You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What new Propeller models would you like to see next?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cws View Post
    I think the plan form of a Zero and a T 28 are very similar and they are both known good Flyers.
    I wear out FMS 1450 mm T28s and replace them with a new one regularly because they fly so well.
    The thing is that most people don't realize is that in movies where it isn't miniatures or CGI, the "Zeros" they see are actually AT-6 Texans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post

I have it on good authority that a new De Havilland Mosquito FB.VI and Hornet F.3/F.20 would be very positive in the market and be a substantial boost to MRC's bottom line!
      I'd go with the Hornet since I've never seen an RC version. Then again, it's not as well known as it's larger sibling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

The thing is that most people don't realize is that in movies where it isn't miniatures or CGI, the "Zeros" they see are actually AT-6 Texans.
        Correct.

Most (all?) were modified for the movie "Tora Tora Tora"

There are exactly 2 remaining original flyable Zeros. One with original engine (last I heard)
        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• I was working in a hanger and on the flight line on Hawaiian Air National Guard F 102 s while they were filming Tora Tora Tora. We were really near the edge of Pearl Harbor at the end of the civilian airport there. Some of our Pilots volunteered to go over and fly the airplanes in that movie and were turned down because they didn't have anything but Jet experience they were really upset watching the planes Wheeling around in the sky and making passes over Pearl Harbor with the explosions and the Smoke and Flames going up in the air was as near as it'll ever be to being there in 1941.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
            For twins, I think Charlie would come hunt me down if we released an He-219 before his OV-10. But I am fond of German twins. 'Just probably not as fond as the Market would be in sufficient numbers.
            The only German twin that could come before the Bronco without me going on a Alpha hunt safari is the DO 335 and the market would support this.
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider; FlightLine: Sea Fury; FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, 1700 F4U and a Fox glider; Freewing: A-6, P-51; VQ: P-39; Dynam: ME-262, FW-190, Waco; ASM A-26; ESM F7F-3; LX PBJ-1
            Incinerator Loss 16

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

I'd go with the Hornet since I've never seen an RC version. Then again, it's not as well known as it's larger sibling.
              John Ranson has done probably the most scale RC model of a Hornet. I've been collecting books and drawings for a long time and as Ranson says even some of the drawings at the RAF museum are inaccurate. I've redrawn a few of the "best" drawings I have with stated dimensions and I keep coming up short or long at various places. They are close but when you're a scale geek accuracy is everything. Apparently original factory drawings do exist but no one has taken the time to do the research and translate them into available 2D or 3D drawings for us modelers. David A. Collins has co-wrote a book on the Hornet and is a modeler and is probably one of the most knowledgeable people to inquire of scale details and dimensions for this aircraft.

Here's a video of John's Hornet.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz96iKjn2xw

RC Groups thread...
              https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...pics-and-video

If MRC ever undertakes with this subject I'd suggest they get in contact with David A. Collins in the UK.

Comment

• I know it's a long shot, but I'd still like to see a Grumman G-164B AgCat cropduster in at least 1400mm. Preferably 1600mm or larger. It has a wide wingspan so a larger one actually wouldn't be too big.

I'd also like to see some WWI aircraft developed. Not enough available.

Comment

• Originally posted by redtwilight View Post
                  I know it's a long shot, but I'd still like to see a Grumman G-164B AgCat cropduster in at least 1400mm. Preferably 1600mm or larger. It has a wide wingspan so a larger one actually wouldn't be too big.

I'd also like to see some WWI aircraft developed. Not enough available.
                  Welcome to my bandwagon I’ve been asking for one for years. I don’t care if it’s done by Dynam as long as it is done. Oh yea it has to be the version with a radial engine the B version not the Super B with a turbine.

Comment

• I'm still hoping for a Hurricane as the next single engine 1600 mm release as Alpha has repeatedly popped my bubble for an Me 109E or a Buchon
                    Team Gross!

Comment

• Lest we forget the good old Douglas A1 Skyraider. It would be great to see a "dialed in" new model by Freewing/ FlightLine with all the "fixins". 63 inch to join the res of the crew that's been building since the Tigercat and P38. I love the Skyraider.....What can I say!....

Comment

• Originally posted by farmflyer View Post

Welcome to my bandwagon I’ve been asking for one for years. I don’t care if it’s done by Dynam as long as it is done. Oh yea it has to be the version with a radial engine the B version not the Super B with a turbine.
                        A radial version would probably be the better selling option. But I'd end up getting at least 2. One for radial and one for the turbine.
                        My cousin flies a turbine version currently and my uncle used to have a couple radials years ago.

Comment

• After the 2500mm B29 -

A 1600mm A1, A26, and BE18 please and thanks

Comment

• I second the motion on the A 26/B 26 Invader.

Comment

• This might result in chants of "unclean", "burn" etc. but I would like to see a higher quality T-28 than is currently available.

Comment

• XB-35 OR SILVERPLATE! SILVERPLATE!SILVERPLATE!SILVERPLATE!SILVERPLATE!SI LVERPLATE!SILVERPLATE!SILVERPLATE!SILVERPLATE!SILV ERPLATE!SILVERPLATE!SILVERPLATE!SILVERPLATE!SILVER PLATE!SILVERPLATE!SILVERPLATE!SILVERPLATE!SILVERPL ATE!SILVERPLATE!SILVERPLATE!SILVERPLATE!SILVERPLAT E!SILVERPLATE!SILVERPLATE!SILVERPLATE!SILVERPLATE! SILVERPLATE!SILVERPLATE!SILVERPLATE!SILVERPLATE!SI LVERPLATE!SILVERPLATE!SILVERPLATE!SILVERPLATE!SILV ERPLATE!SILVERPLATE!SILVERPLATE!SILVERPLATE!SILVER PLATE!SILVERPLATE!SILVERPLATE!SILVERPLATE!SILVERPL ATE!SILVERPLATE!SILVERPLATE!SILVERPLATE!SILVERPLAT E!SILVERPLATE!SILVERPLATE!SILVERPLATE!SILVERPLATE! SILVERPLATE!SILVERPLATE!SILVERPLATE!SILVERPLATE!SI LVERPLATE!SILVERPLATE!SILVERPLATE!SILVERPLATE!SILV ERPLATE!SILVERPLATE!SILVERPLATE!SILVERPLATE!SILVER PLATE!SILVERPLATE!SILVERPLATE!SILVERPLATE!SILVERPL ATE!SILVERPLATE!SILVERPLATE!SILVERPLATE!SILVERPLAT E!SILVERPLATE!SILVERPLATE!SILVERPLATE!SILVERPLATE! SILVERPLATE!

Comment

• Anyone else feel like there is a need for more twin prop civilian airplanes other than the sole option of the toy looking Dynam 310 Grand Cruiser? I would like to see a Seneca, Beechcraft King Air or Diamond DA42.

Click image for larger version  Name:	ka350_64c6926-header.ashx?h=1183&w=1900&la=en&hash=8F7EBDFC00D3AE8B555397D0DFF68AB8D7468F81.jpg Views:	1 Size:	78.0 KB ID:	171482

Comment

• King Air would be nice!

Comment

• I'd just like to put this sobering reality out here on the reason you most likely don't see these civvy planes............the gear is not turf friendly and we all know how most want/need that.
                                      Of the 3 you list the Diamond would be terrible and the King Air possibly the best but still skeptical.
                                      Warbird Charlie
                                      HSD Skyraider; FlightLine: Sea Fury; FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, 1700 F4U and a Fox glider; Freewing: A-6, P-51; VQ: P-39; Dynam: ME-262, FW-190, Waco; ASM A-26; ESM F7F-3; LX PBJ-1
                                      Incinerator Loss 16

Comment

• I think you could make a grass field friendly King Air, but to do it you would need to make it relatively large, say in the 1500 - 1600mm range. Which would be okay with me;-) That is the same size range I'd like to see an OV-10 made in, while I would still like a good 1400mm O-2.

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                                          I'd just like to put this sobering reality out here on the reason you most likely don't see these civvy planes............the gear is not turf friendly and we all know how most want/need that.
                                          Of the 3 you list the Diamond would be terrible and the King Air possibly the best but still skeptical.
                                          While I do understand your point I don't think that has been a factor in preventing some civilian models from being made. Take for example two of the most newest models the E-flite Cherokee and the E-flite Cirrus SR22T of which both have wheel covers that make them even more unsuitable for flying off grass. Yet they still remain popular. At least a King Air could be modified with larger wheels and still look somewhat scale. By the way there is also the shorter King Air C90B that has slightly larger single rear wheels. I have also attached a pic of it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	C90B-01_1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	115.5 KB ID:	171544
                                          Click image for larger version  Name:	3565e6_d765e131aa9745919d31ad7555b072f0~mv2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	161.2 KB ID:	171543

Comment

Working...
                                          X