.

Comment

Originally posted by wvrailfan View Post
                  Finally got to fly mine. It was chilly and dreary, but at least it wasn't pouring rain and the wind wasn't blowing at 20mph. Maiden +2 went well, it is a nice flying little plane. It wants to float on final, went right past the runway;-) Reduced throttle much earlier on second try and managed a nice soft touchdown.
                  Congrats on successful maiden and you did a real nice job on the color scheme. I got mine trimmed out to do a nearly hands off approach and land, when the AS3X is turned SAFE Mode. Still tweaking the rudder and nose gear center. Low rates give me pretty much the same feel on the controls as the SAFE mode. Most of the time I only use it with the dreaded crosswinds from behind me, but I have to switch it off quickly after TD or I don’t have enough ruder to avoid the fence on rollout.

Comment

A great 2nd flight at a nearby beach in Australia....

Name:	E-Flite Airplanes.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	183089
                    https://youtu.be/siER8_SbiZk
                    Last edited by Bellairvideo; Mar 5th, 2019, 07:27 PM. Reason: added

Comment

Originally posted by Bellairvideo View Post
                      A great 2nd flight at a nearby beach in Australia....

Name:	E-Flite Airplanes.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	183089
                      https://youtu.be/siER8_SbiZk

Comment

Working...
                      X