Model Aviation Magazine

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What new Propeller models would you like to see next?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I sure hope that gut feeling is right about that A 26 invader

Comment

• "As I remember, I remember wrong a lot."

Woody, your quote is going on my quote board. Thanks for the chuckle!

I too like the Grumman Goose.

Comment

• Here is a summary of the most requested models that seem to interest most everyone.

Never been done before in foam
        B-29 Super fortress
        Beechcraft Super King Air
        Cessna 336/337O-2 Skymaster
        Grumman Goose w/retracts
        Lockheed Model 12 Electra Junior
        Heinkel He 111

Re-do’'s
        A-1 Skyraider
        F6F Hellcat
        BF-109K

Comment

• How about we toss this one into the mix:

Comment

• You mean like this? :)
            https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=60CgYmNb2a8 I plan to build one of these with power 15 or equivalent motors to run on 4s and be about

Comment

• Here's a unique bird from late 40's Britain. The Westland Wyvern Mk4 and TF1. This was an early turboprop with contra-rotating propellers. I believe it flew from carriers, but it was retired in favour of the march toward the jet age. I'd like to see a working model with contra-rotating props. She would be a fast little beast I'm sure....Looks cool....

Comment

• Originally posted by AirHead View Post
                Here's a unique bird from late 40's Britain. The Westland Wyvern Mk4 and TF1. This was an early turboprop with contra-rotating propellers. I believe it flew from carriers, but it was retired in favour of the march toward the jet age. I'd like to see a working model with contra-rotating props. She would be a fast little beast I'm sure....Looks cool....
                I had suggested the Wyvern a while ago because it is so unique to any other RC prop plane out there. I had even started a thread dedicated to anything that was contra-rotating propellers. There are even working RC prototypes out there on youtube.
                https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...other-concepts

Click image for larger version

Name:	westland_wyvern Re.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	155392

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post

I had suggested the Wyvern a while ago because it is so unique to any other RC prop plane out there. I had even started a thread dedicated to anything that was contra-rotating propellers. There are even working RC prototypes out there on youtube.
                  https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...other-concepts

Name:	westland_wyvern Re.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	155392
                  Nice plane, but just developing the drive-train would be very difficult and expensive. A good project for an individual, but probably too nichey for profitable mass production.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

Nice plane, but just developing the drive-train would be very difficult and expensive. A good project for an individual, but probably too nichey for profitable mass production.
                    While that's true, I have seen offerings on the Net for contra motors. It must be a double motor with a driveshaft within a driveshaft; both motors spinning opposite. Once that egg is hatched, there could be some cool sport models using the contra principle. Was it the P51 Galloping Ghost that had that setup?....

Comment

• Very true...

Comment

• Here is a working prototype of contra-rotating propellers set up for the Wyvern. It is possible!

Here is a different project with the same concept but it gives better detail of the build.

Comment

• Yes contras are possible;) They have been used in F3A for the last couple years.
                          Just google them and you'll find there are some affordable ones for birds turning props from 8 to 15 diameters.
                          Himax is one of the well known manufactures but a tad pricey.
                          Warbird Charlie
                          HSD Skyraider; FlightLine: Sea Fury; FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, 1700 F4U and a Fox glider; Freewing: A-6, P-51; VQ: P-39; Dynam: ME-262, FW-190, Waco; ASM A-26; ESM F7F-3; LX PBJ-1
                          Incinerator Loss 16

Comment

• The main added cost of the contra rotation is the second ESC. Second is machining the hollow shaft and the rear prop mount.

They don't have to be as expensive as they are... Mass production in large numbers would cut the cost. So far there has not been high enough demand.
                            FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• A silver A26 would make sense from flightline with interchangeable gun nose and clear nose

Comment

• Who would not want a do335 or HE-219 and a Kyushu j7w ?? from flighline in there fleet .

Comment

• This here is what flight line needs to make. I for one think there working hard on one of these. But heck wada I know. I gave you your OV-10. Now here's a professionals plane. LOL

See Link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A-jgZFyZ-A

To me this is Super Duper Cool!!

Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by AirHead View Post

Name:	Heinkel He115 Floatplane....jpg
Views:	76
Size:	229.7 KB
ID:	154415 He115 Twin Engine Floatplane...

FW190 in winter clothing....Click image for larger version

Name:	Focke Wulf 190A Walter Nowotny.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	154413

Name:	CL 215.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	145.8 KB
ID:	154414 CL 215 without the water....
                                    CL-415 JET PROP

Comment

• I like the idea of a CL-415 but it would have to have retracts and be able to carry a load of water to air drop it. Heck you can even see the open drop doors open at the bottom.

Name:	CL-415.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	155509

Comment

• Originally posted by vrosi1963 View Post
                                        A silver A26 would make sense from flightline with interchangeable gun nose and clear nose
                                        I would certainly buy an A 26 and if they were to make an FW 190 and a WW 2 Corsair, all in the 1600 mm size I would order all three of them as soon as they announce them.

Comment

• Yes! Game on with those!

Comment

Working...
                                          X